GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rock Band [X360]"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rock Band'.
Fri 30/05/08 at 15:06
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Thu 05/06/08 at 12:16
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
pb: I can understand your wife's drum prohibition - they are loud as hell. The old lady that lives underneath us was not chuffed the night I got Rock Band... the bass pedal slams fairly hard against our carpetless flooring and the mad 'tapa tapa tapa' of the pads is extremely annoying, to say the least.

As far as I'm aware, the Activision / EA legal / driver shenaniganations have stopped the PS3 guitar working with Rock Band, which is utterly gash. Hopefully it'll be resolved by the time PS3 RB rolls around.

And cheers for the comment :)

Leutchyboy: It's pretty rubbish that the UK once again gets a shafting on the limited bundle front. Maybe time for an import?
Thu 05/06/08 at 11:51
Regular
phuzzy wrote:
> Some people seem to forget that up until Rock Band, it was
> Guitar Hero and, err, Guitar Hero. No vocals, or drums, or bass.
> So even though some of the peripherals are pricey, they are
> totally optional. Also, it seems people are implying that because
> the game has a multiplayer mode then you have to [I]have to

> play it multiplayer. In fact, the solo tours are accomplished in
> their own right, if not as socially stimulating. I didn't play GH
> multiplayer until number 3, and even then it was just for the
> co-op....
>
> As for a PS3 + MGS4 instead, I get that. Shame I'm absolutely
> gash at MGS games... :(
>
> EDIT: Well done on the win by the way :)
>
> Cheers! :D[/i]

I absolutely love MGS games, I'm a little disappointed however that UK won't be getting a special bundled edition of the console and game which looked extremely tempting to me, now it's just very tempting :(
Thu 05/06/08 at 09:53
"possibly impossible"
Nice review, well deserved GAD.

Can't remember if the PS3 Guitar Hero Guitar is compatible with Rock Band, otherwise I might be tempted by the solus version. The wife doesn't want the drums in the house though, even if I could afford them.
Wed 04/06/08 at 22:16
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
hippyman wrote:
> I already have the guitar from my Guitar Hero and to do the
> singing I use my 360 headset.

See, this is where Rock Band is pretty cool, peripheral wise. Yes, there is the drum kit shenanigans, but to be honest you can still have a great time with a guitar and vocals - and indeed, only shell out for the solus game.

Some people seem to forget that up until Rock Band, it was Guitar Hero and, err, Guitar Hero. No vocals, or drums, or bass. So even though some of the peripherals are pricey, they are totally optional. Also, it seems people are implying that because the game has a multiplayer mode then you have to have to play it multiplayer. In fact, the solo tours are accomplished in their own right, if not as socially stimulating. I didn't play GH multiplayer until number 3, and even then it was just for the co-op....

As for a PS3 + MGS4 instead, I get that. Shame I'm absolutely gash at MGS games... :(

> EDIT: Well done on the win by the way :)

Cheers! :D
Wed 04/06/08 at 18:36
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I already have the guitar from my Guitar Hero and to do the singing I use my 360 headset.

May buy yhe drum kit at a later date, but my mates already have one. We play online and all I paid was the £44.99 for the solus copy.

That may be the best option, providing you don't mind doing the singing (I couldn't sing before, but people tell me I've improved greatly)

EDIT: Well done on the win by the way :)
Wed 04/06/08 at 16:45
Regular
Hmm these types of games don't really appeal to me. It's like you'll need four people each time if you really want to enjoy the game. Plus as stated the price is mental and for me it's worth bearing in mind that the price represents a huge chunk of a Playstation 3 with the eminent release of Metal Gear Solid.... Which I am hugley hugely tempted to buy...
Sun 01/06/08 at 14:34
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Perhaps the most expensive single I've ever bought :D
Sun 01/06/08 at 01:20
Regular
"Mooching around"
At least we get Hysteria :)
Fri 30/05/08 at 15:06
Regular
"previously phuzzy."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.