GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stupid college (part 3)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/08/02 at 23:50
Regular
Though I should really be going to university, I'm going to college to get enough grades to actually get IN to university (I just wasted the past 2 years, I could've got most of the stuff I needed then)

Went down to Newcastle college once, with Joanne, and they'd all left early. I posted my anger

Went down a second time and they basically told us to "push off" (he was one rude b*****d) and come back when we had our results. I posted my anger

So we went down again today and it was third time lucky. I met Jo on the metro, and she told me she didn't have enough change to buy a ticket. No big deal I thought, since there are NEVER any checkies on (people who walk up and down demanding you show them your ticket/pass) Of course, there was an entire LEGION of the blighters waiting to get on at one of the stops. I've never seen so many checkies in my life. They had both exits blocked so we couldn't just leave the station then come back and get on a different train. Joanne begged me to give her my ticket, and then I would get the £10 fine and she'd give me the money to pay, but I've already been caught without a ticket twice (never my fault, I always pay) and if they think you're a repeat offender, you can get prosecuted (a rather large fine) so I couldn't really help her out. So there we were, stood on the station (after being asked to get off the train) waiting for one of them to come up and take her details. About 5 bleedig metros went past while we waited, with EVERYONE staring at us and the other people who'd been caught. Jo went bright red, heh.

So after they got her details, we got on the next train and went down to enroll.

I'm doing an intensive A level (like a normal A level, except you do it in one year instead of two. Means a LOT more work) of Business Studies, GCSE Maths, and I'm awaiting an interview to see what media course I should do (the info on the college website was wrong, those pieces of trash, so I have to rethink my entire plan) Now I might have to stay two years instead of one, since there IS no one year media course (again, those pieces of trash, damn them)

Joanne is doing Business and Maths with me, and she's doing Sociology too (I've already done that, no doubt I'll be helping her with her homework)

We got some snazzy (note - sarcasm) student IDs with a terrible photo (they use a webcam to take a pic of you as they type your details. Didn't even get a mirror to check ourselves, heh) and although we didn't have any ID (anything to prove we were who we said we were, or how old we are) they printed them for us anyway.

We could've been two 16 year olds, and now we'd have fake IDs with fake names that say we're old enough to get served in pubs. Maybe I should sell this information to the younger kids I know...

Anyway, Every Monday from the 9th of September onwards, at 9am, I have Business Studies.... all bloomin' day (that's how you can do a two year course in one year) I had enough trouble doing triple, double or even a single lesson, nevermind a non-stop 6 hour lesson. And since it takes over 45 mins just to get there from my house (metros and walks) I'll have to set off just after 8 to meet Jo and get there in time. I'm used to setting off for school at 8:50, darn it!

My Maths GCSE course starts on September 11th. Yeah, I looked at that date and thought for a second "that looks familiar" - I tell you, that ain't a good omen

Well, at least now I have an ID so I won't get knocked back from pubs and clubs etc (though I wouldn't be surprised if bouncers accused me of it being fake, or that it's not me on the photo, since it's a TERRIBLE picture, all smudged and not zoomed in at all)

Tomorrow I have to get a job too. Darn it, my care free days are almost gone. Soon I'll always either be at college, or work. Curses
Tue 20/08/02 at 10:34
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Drunk Cow wrote:
> MoJoJoJo wrote:
> OK, let me get my handbag
>
> Was it the fact that I have a female friend that led you to believe
> I
> was of the female persausion?
>
> Crazy
>
> it was a mistake i know your a dude, dude. goshness

Haven't you learnt about anything on this forum?! Girls don't exist and if they do they flirt with the Special Reserve staff 24/7!
Tue 20/08/02 at 02:26
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> OK, let me get my handbag
>
> Was it the fact that I have a female friend that led you to believe I
> was of the female persausion?
>
> Crazy

it was a mistake i know your a dude, dude. goshness
Tue 20/08/02 at 02:25
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Or†ega wrote:
> Lol...."she"

dude im sorry hahahah my fingers do the writting they have a mind of there own
Tue 20/08/02 at 02:24
Regular
"That's right!"
OK, let me get my handbag

Was it the fact that I have a female friend that led you to believe I was of the female persausion?

