GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Finally Have An Electric Guitar! W00t!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/08/02 at 16:03
Regular
I went shopping with my mum today and got a £150 electric guitar, amp, gig bag, plectrum, video, strap etc to boot :D

I can play some songs, and the distortion on the amp is excellent (Muahaha!), although it's annoying when trying to play a non-Nirvana song! What the hell does that silver thing with the metal tip do? It screws onto the guitar, but I can't get it to touch the strings...

Anyone know? I screwed it in, but it still didn't touch those damn strings.

Thanks,
LF.
Thu 22/08/02 at 15:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
hoho

Thats the tremelo arm... push it inwards gently

I took mine off... gets in way unless you need it.
Thu 22/08/02 at 13:30
Regular
"i like cars!!!!!!"
never heard of it??????????
Thu 22/08/02 at 13:29
Regular
"i like cars!!!!!!"
i was going to by an eletric guitar but i didnt so i brought a PS2.
Wed 21/08/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Lawless Fever wrote:

What the hell does that silver thing with the metal tip do? It
> screws onto the guitar, but I can't get it to touch the strings...
>
>Anyone know? I screwed it in, but it still didn't touch those damn strings.

Err, are you talking about the Tremelo arm, or Whammy bar if you insist? If so, it's not supposed to touch the strings, it rocks the bridge back and forth to change the pitch of a played note. This enables you to do mad Kerry King style powerdives.

It's what it's all about.

On the guitar you have, it's far more likely to make the thing go out of tune every time you touch it, so it's best if you don't...
Wed 21/08/02 at 09:57
Regular
any topic that has w00t in the title deserves to be ignored, so ummm lets ingore it.
Tue 20/08/02 at 21:04
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
eeeerrrrrrr, I know that one, hhhhhhmmmmmm...

...no I don't!

Can ya play "Smells like teen spirit"? That song rules.
Sun 18/08/02 at 16:03
I went shopping with my mum today and got a £150 electric guitar, amp, gig bag, plectrum, video, strap etc to boot :D

I can play some songs, and the distortion on the amp is excellent (Muahaha!), although it's annoying when trying to play a non-Nirvana song! What the hell does that silver thing with the metal tip do? It screws onto the guitar, but I can't get it to touch the strings...

Anyone know? I screwed it in, but it still didn't touch those damn strings.

Thanks,
LF.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.