GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Socks..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/08/02 at 19:54
Regular
Smell of vinegar. Lovely. *blames the Cretan hotness/humidity/weather*
Wed 21/08/02 at 15:47
Regular
yes so long as they aren't top notch. most astro's are sand based, like the one you were probably on. The top ones which they use for things like top level hockey and 5 aside tourney's tend to be water based. So yes sand would have been provided and is an essential ingredient!
Wed 21/08/02 at 15:24
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
I play tennis in sweltering heat and play on the astroturf courts . Do you think it has the same effect?
Wed 21/08/02 at 12:06
Regular
the worst thing for smelly socks is sweat and sand. Anyone who plays sports such as 5 aside football or hockey regularly on a sand based astroturf will have smelly socks at the end of it!
Wed 21/08/02 at 12:01
Regular
"You've upset me"
Edgy wrote:
> That smell is usually an indication of infection and rotting in
> feet...

Wrong. The vinegar smell in socks is caused by fatty acids excreted in the sweat 'turning' as it were, due to ridiculous heat and more fatty acids being secreted for 5 days running.

Tue 20/08/02 at 23:07
Regular
That smell is usually an indication of infection and rotting in feet...
Tue 20/08/02 at 21:03
Regular
"You've upset me"
I wanted to find out whether or not they had the vinegar smell aswell.
Tue 20/08/02 at 20:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
You smell your feet?

:-D
Tue 20/08/02 at 20:49
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heh, luckily my feet are very clean.. Just my socks could probably be home to new lifeforms...
Tue 20/08/02 at 20:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Heheh. It has to be said though that I've been in temperatures of
> 45°... and also I forgot to pack that many socks so have been
> wearing this pair for the past 5 days. Oopsy.

Seriously that is just asking for athletes foot, or even worse. Fungal nail infection!

Neither are to be sniffed at.
Tue 20/08/02 at 20:10
"IMolestSmallChildre"
never come to miami florida...the entire thing is humidity and sweat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.