GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Online - Is it the FoG?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/08/02 at 16:24
Regular
Console online gaming is coming! But is it the future of gaming?

In my opinion yes, it looks set to be the biggest revolution in gaming since 3D graphics. XBOX live sounds like Microsoft know what they are doing, obviously as they have great experience in online gaming with services such as MSN gaming zone.

Microsoft promise us Voice chat that allows your voice to be modified, don’t you worry I’m looking forward to talking like Mickey mouse! Without the use of a keyboard or mouse, it eliminates the need to stop gaming to type a message. This feature is excellent, constant gaming and streamed chat across the world. Imagine, you could be playing Bill Gates all the way over in America (actually don’t think about that *shiver*)

Yes online gaming has been around for around 5 years on the good old Microsoft-born PC, but console gaming has only just come onto the scene, with the sadly failed dreamcast, soon to be followed by Xbox Live then the PS2. Microsoft seems to have put more effort into their service with over 50 games in development, which I am very exciting for. Just imagine playing Unreal championship in a 32-player frag fest with people from all over the world (or universe) chatting and fragging - *drool frothing from mouth.*

I think online console gaming is the biggest step forward, and Microsoft are providing us xbox owners with this new revolution in gaming, and boy, I cannot wait!

With the Ethernet port and hard drive already built in, Microsoft means business and has done something right for a change.

Prepare to be 0wned when I go LIVE……
Wed 21/08/02 at 14:10
Regular
Yeah, I don't want to see single player games dissapear, but it does look the way forward for gaming.
Wed 21/08/02 at 08:38
Regular
I'm looking forward to it, though I'm not sure it's THE future of gaming. I wouldn't like to see single-player games disappear altogether.
Tue 20/08/02 at 23:26
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
strafex wrote:
> It depends how affluent I find myself, and how much I want to go online (and the cost too - a broadband line AND a subscription fee...)

Well just a Broadband line for the first year, the starter package includes a years subscription. I heard it only gonna be $10 a month afterwards.

My dad i'll be paying the bill anyway so there's no sweat off my sac. :P
Tue 20/08/02 at 23:14
Regular
Xbox live could be the one thing to sell me an Xbox.

Even though the Gamecube will go online eventually, Nintendo's plans won't be so big, MS know their online networks, Xbox live will come out first and this microphone idea rocks.

Also, the hardrive will be ideal for downloading extra's like levels, etc.

It depends how affluent I find myself, and how much I want to go online (and the cost too - a broadband line AND a subscription fee...)
Tue 20/08/02 at 23:01
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
MS are building XboxLive up to be the next big thing. Look at Xbox.com for proff, J Allard is comparing Live to being the next step since 3D.

A blod claim that that will turn heads and providing MS get the marketing and pricing right XboxLive should take off. Who knows in a few years it might be strange to play an offline console game.

Oh, and the only person who owns my @ss is me. :P
Tue 20/08/02 at 17:40
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
online is the way to go, my PC has given me online gaming for years and the dreamcast tried it's best to fill the online market in consoles but failed.

i know microsoft will do it porperly and i can't wait to be hounest although my pc will always be the machine for online gaming but if i can use my pc to play against console owners that would be cool.

imagine playing a game on whatever console be it a PS2, X box or PC and being able to play together regardless of format.
Tue 20/08/02 at 16:24
Regular
Console online gaming is coming! But is it the future of gaming?

In my opinion yes, it looks set to be the biggest revolution in gaming since 3D graphics. XBOX live sounds like Microsoft know what they are doing, obviously as they have great experience in online gaming with services such as MSN gaming zone.

Microsoft promise us Voice chat that allows your voice to be modified, don’t you worry I’m looking forward to talking like Mickey mouse! Without the use of a keyboard or mouse, it eliminates the need to stop gaming to type a message. This feature is excellent, constant gaming and streamed chat across the world. Imagine, you could be playing Bill Gates all the way over in America (actually don’t think about that *shiver*)

Yes online gaming has been around for around 5 years on the good old Microsoft-born PC, but console gaming has only just come onto the scene, with the sadly failed dreamcast, soon to be followed by Xbox Live then the PS2. Microsoft seems to have put more effort into their service with over 50 games in development, which I am very exciting for. Just imagine playing Unreal championship in a 32-player frag fest with people from all over the world (or universe) chatting and fragging - *drool frothing from mouth.*

I think online console gaming is the biggest step forward, and Microsoft are providing us xbox owners with this new revolution in gaming, and boy, I cannot wait!

With the Ethernet port and hard drive already built in, Microsoft means business and has done something right for a change.

Prepare to be 0wned when I go LIVE……

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.