GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Series two of 24 - Will it be as good...?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/08/02 at 17:13
Regular
So the first series of 24 is over and I personally thought it was great. The gun battle in the last episode ruled also. However, do you think a second series will be as good? When I first heard about a second series I thought they'd probably do it with all new characters, but keep the same style, but after the last episode on the BBC it said something like "Jack Bauer will be back later in the year with the second series of 24" so they're obviously keeping the same cast.

The thing I'm worried might happen is they'll just basically make an imitation of the first series, but the audience will pretty much know what to expect this time around. To keep the second series feeling fresh they'll have to come up with some new ideas, and some very clever plotline twists.

Anyway, my brother bought the DVD boxed set of it, so I'll be able to see the alternate ending sometime... oooh.
Tue 20/08/02 at 19:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I am pleasently surprised to see the box set is only £37 from dvdboxoffice, i was expecting it to be in the £70's.
Tue 20/08/02 at 19:17
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
Also the DVD seems to have been cut (ie scenes that were shown have been cut). The reason for this being that in America the scenes that were cut on the dvd were never shown there. So there has been some mix up and we have been given the American version rather than the UK one. On the VHS release it is all intact though. Fox have been informed and are recalling all the unsold dvds all re-releasing them again in September with the scenes reinstated.
Tue 20/08/02 at 19:14
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
The new series airs in America in October, dont know when here though, and it will begin at 8am. Jack doesnt work for the CTU anymore and it is true that there is a nuclear bomb in the country (a la Sum Of All Fears).
Tue 20/08/02 at 19:10
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Cheers for ruining the plot for me :D
Tue 20/08/02 at 18:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah i think it will rule. We have Jack getting on with his job whilst being a single parent, and a supposed nuclear warhead being smuggled into america.

It should be a cracker.
Tue 20/08/02 at 17:13
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
So the first series of 24 is over and I personally thought it was great. The gun battle in the last episode ruled also. However, do you think a second series will be as good? When I first heard about a second series I thought they'd probably do it with all new characters, but keep the same style, but after the last episode on the BBC it said something like "Jack Bauer will be back later in the year with the second series of 24" so they're obviously keeping the same cast.

The thing I'm worried might happen is they'll just basically make an imitation of the first series, but the audience will pretty much know what to expect this time around. To keep the second series feeling fresh they'll have to come up with some new ideas, and some very clever plotline twists.

Anyway, my brother bought the DVD boxed set of it, so I'll be able to see the alternate ending sometime... oooh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.