GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ps2 wow lets have a 2 player"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/11/00 at 09:40
Regular
ha ha ha
Mon 20/11/00 at 13:52

Yes, there is. Most consoles have a serial link cable for conecting just 2 machines together.

The current generation of consoles (DC, PSX2) will have a network adapter that will let you connect several machines together (exactly the same as a PC LAN). The DC one is already available in Japan, it also lets you connect to a PC LAN as well and play against PC owners (I do not know if the PSX2 one will or not as there has been no official anouncement of the device yet, but it is very likely that it will as long as the software supports it).
Mon 20/11/00 at 13:21
> However, if the game is split screen, wouldn't you find that it
> became a little confusing with many tiny screens within your
> television?

It's more for games like FIFA where you can play on one large screen with up to 8 players controlling individual footballers in the game.

Certainly when it comes to split-screen, four would be an absolute maximum.
Mon 20/11/00 at 13:20
Regular
"not dead"
"though I believe you could only use one"

Of the multitaps. Not one of the controllers connected to it.

Just thought that I'd better state what I meant before my poor use of English confused anyone.

(Who would believe that I'd been speaking the language for over 20 years...)
Mon 20/11/00 at 13:17
Regular
"not dead"
You could get a device similar to the multitap for the SNES that had 5 ports, though I believe you could only use one. The N64 only has 4 ports, and I don't think that there is a way to get more at present.
However, if the game is split screen, wouldn't you find that it became a little confusing with many tiny screens within your television? Personally I wouldn't want it to get any smaller than a quarter of a screen.
Maybe there's a way of connecting a number of consoles and televisions?
Mon 20/11/00 at 13:12
I have a question...

After failing with all other attempts, people are now starting to put PS2 down with this "only 2 controller ports" crap.

If we want to, we can buy one multi-tap and have 5 players, or two multi-tap's and have 8 players.

Can any of the other consoles - N64, Dreamcast, GameCube, X-box - have any more than 4 controllers connected?

I honestly do not know the answer, but if the answer is "no", then who has the last laugh?
Mon 20/11/00 at 12:47
Regular
"Complete Banker"
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather be able to play PSOne games and DVD's on my PS2 than have 4 controller ports. Anyway how many games out there on the DC or N64 that actually support this and are worth playing??
If I want 4 players on 1 PS2 I'll buy a multi-tap2.
Mon 20/11/00 at 07:53
well they sold more then the DC did1 i am just wondering if sega were as popuar as sony, and if there console was in such high demand how much of a await u would have to have.
Sun 19/11/00 at 23:24
They're sold out because Sony screwed up the production line, ooops, I mean they couldn't meet the demand ;)
Sun 19/11/00 at 20:20
Regular
"Whatever!"
chriscg123 wrote:
> ps2 )(ARE CRAP)(

Thats why they are sold out till next year right?
Sun 19/11/00 at 19:25
chriscg123: There really are better ways of expressing your opinion (which is what it is).

Whilst I am not exactly enthralled by the PSX2, I can see that it is definately an advance on the old PSX and it will sell well due to the fact that most of the game playing public are 'casual gamers' that do not know any better.

Sadly they will miss out on some quality titles so just be grateful that you wont (it really is their loss).

Getting back to my point, at least try and make a sensible argument so we can see why you have formed this opinion (e.g. RR5 is the same as RR4, TTT is the same as T3 with an extra mode or two (note: these are just examples ;) )).

Oh and in case your wondering, I will not be purchasing a PSX2 until one or two of the following have happened:

1. I can go into a shop and take one off the shelf.
2. The price is lowered so it is actually worth it.
3. There are some titles worth owning on the machine.

(I will however make sure I get to play the machine once in a while at a friends or the local import shop)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.