GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mine is better than yours - Nah nah nah nah nahhh!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/08/02 at 15:04
Regular
What is it with some people? They come on here, they start topics, and they say 'such and such a console is better because it's got better graphics!' or 'this console is better than that because it's got such and such a game'. Can I just say:- WHAT A LOAD OF TRIPE!

First of all, I'm not trying to deny anyone out of their opinions. If you prefer one console to another, go for it, get the games, play it and if you want, tell the world about it! After all, it's even more fun when you can tell people about things, share the excitement and in turn, get more excitement from others.

Why is it, though, we get people judging consoles by the hardware and graphics. After all, the Nintendo 64 was better than the Playstation and look which one prevailed! Graphics aren't everything. Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 64 was one of the more popular titles on the Nintendo, yet if you take a look at the graphics, they're terrible! The game was fun to play and that's why it was popular - nothing to do with graphics. Sure, some games benefit with better graphics, but most games are just as good with a decent level of graphics as opposed to an excellent level of graphics.

"My console has Dolby 5.1 surround sound!" What do you want? A bloody medal? I couldn't care less what version sound my consoles have, providing they play sound. Sure, I personally prefer CD-quality music and clear sound effects, but I'm sure having the sound coming from your TV, coffee table and the other room isn't going to improve your gaming experience that much.

There are some features with consoles that do make them better. Having four controller ports instead of two is a hell of a lot better, and has been standard ever since the Nintendo 64. Sure, Sony seem to like making money out of multi-taps (which, although it doesn't make any difference really, is another idea copied from the Super Nintendo), but they really should consider having four ports on their next next-gen' console. Most people have a TV large enough to cope with up to four players simultaneously without anyone having problems seeing anyway, and being able to play with three other mates instead of one makes social gaming a lot more fun.

I just wish people would stop making stupid comparisons between consoles that don't actually make the consoles any better anyway. Sure, the X-box has a hard disk drive, the Playstation 2 has a DVD-drive, playable out of the box, and the GameCube has smaller discs, yet, those don't actually make the games any more fun to play! If anything, games were more fun when they were simple, like in the days of the Super Nintendo and MegaDrive!

Before anyone questions, the reason I posted this here is because I have noticed that more people are posting stupid "mine is better than yours" comments here, moreso than they are the Sony and Nintendo forums. Maybe those guilty of the above will read this, though it probably wont change them. They'll probably see the topic title and be ready for a console wars argument. If you're gonna play games - enjoy them, don't argue over them!
Mon 19/08/02 at 02:32
Regular
In light of recent events in this forum I think this topic needs a rather good popping.

Fanboys - READ.
Tue 13/08/02 at 22:24
Regular
Excuse me a minute whilst I copy and paste this to the Nintendo forum.
Tue 13/08/02 at 09:56
Regular
Edgy wrote:
>After all, the Nintendo 64 was better than the Playstation and look >which one prevailed! Graphics aren't everything.

Intresting post. When i used to own a playstation, i never thought of touching the N64 due to sony's media propaganda. But i do agree - The N64 was the better console as it released more of its nintendo franchise than the PSone's attempt at many movie/tv show lisences.

I hate these console wars topics, they seriously annoy me, mostly sony fanboys start them or the odd nint....
Mon 12/08/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Edgy wrote:
> I bet, as soon as the general maturity level rises in here, the Nintendo or Sony forum will go downhill lol.

The vast majority of Xbox Forums regulars are all very mature, intellegent posters and I always held the view that the Xbox forum was the most mature overall forum on this entire site.

The reason you may think this forum is immature is because it always contains threads like"xbox sucks" and "xbox Stinks" basicly console war topics. Xbox forums regualrs rarely start them, its just certain muppets(usually the stupid fanboy ninty that started it) always pop them back to the top, winding a people up in the process.
Mon 12/08/02 at 21:21
Regular
Edgy, half the fun of going to these forums is debating over which console is the best.

Although I do prefer the Gamecube, I also be very happy with the Xbox and PS2 and know that while the GC is best for me, it might not be for others.

But that doesn't mean I can't argue for the fun of it.
These sorts of arguements are good because they lead to a deeper understanding of the games inudustry in general as well as getting to know the strengths and weaknesses of the consoles better.

So yes, you're right, but don't expect us to stop the petty arguments! :-P
Mon 12/08/02 at 20:21
Regular
I bet, as soon as the general maturity level rises in here, the Nintendo or Sony forum will go downhill lol.
Mon 12/08/02 at 17:55
Regular
I wish I could say this will stop the console wars - but some people are just so ignorant they're blind. It's a great effort Edgy, and maybe if we keep it near the top, our forums will be less cluttered with fanboy related comments.
Mon 12/08/02 at 15:41
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
na sorry my post is better than yours
Mon 12/08/02 at 15:04
Regular
What is it with some people? They come on here, they start topics, and they say 'such and such a console is better because it's got better graphics!' or 'this console is better than that because it's got such and such a game'. Can I just say:- WHAT A LOAD OF TRIPE!

First of all, I'm not trying to deny anyone out of their opinions. If you prefer one console to another, go for it, get the games, play it and if you want, tell the world about it! After all, it's even more fun when you can tell people about things, share the excitement and in turn, get more excitement from others.

Why is it, though, we get people judging consoles by the hardware and graphics. After all, the Nintendo 64 was better than the Playstation and look which one prevailed! Graphics aren't everything. Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 64 was one of the more popular titles on the Nintendo, yet if you take a look at the graphics, they're terrible! The game was fun to play and that's why it was popular - nothing to do with graphics. Sure, some games benefit with better graphics, but most games are just as good with a decent level of graphics as opposed to an excellent level of graphics.

"My console has Dolby 5.1 surround sound!" What do you want? A bloody medal? I couldn't care less what version sound my consoles have, providing they play sound. Sure, I personally prefer CD-quality music and clear sound effects, but I'm sure having the sound coming from your TV, coffee table and the other room isn't going to improve your gaming experience that much.

There are some features with consoles that do make them better. Having four controller ports instead of two is a hell of a lot better, and has been standard ever since the Nintendo 64. Sure, Sony seem to like making money out of multi-taps (which, although it doesn't make any difference really, is another idea copied from the Super Nintendo), but they really should consider having four ports on their next next-gen' console. Most people have a TV large enough to cope with up to four players simultaneously without anyone having problems seeing anyway, and being able to play with three other mates instead of one makes social gaming a lot more fun.

I just wish people would stop making stupid comparisons between consoles that don't actually make the consoles any better anyway. Sure, the X-box has a hard disk drive, the Playstation 2 has a DVD-drive, playable out of the box, and the GameCube has smaller discs, yet, those don't actually make the games any more fun to play! If anything, games were more fun when they were simple, like in the days of the Super Nintendo and MegaDrive!

Before anyone questions, the reason I posted this here is because I have noticed that more people are posting stupid "mine is better than yours" comments here, moreso than they are the Sony and Nintendo forums. Maybe those guilty of the above will read this, though it probably wont change them. They'll probably see the topic title and be ready for a console wars argument. If you're gonna play games - enjoy them, don't argue over them!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.