GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evolution 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/08/02 at 11:32
Regular
Hm.... what will it be like.... looking around the web, it is gonna be similar to the first one, with few alterations, so is it really worth playing another £40 to by a copy of almost a game i have already got?

If anyone knows, what extra things have been added to the game?
Mon 19/08/02 at 22:22
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Oh yeah.

Dammit!
Mon 19/08/02 at 21:08
Regular
"Hmmm....."
PoSh KiD wrote:

> Well give it to MEEEEE!!!!

---------

Would it work on your PS2 ?

I think not......
Mon 19/08/02 at 20:45
two months...? hell......:(

thats ages away

what games are coming out from now to then to keep me amused?
Mon 19/08/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Hercules! wrote:
> WE6 is boring me now....... getting annoying and boring and
> stuff.....
>
> :(

Well give it to MEEEEE!!!!

Oh yeah and it comes out mid-october not November.
Mon 19/08/02 at 16:25
Regular
"Hmmm....."
WE6 is boring me now....... getting annoying and boring and stuff.....

:(
Mon 19/08/02 at 16:25
Due for release on 08/11/2002, well thats from what i gather, but it may change.
Mon 19/08/02 at 16:15
wow.....now i really can't wait... whens it coming out again?
Mon 19/08/02 at 16:10
I think it'll be amazing, i'm playing WE6 at the moment, but as with all the Japanese versions, the game gets improved upon for the european market, so i really cant wait...

Here's a taster for you....

Improvements to the game are as follows:-

Training

First up is the new training mode. This has been heavily expanded on, and even has rewards if completed well. In previous games you could do the basics like practicing free kicks and one-twos etc, but now challenges have been included which let you test your skills. These include various things e.g. running though cones at the quickest time or even keeping hold of the ball for two minutes without letting the other team get the ball. The modes are very challenging and indeed very entertaining.

Core Of the Game

First of all is my only dissappointment....the players are a bit more, how can i put it....chuncky/fat!?? something like that. But hey it might get better for PES2.

56 International teams (inc.. Senegal, Costa Rica ect) , plus 9 Bonus teams (England, France, Holland, Italy, Germany, Brazil, and Argentina) to unlock.

Play wise, it's much faster than PES, and players now mirror their real life counter-parts, like beckhams free-kicks looking, like, well identical...from the body movement to the dip and swerve, it's all there.

The R2 sidestep has also had a face lift, with players now dragging the ball to either side with his studs. Very Zidane-like!

Fast players (Ronaldo, Owen) can no longer skin slow defenders as easily as before. Making the passing and moving more essential. I guess it makes for a more rewarding game!! As well as this, players now tire-out more realisticlly, no longer can a whippet run for a full match, including extra-time, without slowing down a bit.

Players look great, Pires is a perfect incarnation of his real-life-self, as are many others.

There is now an option to veiw how players in your team, link up with others. With players who are good in real life now standing out more and feeling more influential when playing an important match. Zidane is a classic example of players standing out, an inch perfect through ball to Henry, who effortlessly glides a chip over the keeper and into the empty net, SUBLIME!!!

Konami cup can now be played with Club teams, so there's more options, when playing mates.

Master League

The ML now has 3 Divisons for you to negociate, with a total of 40 TEAMS. There are also cup competitions which run during the season, as well as a mini master league if you manage to get in the top 4 of division 1. The pre-season now lasts longer, with the ability to arange friendlies, and get extra cash. Players can now be loaned in over a period of time, although this is a bit costly. As well as this there are some free-transfers available.

The biggest plus though is the inclusion of a co-operative ML.

The Edit Modes

The edit mode has also been improved upon. In PES it was a pain having to create players just because their physical features might be wrong, or even the fact that their attributes were inaccurate. Luckily there is now a simpler edit feature that allows you to change anything you want to an in game player! You can now change footwear, hairstyles and even skill points without having to re-create! A massive bonus!

Last but not least though, and this is a REAL BONUS......is the new club edit feature. Here you can change the kit, the team name, and a variety of other things to any master league team! This is probably the best new feature in the game, but is defiantly let down by the fact that there is no option to alter the international team kits. Being the World Cup it would have been more appropriate to include this feature as well, but seeing as the Master League is the most popular mode you cant blame the developers for opting to make it for the club teams.

Sounds and Sponsorship

The games actually seem to have fans playing a better role, singing, chants, it sounds sooo much better than before. One thing i know is that Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking will do the co-commentary for our version. Finally could Decent comentary finally grace the masterfull ISS???? Here's hoping..

As for the sponsors of the Japanese game, It's the mighty Addidas who are splashed around on the sponsor boards, footwear, with the ball being the official ball of the world cup, the Fera Nova or what ever it's called. Whether this remains i don't know, it'd be a pitty if it went but hey there must be reasons.

There's even a rumor that we might get ALL the correct player names, not just the ones with the FifaPro licence, but EVERYONE!!

Anyway i hope that helped you come to a decision over whether to buy it or not, but i tell you, you'd miss a whole lot if you didn't. Mines is in the post, I HOPE!!
Mon 19/08/02 at 13:21
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh I think thats one of the things that have been ammended in the new version or so ive been told.
Mon 19/08/02 at 13:20
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Commentary in WE6 is amazingly funny but can be annoying too.

They say the words for aaaaaages.

So it would sound like this:

"Goooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll"

You get the idea......

As im not fluent in Japanese, I cant tell what they are saying, BUT, they say lots of stuff and it sounds good. They even give match reports (I presume) and tell you all the stats and everything when replays are being shown and at Half time/full time.

So I would think that the English commentating will be exactly the same........... apart from....... in English...... duh.

PES sucks anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.