Crazy
Tue 20/08/02 at 02:16
Regular
Lol...."she"
Tue 20/08/02 at 02:11
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Hercules! wrote:
> September 9th - You have Business Studies
>
> September 9th - I have my birthday.
>
> You suck.

mojojojo does not suck she is cool in her own unique panda way
Tue 20/08/02 at 02:07
Regular
"That's right!"
I don't suck - college sucks
Tue 20/08/02 at 00:01
Regular
"Hmmm....."
September 9th - You have Business Studies

September 9th - I have my birthday.

You suck.
Mon 19/08/02 at 23:50
Regular
"That's right!"
Though I should really be going to university, I'm going to college to get enough grades to actually get IN to university (I just wasted the past 2 years, I could've got most of the stuff I needed then)

Went down to Newcastle college once, with Joanne, and they'd all left early. I posted my anger

Went down a second time and they basically told us to "push off" (he was one rude b*****d) and come back when we had our results. I posted my anger

So we went down again today and it was third time lucky. I met Jo on the metro, and she told me she didn't have enough change to buy a ticket. No big deal I thought, since there are NEVER any checkies on (people who walk up and down demanding you show them your ticket/pass) Of course, there was an entire LEGION of the blighters waiting to get on at one of the stops. I've never seen so many checkies in my life. They had both exits blocked so we couldn't just leave the station then come back and get on a different train. Joanne begged me to give her my ticket, and then I would get the £10 fine and she'd give me the money to pay, but I've already been caught without a ticket twice (never my fault, I always pay) and if they think you're a repeat offender, you can get prosecuted (a rather large fine) so I couldn't really help her out. So there we were, stood on the station (after being asked to get off the train) waiting for one of them to come up and take her details. About 5 bleedig metros went past while we waited, with EVERYONE staring at us and the other people who'd been caught. Jo went bright red, heh.

So after they got her details, we got on the next train and went down to enroll.

I'm doing an intensive A level (like a normal A level, except you do it in one year instead of two. Means a LOT more work) of Business Studies, GCSE Maths, and I'm awaiting an interview to see what media course I should do (the info on the college website was wrong, those pieces of trash, so I have to rethink my entire plan) Now I might have to stay two years instead of one, since there IS no one year media course (again, those pieces of trash, damn them)

Joanne is doing Business and Maths with me, and she's doing Sociology too (I've already done that, no doubt I'll be helping her with her homework)

We got some snazzy (note - sarcasm) student IDs with a terrible photo (they use a webcam to take a pic of you as they type your details. Didn't even get a mirror to check ourselves, heh) and although we didn't have any ID (anything to prove we were who we said we were, or how old we are) they printed them for us anyway.

We could've been two 16 year olds, and now we'd have fake IDs with fake names that say we're old enough to get served in pubs. Maybe I should sell this information to the younger kids I know...

Anyway, Every Monday from the 9th of September onwards, at 9am, I have Business Studies.... all bloomin' day (that's how you can do a two year course in one year) I had enough trouble doing triple, double or even a single lesson, nevermind a non-stop 6 hour lesson. And since it takes over 45 mins just to get there from my house (metros and walks) I'll have to set off just after 8 to meet Jo and get there in time. I'm used to setting off for school at 8:50, darn it!

My Maths GCSE course starts on September 11th. Yeah, I looked at that date and thought for a second "that looks familiar" - I tell you, that ain't a good omen

Well, at least now I have an ID so I won't get knocked back from pubs and clubs etc (though I wouldn't be surprised if bouncers accused me of it being fake, or that it's not me on the photo, since it's a TERRIBLE picture, all smudged and not zoomed in at all)

Tomorrow I have to get a job too. Darn it, my care free days are almost gone. Soon I'll always either be at college, or work. Curses

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.