GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thing's never to say to a brit"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/08/02 at 00:00
Regular
"You are like the 51st state."
"we won the war for you ......i've seen U-571"

please add others so we can compete with the other thread!
Wed 21/08/02 at 00:00
Regular
"You are like the 51st state."
"we won the war for you ......i've seen U-571"

please add others so we can compete with the other thread!
Wed 21/08/02 at 00:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
"we invented the telephone, and the TV"
Wed 21/08/02 at 00:04
Regular
"What!? We had the english language way before you!"

Seriously, an American really said that to me. He also said:

"Three quarters is the same as a half"
Wed 21/08/02 at 00:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes wrote:
> "Three quarters is the same as a half"

LOL
Wed 21/08/02 at 00:11
Regular
Actually, no, sorry that was wrong, it was a few months ago. The actual conversation went *exactly* like this:

Him: I got the new [insert name I can't remember] album yesterday.

Me: Is it good?

Him: Well I like about two quarters of it, but not the rest.

Me: So about half of it is decent then?

Him: What!? Two quarters is much more than a half!

So you can still mock his supreme stupidity.
Wed 21/08/02 at 00:26
I'm amazed at how thick some americans can be. How about this:

Weird Chat Show Hos**t Guy:"you there... can you tell me what happened at pearl harbour?"

Retard American On Street: "Er... that was when the Hawaiians bombed us, wasn't it?"

WCSHG: "So who won?"

RAOS: "Er, the Hawaiians did."

Not sure if that's how you spell Hawaiian, but I don't really care.

Oh, and to get back to topic, how about:
"We saved your a*s in world war 2" (the classic)
"The UK - what a sh*t hole"
"Countries that don't have guns aren't american" (GTA3, I thank you)

Oh, and how about claiming that they made a much nobler sacrifice on DDay because they had so many more casualties. They mus**t realize soon that that jus**t means they made a sh*t job of it...
Wed 21/08/02 at 00:33
Regular
"That's right!"
They refused to let us give them tanks etc (to clear mines, obstacles) because they thought their marines could handle it themselves. Morons

How about the classic American

"We kicked your butt in the American revolution. You were the badguys!" etc etc

"Firstly, you'd lose too, if you faced France, Spain and Holland. You guys actually played a small role in your own revolution. The other countries I mentioned fought for you. And we weren't the badguys. Our country almost bankrupt itself defending you (America) from the French (the French/Indian war, which they also claim they won) so we raise taxes to help pay for it, and you revolt. Thank you"

They also think the IRA are freedom fighters, fighting for freedom against Britain who "oppress them"

I once told an American what the Ireland/UK situation was actually like, with the IRA being brutal murderers, much like Osama Bin Laden, and how they execute each other, not just us, regulary. They soon changed their tune about the IRA
Wed 21/08/02 at 00:50
MoJoJoJo my fine furry frump - you seem particularly well informed. Do I detect a hint of History Student about you? Bit of an American History syllabus going on? We did the other syllabus, so I can tell you a hell of a lot about dictators in Europe, 19th century British history (including Ireland) and the holocaust, and I know exactly how you feel about that kind of ignorance (which seems pretty unique to Americans) that seems to always lead to the conclusion that they are the greatest country on earth and blah blah blah...

it really bugs me too.
Wed 21/08/02 at 00:54
Regular
where are u from meistro?
Wed 21/08/02 at 00:56
Bristol. Actually, a village about 7 miles from Bristol called Backwell. In the UK, obviously. I went to Backwell school, about 5 mins walk down the road, until a couple of months ago when I left forever. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.