GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Page Manager request"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/06/08 at 17:30
Regular
When I add a new galleries to my site, I'd like the most recent to appear at the top of the menu bar (I have mine vertically on the left hand side). But when I create a page it automatically gets added to the bottom of the list, and I have to move it up one place at a time in the Page Manager. Could you add a "Move to top" button so I can jump it straight there in one go?

Cheers.
Fri 26/06/09 at 15:13
Regular
Cool, nice one!
Fri 26/06/09 at 14:39
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The next version of InstantPro allows you to drag a page up and down the list to change it's order. This should help with quick order changes and ordering on sites with a lot of pages. People here are just going through final testing of this.
Fri 26/06/09 at 13:55
Regular
Any news on this at all?
Mon 02/06/08 at 15:05
Regular
Fo my own personal needs moving the bottome page to the top and shifting the rest down would work. But allowing people to number them would give the most overall flexibility. This would allow big changes quickly if someone wanted to re order all their links, for example.
Mon 02/06/08 at 14:53
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
No you're not a numpty! That how it was intended to work.

Having just discussed this with my colleagues we're wondering whether this should be changed to either move the page to the top and shift all the other pages down or keep it as it is and provide order input boxes next to each page so you can quickly type in the order or do both of these.
This would then be similar to the image ordering used when editing the gallery.
What do you think?
Mon 02/06/08 at 14:07
Regular
Hello, cheers for the tip. I've tried that and while it works, it seems to swap the bottom page for the top page, rather than move the bottom to the top.

Am I just being a numpty?
Sun 01/06/08 at 21:41
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
No need for a move to top button.
When a page is created it is automatically put at the bottom. To move is straight to the top of the page directory simply click the down ordering arrow next to the bottom item and it will jump straight to the top, shifting all the other pages down.
Sun 01/06/08 at 17:30
Regular
When I add a new galleries to my site, I'd like the most recent to appear at the top of the menu bar (I have mine vertically on the left hand side). But when I create a page it automatically gets added to the bottom of the list, and I have to move it up one place at a time in the Page Manager. Could you add a "Move to top" button so I can jump it straight there in one go?

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.