GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Release dates, what a bunch of bananas!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/11/00 at 17:20
Regular
N64 owners like me, if you go to IGN 64 they have a list of games, that are bargains, the best to get this year and the best overall.
But many of them are not even here.

There's a countless number of them including some great games like: ExciteBike- out next year!, Battle Of Naboo- Out in US in dec 15th, out here next year sometime, Banjo Tooie- dogged with framerate problems so we do have an advantage of getting a better game, Indiana Jones and the infenal machine- will it ever get released here!
And that includes Pokemon Gold and Silver! It's so popular here, they still don't want to release it here at the same time, but why?
The same thing happens to the PS2 release date and the reluctance to make a solid GameCube release. !
But i hate to see games come out in America first, i want to get it the same time as those americans and not 5 months after!
Tue 21/11/00 at 15:55
Regular
Remember though, the Americans do have a lot more problems with framerate than we do.

I'm not sure why, but I think Dan_UK knows.
Mon 20/11/00 at 17:00
I really do agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only joking!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, really I agree 100% with you!!!!!!!!!!
Mon 20/11/00 at 15:47
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Speaking of release dates, my friend ordered a few games with his PS2 and it looks as though that Star Wars starfighter one has been put back. Wonder if PS2 owners are gonna be left waiting for that as long as long as Dreamcast owners have waited for the likes of Shenmue and MSR.

Mind you at least the wait for MSR and Shenmue has been worth it ;-)
Makes you laugh though, MSR was a game first advertised along with Ready 2 Rumble boxing. By the time it has come out, Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 has been released and its certainly no rushed out game.

Having lots of fun with R2R round 2 at the moment thanks to my cousins getting it for me :-)
Won't be able to play Shenmue and MSR till the end of January though cause I haven't got the spare cash to get them :-(
Mon 20/11/00 at 15:04
"possibly impossible"
Yep, US games definately work on a UK gameboy, which means I wouldn't have to wait for games if I could afford them in the first place. As for other consoles, the N64 has an addon called 'passport', the Dreamcast and Playstation both have the new Action Replay cheat cartridges, which all allow you to use import US or Jap games (but only if your TV is dual scan, i.e. 50/60khz.) Mine isn't, but as I said before, by the time I get the money for games they've already arrived in this country anyway!
Sun 19/11/00 at 21:44
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't like it when a good topic, which might have been done before or not, deterierates into one or two word messages.
Good idea about the GB, I didn't know that our GBs played US games, might try that soon.
If you want their games then buy a transfer pak, my mate had one but took a long time to get set up and the games weren't always reliable, you might aswell wait for them to get released here, the Amercians are our Guinepigs, they have the prototypes and then we get the new improved version, with hardly any bugs, sped up framerate and whatever, PDark wouldn't have been the same if it was slow, I'm glad the American's got rid of the face mapping. now we can have counter co-op a bit faster.
Sun 19/11/00 at 21:33
If you rely to my topic I will reply to yours!! OK?
Sun 19/11/00 at 21:30
Regular
Cos' i said so, so do it, or Grix and the guys will tell ye'!
Sun 19/11/00 at 21:28
Why?
Sun 19/11/00 at 21:21
Regular
New guy read the rules, in the newbies topic, i think it is.
Sun 19/11/00 at 21:19
Step into my office!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.