GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ADSL Dilemma"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/08/02 at 20:12
Regular
After using your Freeola ADSL page to register my interest for ADSL (as my exchange is not enabled). I was pondering if there would be questionable legality in me going through my phone book and submitting details of random people in the village to achieve the trigger level of interest, and thus getting BT off their fat @rses and installing in my area.

A response will be appreciated.
Fri 16/08/02 at 20:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
After using your Freeola ADSL page to register my interest for ADSL (as my exchange is not enabled). I was pondering if there would be questionable legality in me going through my phone book and submitting details of random people in the village to achieve the trigger level of interest, and thus getting BT off their fat @rses and installing in my area.

A response will be appreciated.
Fri 16/08/02 at 20:45
good question. i was tempted to do this to get it enabled in my exchange where they have a trigger level of 400. i never got round to it though. any ideas freeola?
Fri 06/09/02 at 15:23
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Your problem is that when the trigger level is hit, BT come back to each of the service providers and ask us to turn the orders into successful pre-orders (i.e. with monies paid in advance). If we can't convert a good percentage over then the process fails :-(

Danny
Sat 07/09/02 at 00:10
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Meh, I have an NTL van right outside my house. Infact. Theres 2.

They can install NTL cable, for the channels, but not ADSL??!

THERE IS 2 DAMN VANS OUTSIDE MY HOUSE.

No Coverage? Oh please..

Ah well, 56kb 0wnz you all :oP
Sat 07/09/02 at 00:28
Regular
".......on the attac"
I don't mean to boast or anything but I get Blueyonder 1MB for £35 a month.

When you can download at 140k/s you aren't bitter.
Sat 07/09/02 at 01:14
Regular
"How Handy."
GasMask wrote:
> Meh, I have an NTL van right outside my house. Infact. Theres 2.
>
> They can install NTL cable, for the channels, but not ADSL??!
>
> THERE IS 2 DAMN VANS OUTSIDE MY HOUSE.
>
> No Coverage? Oh please..
>
> Ah well, 56kb 0wnz you all :oP

Well yes, NTL would have some slight problems with fitting ADSL...
Sat 07/09/02 at 02:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
GasMask wrote:
> Meh, I have an NTL van right outside my house. Infact. Theres 2.
>
> They can install NTL cable, for the channels, but not ADSL??!
>
> THERE IS 2 DAMN VANS OUTSIDE MY HOUSE.
>
> No Coverage? Oh please..
>
> Ah well, 56kb 0wnz you all :oP

Well, um, maybe it's because NTL don't install ADSL. In fact, they have very little to do with it at all. They are a cable company, quite seperate from BT's area of the telecomms market. In FACT, NTL cable is better than ADSL.

Also, this may come as a surprise, but NTL coverage isn't limited by how far their vans can drive...
Sat 07/09/02 at 13:49
Regular
"How Handy."
Turbonutter wrote:
>In FACT, NTL cable is
> better than ADSL.

Erm, it is?
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes, everyone says so.
Sat 07/09/02 at 17:15
Regular
"How Handy."
Like who? Why is it better?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.