GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" Religious Gaming"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/08/02 at 18:55
Regular
I was making a seemingly uneventful journey to the local town centre when I decided to have a quick sift through the radio stations. I clicked on Happy FM (Capital) and the old Alanis morisette lyrics beamed out. My initial reaction was “Gah turn that rubbish off.” But I let it play for a while, and soon came the chorus “What if god was one of us?” This got me thinking. Where are the Religious based games? Why aren’t there any? Well it’s my duty to suggest some ideas:

Jesus Christ in: Prophet under fire- Based on the mutliformat release James Bond in agent under fire, you basically fight, and dodge and manoeuvre you’re way through 12 levels until you get to the ultimate challenge of defeating King Herald. The weapons you use are pretty sparse, a wooden stick which is prone to breaking and a sheep to use as a shield and a form of defence. You’re main asset is the intelligence information you receive from god via Pigeon mail. The game is broken up into various missions, where you have to complete mission objectives along the way. The only problem is, Jesus doesn’t have the skills to chat up the women like Bond does. Mainly because if Mary finds out he’ll know he’s in for an earful when he gets home for his tea. The multiplayer aspect of the game is above average. Pick a prophet, God, King Herald or Abraham or any Religious figure from the past, and get ready for some intense FPS action! The “Golden Gun” of this game is “The Golden stick” Only awarded in exceptional circumstances. Expect a release around Christmas time to coincide with Jesus’ birthday.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Son of god- This highly acclaimed stealth-em-up see’s you take on the role of Noah, a hapless middle-age man struck down by seemingly endless rain. His main objective is to guide his multitude of animals through 8 tough levels, and eventually reach sunny Australia. Each level he encounters takes place in a different country, starting from rainy Grimsby, passing Eastern Europe and the Middle East on route to Australia. The main point of communication is by cell phone. Here’s an example of a call:

Noah: God?
God: yes?
Noah: You’re not god!?!?
God: Oh yes I am, you know what your problem is? You’re in denial
Noah: No, I’m not
God: I rest my case
Noah: Damn you’re too quick for me

As you can see these cell phone calls are not always on the subject of his mission……but it is helpful. When in other countries the main problem is, defeating the enemy. You have a small sack full of stones, this being the only form of defence you have got. So instead you have to use your following animals to your full advantage. Why not climb onto the Giraffe? Or hide in the panda’s fur? Son of god is all about using you’re initiative. EA are currently struggling to get a license for the game.

Wwe Smackdown: The Holy Scuffle- Tipped as the best in the Smackdown series so far, this instalment offers a unique insight into the religious leader’s qualities. Choose from Jesus (Christianity), The Buddha (Buddhism) or even Abraham (Judaism). Most matches are refereed to a strict standard by God himself, although he will get accused of being biased towards Jesus. The crowds favourite match the ladder matches are also included. A multitude of weapons are there to be discovered ranging from the less than glamorous sheep skin (freshly cut of course) to the highly acclaimed wodden stick. Fans will be disappointed that Jesus and Abraham have not allowed for their wives to be shown in the game. Ea commented that they will try and produce replicas. We’ll look forward to that. Here’s to a future bloodbath!
Thu 15/08/02 at 18:55
Regular
I was making a seemingly uneventful journey to the local town centre when I decided to have a quick sift through the radio stations. I clicked on Happy FM (Capital) and the old Alanis morisette lyrics beamed out. My initial reaction was “Gah turn that rubbish off.” But I let it play for a while, and soon came the chorus “What if god was one of us?” This got me thinking. Where are the Religious based games? Why aren’t there any? Well it’s my duty to suggest some ideas:

Jesus Christ in: Prophet under fire- Based on the mutliformat release James Bond in agent under fire, you basically fight, and dodge and manoeuvre you’re way through 12 levels until you get to the ultimate challenge of defeating King Herald. The weapons you use are pretty sparse, a wooden stick which is prone to breaking and a sheep to use as a shield and a form of defence. You’re main asset is the intelligence information you receive from god via Pigeon mail. The game is broken up into various missions, where you have to complete mission objectives along the way. The only problem is, Jesus doesn’t have the skills to chat up the women like Bond does. Mainly because if Mary finds out he’ll know he’s in for an earful when he gets home for his tea. The multiplayer aspect of the game is above average. Pick a prophet, God, King Herald or Abraham or any Religious figure from the past, and get ready for some intense FPS action! The “Golden Gun” of this game is “The Golden stick” Only awarded in exceptional circumstances. Expect a release around Christmas time to coincide with Jesus’ birthday.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Son of god- This highly acclaimed stealth-em-up see’s you take on the role of Noah, a hapless middle-age man struck down by seemingly endless rain. His main objective is to guide his multitude of animals through 8 tough levels, and eventually reach sunny Australia. Each level he encounters takes place in a different country, starting from rainy Grimsby, passing Eastern Europe and the Middle East on route to Australia. The main point of communication is by cell phone. Here’s an example of a call:

Noah: God?
God: yes?
Noah: You’re not god!?!?
God: Oh yes I am, you know what your problem is? You’re in denial
Noah: No, I’m not
God: I rest my case
Noah: Damn you’re too quick for me

As you can see these cell phone calls are not always on the subject of his mission……but it is helpful. When in other countries the main problem is, defeating the enemy. You have a small sack full of stones, this being the only form of defence you have got. So instead you have to use your following animals to your full advantage. Why not climb onto the Giraffe? Or hide in the panda’s fur? Son of god is all about using you’re initiative. EA are currently struggling to get a license for the game.

Wwe Smackdown: The Holy Scuffle- Tipped as the best in the Smackdown series so far, this instalment offers a unique insight into the religious leader’s qualities. Choose from Jesus (Christianity), The Buddha (Buddhism) or even Abraham (Judaism). Most matches are refereed to a strict standard by God himself, although he will get accused of being biased towards Jesus. The crowds favourite match the ladder matches are also included. A multitude of weapons are there to be discovered ranging from the less than glamorous sheep skin (freshly cut of course) to the highly acclaimed wodden stick. Fans will be disappointed that Jesus and Abraham have not allowed for their wives to be shown in the game. Ea commented that they will try and produce replicas. We’ll look forward to that. Here’s to a future bloodbath!
Thu 15/08/02 at 19:01
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
Ahaks Haks haks! Nice 1 Quinty, lurve your religous game ideas but it may be a little bit sensitive to the religous people don't ye think? Some people may even start dising you, you know, but I'm not gonna dis you okay, just B cool!
Thu 15/08/02 at 19:05
Regular
Heh, cheers mate, yeah i was a little a Apprehensive about posting this- sorry if i have offended any of you.
Thu 15/08/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
Quinty wrote:
> Heh, cheers mate, yeah i was a little a Apprehensive about posting
> this- sorry if i have offended any of you.

Yo, Yo, Yo,
That's Okay,
Bro!!
Thu 15/08/02 at 19:44
Regular
Dont take this the wrong way....are you a Yank?
Thu 15/08/02 at 19:50
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
Quinty wrote:
> Dont take this the wrong way....are you a Yank?

Eeeerrrrr....Ummmmm....What's a Yank?Some kinda religious person?
Thu 15/08/02 at 19:56
Regular
Yank = From the USA?
Thu 15/08/02 at 20:07
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
Quinty wrote:
> Yank = From the USA?

No, I live in England, but I come from dis country called Malaysia.
Thu 15/08/02 at 20:42
Regular
"Bobba you"
Great post mate.
Fri 16/08/02 at 09:28
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Hmmmm..

No I wont do lots of dissing cos it's not really that offensive.

Just might have to correct a few points.

Who is King Herald ? Do you by any chance mean Herod ? ..... Are you getting confused by singing to many rendtitions of Hark the Herald agents sing.

And Jesus's wife ?!?! It may have escaped your attention but he was not actually married. Mary was his mum......

That will do for now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.