GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Call Of Duty 5 ? .."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty 5 : World At War'.
Wed 04/06/08 at 16:23
"keep a rockin'"
Some info i have found about the call of duty 5 game that is set to be released along side a new guitar hero 4...

treyarch this time is said to be the developer of the game which apparently mike griffin ( CEO of activision ) has claimed that it will be coming to ps3, xbox 360, PC and DS, and also coming back to the ps2 and wii.

The biggest part of information i know is that it is set to be back in World War 2 in the pacific. but then again these could all be rumours and nothing but true.

I'm not too keen on the ww2 part, its like taking one step forward two steps back :( i was hoping for a follow on from Cod4. perhaps soap being the captain leading his own group of men through dangerous missions?

it is said though that COD5 will be using the same game engine as COD4 again.

We are still riding high on COD4 and a sudden realise of a new one would mean bad news in my books but then again I'm no Master of the gaming world.

Anything you know about it let us know ! :D
Thu 12/06/08 at 18:34
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
What you have given us is quite good, just picked up a copy of OXM to read during my lunchbreak and there happned to be a large section on it.

Based in the pacific during the second world war - looks really atmospheric. Think it will be a step back as COD 4 is such a masterpiece - but this one is getting a bit of a revamp - it's going to be pretty gory (or so I have read).

Along with that, there will be a Co-Op option for up to 4 players and of course, the online deathmatch options. But as it's in WW2 I'm wondering if there will be any kill-streak bonuses, as I'm sure there were no UAVs back then.

It had a good review, but I think it will probably disappoint as it won't be of the COD standards we know.
Wed 04/06/08 at 22:37
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Luetchyboy wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
>
> except CoD4 contained lots of neat stuff for next gen consoles
> to make look snazzy, it`ll be a job to get a PS2 version
> working
> like that.
>
> wish i could fill you all in on this, but once again - not
> allowed yet i`m afraid (i know, you`re sick of me saying that,
> but i`m not risking getting sacked for you chumps ;)

>
> What do you mean you can't fill us in? Fill us in on what?

game details sir.
Wed 04/06/08 at 19:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Treyarch are a rubbish games developer IMO.This is bound to be one huge disappointment especially after the fantastic COD 4.
Wed 04/06/08 at 17:30
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:

> except CoD4 contained lots of neat stuff for next gen consoles
> to make look snazzy, it`ll be a job to get a PS2 version working
> like that.
>
> wish i could fill you all in on this, but once again - not
> allowed yet i`m afraid (i know, you`re sick of me saying that,
> but i`m not risking getting sacked for you chumps ;)

What do you mean you can't fill us in? Fill us in on what?
Wed 04/06/08 at 17:16
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Silky Dj wrote:
> it is said though that COD5 will be using the same game engine
> as COD4 again.

except CoD4 contained lots of neat stuff for next gen consoles to make look snazzy, it`ll be a job to get a PS2 version working like that.

wish i could fill you all in on this, but once again - not allowed yet i`m afraid (i know, you`re sick of me saying that, but i`m not risking getting sacked for you chumps ;) )
Wed 04/06/08 at 16:36
Regular
I read something similiar with regards to Call of Duty 5, Treyarch are the ones responsible for the awful Call of Duty 3. If they do decide to jump back to the World War 2 period it would be very disappointing. Call of Duty 4 seemed to give the World War 2 FPS a good kick in the a**e. It would seem backwards to go quite literally back to World War 2 again.

But who knows maybe it's just rumour?
Wed 04/06/08 at 16:23
"keep a rockin'"
Some info i have found about the call of duty 5 game that is set to be released along side a new guitar hero 4...

treyarch this time is said to be the developer of the game which apparently mike griffin ( CEO of activision ) has claimed that it will be coming to ps3, xbox 360, PC and DS, and also coming back to the ps2 and wii.

The biggest part of information i know is that it is set to be back in World War 2 in the pacific. but then again these could all be rumours and nothing but true.

I'm not too keen on the ww2 part, its like taking one step forward two steps back :( i was hoping for a follow on from Cod4. perhaps soap being the captain leading his own group of men through dangerous missions?

it is said though that COD5 will be using the same game engine as COD4 again.

We are still riding high on COD4 and a sudden realise of a new one would mean bad news in my books but then again I'm no Master of the gaming world.

Anything you know about it let us know ! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.