GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Double Standards"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/08/02 at 00:06
Regular
After reading a line in the newspaper that was so hypocritical i had to laugh i decided to come up with a topic addressing some of the double standards in today's society and if anyone else would like to add some to the list go ahead. (btw the comment was about how the education was biased towards female learning and one female said why shouldn't they have the advantage. i couldn't help but think if it was other way around she'd be whining like god knows what)
anyway onto my list (i've added double standards from both sides so no feminist on here can call me a sexist pig)

Why is it men have to put the toilet seat down but women never have to put it up when they've finished?
Why is it alright in a fathers eyes for his 14 yr old son to have a girlfriend but not for his 14 year old daughter to have a boyfriend?
Why is it when a woman puts down men she's called a strong independant woman yet if a man puts down women he's called a chauvinistic pig?
Why is it if a man has many lovers he's called a stud yet if a woman has many lovers she's called a sl**?
Why is it if a man walks into a womens lav he's called a perv and swiftly arrested yet if a woman walks into a men's she's given a standing ovation? (obviously after the men have gone about their business first otherwise that'd be just messy)
Why is it alright for a woman to shout a suggestive comment to a man in the road yet if a man does the same thing to a good looking woman in the street the whole street just goes dead silent as if he'd just said he likes to dress in pink undies?

i could think of loads of others a few hours ago but going blank at minute. I'll add some more when they come to me. Maybe someone will add some i had thought of previously but just forgotten
Fri 16/08/02 at 00:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
After reading a line in the newspaper that was so hypocritical i had to laugh i decided to come up with a topic addressing some of the double standards in today's society and if anyone else would like to add some to the list go ahead. (btw the comment was about how the education was biased towards female learning and one female said why shouldn't they have the advantage. i couldn't help but think if it was other way around she'd be whining like god knows what)
anyway onto my list (i've added double standards from both sides so no feminist on here can call me a sexist pig)

Why is it men have to put the toilet seat down but women never have to put it up when they've finished?
Why is it alright in a fathers eyes for his 14 yr old son to have a girlfriend but not for his 14 year old daughter to have a boyfriend?
Why is it when a woman puts down men she's called a strong independant woman yet if a man puts down women he's called a chauvinistic pig?
Why is it if a man has many lovers he's called a stud yet if a woman has many lovers she's called a sl**?
Why is it if a man walks into a womens lav he's called a perv and swiftly arrested yet if a woman walks into a men's she's given a standing ovation? (obviously after the men have gone about their business first otherwise that'd be just messy)
Why is it alright for a woman to shout a suggestive comment to a man in the road yet if a man does the same thing to a good looking woman in the street the whole street just goes dead silent as if he'd just said he likes to dress in pink undies?

i could think of loads of others a few hours ago but going blank at minute. I'll add some more when they come to me. Maybe someone will add some i had thought of previously but just forgotten
Fri 16/08/02 at 09:52
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
lalakersrule wrote:
> (i've added double standards from both sides so no
> feminist on here can call me a sexist pig)
>

What feminist where *looks around*

:p
Fri 16/08/02 at 10:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
OOH there's one quick grab the net ...................... ok which funny man put a life size figure of germaine greer here?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.