GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goodbye Pembroke"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/08/02 at 12:35
Regular
Eighteen years in an empty field of a town and you begin to get a little naive. Guess I'm just a cow really.

So where've I been and what on Earth is going on?

Well, the reason why I've been missing for... the past month or so, is because I'm back working again in Oakwood Theme Park. Some of you know, some of you don't, now some more of you do. It's crap.

I serve chips and burgers all day, and I get to look up hundreds of Irish nostrils each day as they look at the menus. It is my true belief that everyone at some point of their life should serve burgers. I don't care if you did get four A's, you'll learn more about humanity by serving burgers.

Anyway, enough of that. So why am I waving bye to Pembroke? If ever so slightly early.

As some of you know, and some of you don't, I'm particularly interested in games design, creation, etc. Making a portfolio is one thing, but I'm still unskilled. Can't really program very well, everything I know I've learnt myself, and I've got no lovely pieces of paper to prove myself, which is a bit of a bumcheek when it comes to raising money. Roll on Swordspines.

So. I'm going to study 'Computer Games and Internet Technology' and officially become a geek. It's a four year course for me, because I'm crap and took the wrong courses at A Level. And then I'll be a Bachelor of Computer Games. This makes me 'oh' so much better than you.

But where will I be for four years?

*drums pens on table*

Colchester. Essex University. How fantastic.

Do you think England is ready for me?

DO YOU?

I DON'T!

MUHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAAAAACOUGHCOUGHARGGH

*pats chest*

So... any other people off to Uni? I didn't even know I was going until three days ago. Anyone off to Essex? Anyone IN Essex? I'm sure a few are, Ant and people. Goatboy, aren't you close?

Hello?

Anyone?

Oh right, you're talking about notables.

I'll leave you be then.
Tue 20/08/02 at 12:35
Regular
Eighteen years in an empty field of a town and you begin to get a little naive. Guess I'm just a cow really.

So where've I been and what on Earth is going on?

Well, the reason why I've been missing for... the past month or so, is because I'm back working again in Oakwood Theme Park. Some of you know, some of you don't, now some more of you do. It's crap.

I serve chips and burgers all day, and I get to look up hundreds of Irish nostrils each day as they look at the menus. It is my true belief that everyone at some point of their life should serve burgers. I don't care if you did get four A's, you'll learn more about humanity by serving burgers.

Anyway, enough of that. So why am I waving bye to Pembroke? If ever so slightly early.

As some of you know, and some of you don't, I'm particularly interested in games design, creation, etc. Making a portfolio is one thing, but I'm still unskilled. Can't really program very well, everything I know I've learnt myself, and I've got no lovely pieces of paper to prove myself, which is a bit of a bumcheek when it comes to raising money. Roll on Swordspines.

So. I'm going to study 'Computer Games and Internet Technology' and officially become a geek. It's a four year course for me, because I'm crap and took the wrong courses at A Level. And then I'll be a Bachelor of Computer Games. This makes me 'oh' so much better than you.

But where will I be for four years?

*drums pens on table*

Colchester. Essex University. How fantastic.

Do you think England is ready for me?

DO YOU?

I DON'T!

MUHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAAAAACOUGHCOUGHARGGH

*pats chest*

So... any other people off to Uni? I didn't even know I was going until three days ago. Anyone off to Essex? Anyone IN Essex? I'm sure a few are, Ant and people. Goatboy, aren't you close?

Hello?

Anyone?

Oh right, you're talking about notables.

I'll leave you be then.
Tue 20/08/02 at 12:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
You will have a great time Grix. :)

Already talked about it with you.

Stupid Notable elections.

I ain't voting.
Tue 20/08/02 at 13:29
Regular
"Selected"
I'm affraid I'll have to volunteer myself to be official chief
Alpha-tester of your products since everybody else is too scared to do so.

Thus meaning I get 5% of all sales; dirty job etc etc.
Tue 20/08/02 at 13:55
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Going from Welsh-boy to Essex-boy.

Is that evolution or devolution? And your accent is going to change. You're going to start saying things like 'innit' instead of 'iznet' and 'aiii' instead of 'right boyo'.

If it's any consolation Colchester is a dump where nothing ever happens and nothing is ever likely to. So at least you won't get homesick.

:)
Tue 20/08/02 at 14:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Good Luck Grix

Just watch your back in England... if you know what I mean aye aye
Tue 20/08/02 at 14:37
Regular
"Wasting away"
It's times like this when you need to say something deep and meaningful.

Deep and meaningful.

There we are.

Good luck.
Tue 20/08/02 at 14:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
something deep and meaningful
Tue 20/08/02 at 14:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
So you're comin' down 'ere then eh?

We'll have none of your swishy Welsh nonsense or you'll find yerself naked in a dustbin.
Tue 20/08/02 at 14:48
Regular
"Acid Casual"
He wont need you to find himself naked in a dustbin.
Tue 20/08/02 at 14:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Good luck. Im off to stirling uni in september to study biochemistry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.