GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What made you come to this site?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/11/00 at 12:01
Regular
I knew of Special Reserve before this forum came about, as my brother is a member, so I came on the site looking at the prices, and saw the link to Gameaday. I looked at some of the topics, and I found them interesting. People were willing to read what I had written, and reply. It was all about discussion.

Now if you start a new topic, as a 'newbie' you get bitter and twisted replies like "Trying to win a game with one post?" Sometimes when this person has been on the other forums for months! And I saw someone having a go at Rav, he's been coming on here for ages!
This is not an exclusive club. I am thankful for the games I've won, as in my current situation, I can't afford to buy many.

Can you honestly say that you weren't drawn into this forum by the chance to win a game, as well as the intelligent, and sometimes not so intelligent discussions? Did people have a go at you when you first posted?

All of this moaning is ruining the forum for those that like to use it to discuss games and gaming.
Mon 20/11/00 at 12:01
Regular
"not dead"
I knew of Special Reserve before this forum came about, as my brother is a member, so I came on the site looking at the prices, and saw the link to Gameaday. I looked at some of the topics, and I found them interesting. People were willing to read what I had written, and reply. It was all about discussion.

Now if you start a new topic, as a 'newbie' you get bitter and twisted replies like "Trying to win a game with one post?" Sometimes when this person has been on the other forums for months! And I saw someone having a go at Rav, he's been coming on here for ages!
This is not an exclusive club. I am thankful for the games I've won, as in my current situation, I can't afford to buy many.

Can you honestly say that you weren't drawn into this forum by the chance to win a game, as well as the intelligent, and sometimes not so intelligent discussions? Did people have a go at you when you first posted?

All of this moaning is ruining the forum for those that like to use it to discuss games and gaming.
Mon 20/11/00 at 12:28
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well Said
Mon 20/11/00 at 13:24
Regular
"Whatever!"
I have been a member of Special Reserve for ages and always come to this site to buy things, browse at items and read reviews of games. It was about two years ago when I saw the advertisment in GamesMaster magazine, the games were and still are so reasonable and so I instantly joined the club.
It wasnt till about two maybe three months back that I found these forums. Started reading topics and just kind of got involved. Obviously the Gameaday is tempting, I mean who wouldnt want a free game? but I like to express my opinions on games, ideas and all things computers.
It has struck me that I managed to win twice on Gameaday, but I dont want to get greedy now. I do come here everyday sometimes just to read the discussions, sometimes to add to them, write reviews, talk about films, WWF, Football, anything in general really.
It is a freindly place, you often get the odd jerk who comes on here just to stir things up and it is a shame when people come here win a game and clear of again, but what you going to do??
Mon 20/11/00 at 13:46
I've been an SR member since 1980-something, when I had to ask for permission - and the membership fee - from my mum!

I signed up at one of the World of Amiga shows, I think it was at Earls Court. I was dubious about getting games from a mail-order company at the time, but I've never looked back. I've also pointed a lot of other people in SR's direction.

I got my first PC from them in 1996, and my current PC early in 1999. I order all of my PlayStation games from them, as the savings are significant. I also order a lot of PC games from them, but the prices aren't always that much of a saving over the local GAME store, so I don't worry too much when it comes to the PC software.

I actually didn't start posting on the forums to win a game - I started because someone (can't even remember who now!) posted some utter bull in the PS2 forum. Now I'm a fairly regular contributor, and have actually won a game.

(Don't suppose giving them thousands of pounds and several new members will win me another game? Nah, thought not.)
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:16
Regular
You guys were completely wrong i thought he was dissing Edgy for his comments, i stay on this site alot more than him, so i wanted to protect a fellow regular like me!
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:17
Regular
I joined Special Reserve, thanks to a friend, and for the simple reason that I wanted to Preorder Zelda Ocarina of Time.
Since then I've brought quite a few games from them, mainly at Christmas time, so get ready to ship out my truck again SR.
I joined this forum to win a game, but when I came on here, I found to quite nice to chat to people on here, and I decided to stay.

Although I seem to stop people from doing that at the moment...

Ah well. Everyones welcome to come on here, I think, as long as they don't write poems, or other things. Mainly poems though.
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:20
Regular
Everyone seems to be against me, i should leave this forum right now, if no one even likes my comments.
I cannot be bothered if i waste my valuable time, on this site, why would i even want to come here in the evening still with no one on the site!
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:27
Regular
Err. No offence Snipe, but what comment?
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:31
Regular
Plenty of comments, no one listens to me, people like Ceiroy laugh at what i say, i don't see why he thinks we accept into the 'regulars'.
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:39
Regular
Do what I do, ignore anyone who makes more of a fool of themselves than they try to make of the person they're insulting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.