GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Left midfield! (england) how annoying is this."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/08/02 at 09:52
Regular
The thing I fnd most annoying in English football is that, Giggs,Duff and Kewell apparently all hold dual English nationality, how annoying is this, we are one of the great football powers and have nobody to play here yet 3 of our lesser ranked (fifa rankings) commonwealth neighbours all have world class left midfielders but problems in many areas of the team were we have outrageous surplus. I am going to bet that scotland have a world class left midfielder who has english nationality, with in the next 2 years! We really need this sorting out but I can't see any of the current batch of youngsters becoming top notch left siders. The only way I can see of a quick fix is if wayne bridge is bought by a bigger club- say liverpool or Chelsea who don't have great options here and he focuses his attentions on playing in a more forward role, as he tried to do in the world cup.
Wed 21/08/02 at 09:52
Regular
The thing I fnd most annoying in English football is that, Giggs,Duff and Kewell apparently all hold dual English nationality, how annoying is this, we are one of the great football powers and have nobody to play here yet 3 of our lesser ranked (fifa rankings) commonwealth neighbours all have world class left midfielders but problems in many areas of the team were we have outrageous surplus. I am going to bet that scotland have a world class left midfielder who has english nationality, with in the next 2 years! We really need this sorting out but I can't see any of the current batch of youngsters becoming top notch left siders. The only way I can see of a quick fix is if wayne bridge is bought by a bigger club- say liverpool or Chelsea who don't have great options here and he focuses his attentions on playing in a more forward role, as he tried to do in the world cup.
Wed 21/08/02 at 10:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I didn't know Duff had Engish roots??

The only real reason Kewell chose Aus' was because that is his homeland, where-as England is just where he plays, a place that has no real significance to him.

And the same applies to Giggs - but with Wales.
The problem with him is that he represented us at school-boy level, and then said 'Nope, i'm going to play for Wales! :P'
I suppose he only chose England back then because he was living there while playing for United or something??

Australia, Wales and Ireland are their Home Nations.
Nobody could make anyone choose to play for another country - unless of course you had another option other than to play for San Marino!

Just think... if you could, would you go and represent France or someone when you should be playing for England??? No.

I also think that Sinclair and Hargreaves have done some good work there for England, but I still believe that today's managers need to help bring the young talent through and help to develop those neglected left-footers into the World Class talents of Kewell and Giggs and co.
Wed 21/08/02 at 11:10
Regular
no i wasn't suggesting they should play for us. They are just could have beens. And moaning about the fact that we won't get anyone soon to play there. sinclair is the best we've got.
Wed 21/08/02 at 13:23
Regular
On an unconnected note my election campaign is now under way (ortega seems to have become my advertising billboard with his tagline-which is always good). I think its about time that a regular sports contributor reached notable status, so vote for Ashley tommorow in the notable election thread. Thanks. Power to the sports forums!
Thu 22/08/02 at 16:25
Regular
"Long time no see!"
But we already have Wookie....

And Meka and Sniper pop-in here occasionally too.

Everyone has a passion for football, even if they deny it (unless of course they're women).
Thu 22/08/02 at 19:46
wasnt giggs born on the borders of england and wales?

and in the world cup, wasnt yon damien duff more on the right side?
Thu 22/08/02 at 23:47
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Sdrawkcab wrote:
> wasnt giggs born on the borders of england and wales?
>
> and in the world cup, wasnt yon damien duff more on the right side?

Giggs was actually born in Cardiff but I think he had an English Grandmother which allowed him to play for England at schoolboy level.

Not too sure who played on the right for Ireland, possibly Gary Kelly but I only ever saw Duff on the left.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.