GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tekken Tag Tournament"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/11/00 at 15:24
Regular
It’s hard to describe the graphical leap between Tekken Tag Tournament in the arcade and on the Playstation2. While the quarter-munching version looks like your stock 32-bit game, the PS2 port is one of the most mind-numbingly beautiful games ever created. Each progressive demo made our jaws drop, and the latest display of Namco’s gameplay artistry is no exception.
While a good chunk of the Tekken staff was shifted onto the Ridge Racer V project to ensure its March 4th release date, it’s obvious that Tekken is getting very close. Almost all of the characters were present in the demo, and the new 3D backgrounds made our heads spin.

While the action still takes place on a flat 2D plane that stretches to infinity, there’s a huge amount of cool stuff going on behind the fighters at all times. In Xiaoyu’s stage, the action takes place in a schoolyard, with students leaping around enthusiastically in the background, and Eddy Gordo’s stage features a bunch of ruffians lounging about on wooden barrels. Anna’s dress subtly reflects light, volumetric fog seeps in through the cracks in a dojo’s walls, and snow flutters placidly in the winter forest stage. It’s eye-candy overload for sure.

Though Tekken Tag slipped from its March 4th release date to March 30th, it’s unquestionably going to be worth the wait.
I reckon this game will be completely class, blowing all other fighting games out of the water.
I think this will most certainly appear on my top 5 PS2 games list
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 18/11/00 at 15:24
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
It’s hard to describe the graphical leap between Tekken Tag Tournament in the arcade and on the Playstation2. While the quarter-munching version looks like your stock 32-bit game, the PS2 port is one of the most mind-numbingly beautiful games ever created. Each progressive demo made our jaws drop, and the latest display of Namco’s gameplay artistry is no exception.
While a good chunk of the Tekken staff was shifted onto the Ridge Racer V project to ensure its March 4th release date, it’s obvious that Tekken is getting very close. Almost all of the characters were present in the demo, and the new 3D backgrounds made our heads spin.

While the action still takes place on a flat 2D plane that stretches to infinity, there’s a huge amount of cool stuff going on behind the fighters at all times. In Xiaoyu’s stage, the action takes place in a schoolyard, with students leaping around enthusiastically in the background, and Eddy Gordo’s stage features a bunch of ruffians lounging about on wooden barrels. Anna’s dress subtly reflects light, volumetric fog seeps in through the cracks in a dojo’s walls, and snow flutters placidly in the winter forest stage. It’s eye-candy overload for sure.

Though Tekken Tag slipped from its March 4th release date to March 30th, it’s unquestionably going to be worth the wait.
I reckon this game will be completely class, blowing all other fighting games out of the water.
I think this will most certainly appear on my top 5 PS2 games list

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.