GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"metal gear solid substance and metal gear solid 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/08/02 at 13:55
Regular
whats the differnce between MGS2 and MGS2 substace as i need to know if its worth getting is it the same story with VR missions or is it the same area with a differnt story line or is it completly new game? there is no reviews for it yet so i was thinking about getting is it worth it is you have already goy MGS2?
Wed 21/08/02 at 21:49
Regular
It also has a skate boarding part doesn't it?
Wed 21/08/02 at 21:16
Regular
Whilst many, including myself, felt that Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty was near perfection, there were those who claimed it was bogged down by an overly complex story, or too short when compared to games such as Final Fantasy. This was possibly true, and Hideo Kojima and the team recognised that people wanted more play and less chit chat. As a result, MGS2: Substance has been announced, a game planning to bring us not only the quality of the original, but also bundles of new gameplay features, some of which do not rely on the storyline.

The game will be split into four sections. Firstly, the original Sons of Liberty game, and then the new Snake Tales, VR Missions and Alternative Missions. The game is likely to come on a double disc, seeing as the original game already spanned an entire DVD.

Sons of Liberty - This will be identical to the previous game, allowing those who missed it before to have the chance to go through it. It isn`t necessary to complete it to use the other modes though. This gives the game a "2 in 1" feel.

VR Missions - This mode will contain over 200 objectives, spread across VR worlds constructed using a combination of realistic graphics and cel-shading.

Alternative Missions - 100 new objectives will be found here, set parallel to the plot of MGS2, covering Big Shell, Plant and Tanker. Hopefully this should include more than one playable character, and also new puzzles to uncover.

Snake Tales - Varying length stories, containing several familiar characters will be spread across Snake's history. There will even be the chance for a skate boarding experience aboard the Big Shell, utilising the game engine from Konami's Evolution Skateboarding.

Some exciting features:

- Solid Snake doing a Misty Flip and scaring away the seagulls.
- Crazy VR Missions with the possibility of Snake in a tuxedo and even 70 foot tall guards.
- Fed up of playing Raiden? This game should give you the chance to use Snake as well during all the levels.
- Its a Hideo Kojima game, so you can expect to find a whole load of hidden extras and all new features to play with.

Though I`m sure there will be many who see this as a very cheap sequel, taking a great game (possibly the greatest of all time) and adding loads of extra features and options is a good idea. For anybody who didn`t buy MGS2, this game is perfect, and even for those who did, MGS2: Substance still has a lot of potential, especially for big fans of the MGS games.
Sat 17/08/02 at 13:55
Regular
"egg heads replacmen"
whats the differnce between MGS2 and MGS2 substace as i need to know if its worth getting is it the same story with VR missions or is it the same area with a differnt story line or is it completly new game? there is no reviews for it yet so i was thinking about getting is it worth it is you have already goy MGS2?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.