GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Those Everthing for a £ shops ..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/08/02 at 20:59
Regular
has anyone been in those everything for a £1 shops ?

i went in one today and came out with seven books , which would have cost me about £100 to buy retail price. These were some of the first books ive bought in my life (apart from the odd few) and im not even gonna read them... i've invented a new business , you walk down to the quid shop , with £50 in your pocket , buy 50 items , pick things that look good , that look expensive , that may be of interest to many people. You then take these things (after buying them of course) , go onto ebay , and list them at £1.50 each , that way you have already made a 50% profit. Then you give free postage to UK buyers as it's only going to be a quid or so- entising more potential buyers into your rath , and you are bound to make that with all the good stuff that you've got. You then put a buy it now price at a few quid cheaper than the RRP which you make sure is visible in the picture , and you've already made about 5 quid on everything ! Your rich ! rolling the money in , then you repeat the process buy more stuff and sell it ! you'll be a millionaire !

Unless of course no-one bids on your stuff , and you lose money on listing fee's and your stuck with half a tonne of books... DOH !
Thu 22/08/02 at 08:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Indian-DudeY2K wrote:
> wow! i didn't expect this to get that many replies. anyway , i put
> those books on ebay and un-expectibly no-one has bid on them :( still
> 8 days to go though.

What were the books called?
Thu 22/08/02 at 08:30
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
make the voices stop wrote:
> Im American and my best friend Drunk Cow's favorite thing to do is
> pay in pennies.....which really annoys the cashiers and we get kicked
> out of shops : )

when i was in france , i bought a pack of gum for 90 odd cents , and i gave her a 50 euro note :) she was there for about 5 minutes looking for change and she had to call someone to go and get some more. In the end , she short changed me which i didn't know at the time , so one pack of gum cost me about 2 euros , which is about £1.20 ! damn french !
Thu 22/08/02 at 08:23
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
wow! i didn't expect this to get that many replies. anyway , i put those books on ebay and un-expectibly no-one has bid on them :( still 8 days to go though.
Wed 21/08/02 at 19:37
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Do you still have Circle K?
We had them and I know you did too because there's one in Bill & Ted.
Wed 21/08/02 at 19:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
make the voices stop wrote:
> over here we have wal-marts,k-marts,target wholesale mart..lots of
> "marts"..but they are all pretty much the same thing
> competing with each other to see who can get celebrity sponsors and
> more customers...

You forgot the Kwik-E-Mart.

Thank you come again!
Wed 21/08/02 at 19:09
"IMolestSmallChildre"
over here we have wal-marts,k-marts,target wholesale mart..lots of "marts"..but they are all pretty much the same thing competing with each other to see who can get celebrity sponsors and more customers...
Wed 21/08/02 at 19:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
CDouch wrote:
> We have Walmarts here to, they took over some Asda's. There's one in
> Bristol and Swindon and proberly more I dont know about...

We have the largest Wal-mart in Europe up here.
Wed 21/08/02 at 16:22
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
How about a 99p plus 1 shop...people will think hmm that's a good deal and go in...maybe
Wed 21/08/02 at 12:31
Regular
I saw a 99p land open up two doors down from a pound land in staines. Now that shows a competitive entrepeneur nature! (i am not joking 99p land does actually exist)
Wed 21/08/02 at 12:29
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
We have Walmarts here to, they took over some Asda's. There's one in Bristol and Swindon and proberly more I dont know about...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.