GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA Vs. Books"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/08/02 at 22:02
Regular
A couple of days back, I was thinking, again, about picking up a GBA.

Theres a few games on there that look kinda fun and theres bound to be othe odd release over the next year or so that sparks my interest...

Thing is, as happens everytime I think about picking up a GBA, I realise the only situations I'm ever going to want to play it, would be excatly the same situations where I'd usually read a book?

Which, unfortunatly doesnt really give the GBA much of a chance...

Being a non-GC owner, is there any real point in me picking up a GBA?
Sun 18/08/02 at 22:02
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
A couple of days back, I was thinking, again, about picking up a GBA.

Theres a few games on there that look kinda fun and theres bound to be othe odd release over the next year or so that sparks my interest...

Thing is, as happens everytime I think about picking up a GBA, I realise the only situations I'm ever going to want to play it, would be excatly the same situations where I'd usually read a book?

Which, unfortunatly doesnt really give the GBA much of a chance...

Being a non-GC owner, is there any real point in me picking up a GBA?
Sun 18/08/02 at 22:12
Regular
Yes, it's good to take places. I love reading, but having a quick blast on Mario Kart between chapters is great. Plus I get travel sick if I read in a car/boat/plane so all I can really do is play GBA games.
Sun 18/08/02 at 22:14
Regular
I brought a GBA, but now its collecting dust - i got 3 games for it - Mario Kart, Tony hawks 2 and Breath of Fire....

Kinda getting bored of it....
Sun 18/08/02 at 22:15
Regular
Personally, I dont really play it that much...

Only on long car journeys when I'm not driving. And I drive myself most of the times so thats a no-no...

Super Mario world is just TOO good though. Okay, its nothing new but it still has that Ninty magic.
Sun 18/08/02 at 23:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
Books would win hands-down every time.

In fact, I'd rather be chained to Stryke for a year and have large pieces of parmesan cheese thrown at me than to play on my GBA.
Sun 18/08/02 at 23:12
GBAs are good!

Mario world on the bus!
Final Fight on the train!

Golden Sun with its Mana-esque qualities brings joy those camping trips.

Ooh and just think, by christmas time as you're taking that 22 hour flight to some exotic location - you could read Lord of the Rings/ flies/ dance/ etc.... but imagine the fun you'd have training up "Brutal Deluxe" to league winning glory on the enhanced GBA version of Speedball 2!

Books have had their day!
Sun 18/08/02 at 23:22
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
The GBA is heavy so when you throw it at little kids they run away!
Sun 18/08/02 at 23:25
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
GBA vs books. No competition really........Secret of Mana is (hopefully) coming out next year on the GBA.
Sun 18/08/02 at 23:27
Sweet!

Mana!
Zelda!
and a new Final Fantasy!

Books? Pah!
Sun 18/08/02 at 23:36
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
My only game I want in the GBA really is Yoshi's Island. I enjoy Mario crying his eyes out while gently submerging into a pit of lava. Ohhhh, the memories when i wass a kid submerging quickly into fleash eaten lava were good times.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.