GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Customization"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/08/02 at 12:07
Regular
Lots of people like to customize their cars to suit their tastes. Many do it because they want to look flash or simply because they want more power under the bonnet. But what happens if you don’t like the look of your console? What happens if you want to change its look? Well for Playstation 2 owners there is the limited edition coloured PS2’s, and for Game Cube owners you get a choice of purple or black. But that’s not enough. Read on to find out how you can customise your console to make it look the best in the world and give it that extra bite.

*PS2*

1) First get rid of that ridged disk tray. You want performance here! Replace it with a curved ended disk drive and it greatly reduces the air resistance and saves milliseconds on the time it takes for the tray to open and close! You will no longer waste valuable gaming time waiting for the tray to open.

2) You’ll just have to do something with that fan at the back. It whines. You want grunt! So you’ll need to remove the baffle. The baffle you say? Yes, PS2’s have them as well as cars. Take it out, or simply knock a hole in the space it rests and your PS2 will have more grunt than a pregnant pig on steroids.

3) Black. Nice for a home use, but it’s not exactly going to pull the chicks. So you need a paint job. How about a nice green and purple two-tone paint? Lovely. Finally your PS2 will have something else to get the birds interested, apart from Rayman.

4) You have your funky PS2, what about the controller? Well, hopefully you have sprayed it to match the console, but what about the analogue lights? Well why don’t you take a tip from boy racers and attach a very fetching light kit to the light. Nice.

*XBox*

1) Think of the Xbox as being the 18 Wheeler of the console world. It’s big and fast. So what does it need it need to show its speed? Flame style go faster stripes of course! All 18 Wheelers have them, and so does your Xbox now!

2) That Xbox logo in the middle…get rid. You need shine. A nice chrome lorry hubcap will fit nicely in that space and goes well with the rest of the décor.

3) Exhausts. It needs some. Fix some of those huge chrome ones to the side and your well away. No longer is your Xbox the Eddy Stobart of the console market. It has attitude!

4) We all know Xbox owners like to feel like they have power. So if you want to feel this, simply add an extra button to the controller that gives off a nice foghorn sound so you can feel the extreme power of Bill Gates!

*Game Cube*

1) Nintendo did a bit of a Subaru. Subaru, when designing the new Impreza clearly forgot that the Impreza is famous for it’s raw, fierce looks, clearly forgotten about in the newly rounded style Impreza. So, to make your Game Cube look raw and fierce, and not childish, simply look in any news paper from the past week and you can surely find a picture of John Terry. Stick his face on your console and there you go. Fierce.

2) Not only is the Game Cube too cute looking, it’s also kind of puny. The answer? A great big Whale Tail! It will add great amounts to the size and is oh so much easier to carry around now, due to it’s stream lined shape. It will also add to the down force meaning you wont need to worry about the console sliding off the table.

3) And what about the black plastic on top, it’s too dull. You need mirrored plastic. Not only is it rather stylish, it also means the Game Cube is the perfect console for the more vain gamer.

Thanks for reading,
Nath.
Mon 12/08/02 at 15:41
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> LOL, love the seal of approvement. Thanks :)

I have two, you see :D Although I've changed the link to the seal of perfection, so the other link won't work.

Good posts:
http://www.toms.area.btinternet.co.uk/good.jpg

Spammers:
http://www.toms.area.btinternet.co.uk/bad.jpg

:-)
Mon 12/08/02 at 15:41
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
OI stryke. Get in here.
This is proof why natbuc is more deserveable of eing notable than you.
Great post natbuc and i now see why you wanted to know what a baffle was.
Mon 12/08/02 at 14:57
Regular
"  "
LOL, love the seal of approvement. Thanks :)
Mon 12/08/02 at 14:45
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Tom's official seal of perfection:

http://www.toms.area.btinternet.co.uk/monk.jpg

Great post!
Mon 12/08/02 at 14:00
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Heh - " So you’ll need to remove the baffle " - Meh - ;-)

I see you have loads of time on your hands - fancy playing around with your consoles like that !

Personally I think I'll do a Snake stealth job and paint my PS2 white so it blends in with shelves that it is sitting on. Nicely camoflaged so when somebody comes in and turns the place over at least the PS2 will still be there when I get home !
Mon 12/08/02 at 12:25
Regular
LOL Good post i will go down to B&Q to get my nice green paint this afternoon cheers for the advice.
Mon 12/08/02 at 12:20
"For the horde!!!!"
i think i will leave my PS2 well alone. i would rather play on it than paint it
Mon 12/08/02 at 12:07
Regular
"  "
Lots of people like to customize their cars to suit their tastes. Many do it because they want to look flash or simply because they want more power under the bonnet. But what happens if you don’t like the look of your console? What happens if you want to change its look? Well for Playstation 2 owners there is the limited edition coloured PS2’s, and for Game Cube owners you get a choice of purple or black. But that’s not enough. Read on to find out how you can customise your console to make it look the best in the world and give it that extra bite.

*PS2*

1) First get rid of that ridged disk tray. You want performance here! Replace it with a curved ended disk drive and it greatly reduces the air resistance and saves milliseconds on the time it takes for the tray to open and close! You will no longer waste valuable gaming time waiting for the tray to open.

2) You’ll just have to do something with that fan at the back. It whines. You want grunt! So you’ll need to remove the baffle. The baffle you say? Yes, PS2’s have them as well as cars. Take it out, or simply knock a hole in the space it rests and your PS2 will have more grunt than a pregnant pig on steroids.

3) Black. Nice for a home use, but it’s not exactly going to pull the chicks. So you need a paint job. How about a nice green and purple two-tone paint? Lovely. Finally your PS2 will have something else to get the birds interested, apart from Rayman.

4) You have your funky PS2, what about the controller? Well, hopefully you have sprayed it to match the console, but what about the analogue lights? Well why don’t you take a tip from boy racers and attach a very fetching light kit to the light. Nice.

*XBox*

1) Think of the Xbox as being the 18 Wheeler of the console world. It’s big and fast. So what does it need it need to show its speed? Flame style go faster stripes of course! All 18 Wheelers have them, and so does your Xbox now!

2) That Xbox logo in the middle…get rid. You need shine. A nice chrome lorry hubcap will fit nicely in that space and goes well with the rest of the décor.

3) Exhausts. It needs some. Fix some of those huge chrome ones to the side and your well away. No longer is your Xbox the Eddy Stobart of the console market. It has attitude!

4) We all know Xbox owners like to feel like they have power. So if you want to feel this, simply add an extra button to the controller that gives off a nice foghorn sound so you can feel the extreme power of Bill Gates!

*Game Cube*

1) Nintendo did a bit of a Subaru. Subaru, when designing the new Impreza clearly forgot that the Impreza is famous for it’s raw, fierce looks, clearly forgotten about in the newly rounded style Impreza. So, to make your Game Cube look raw and fierce, and not childish, simply look in any news paper from the past week and you can surely find a picture of John Terry. Stick his face on your console and there you go. Fierce.

2) Not only is the Game Cube too cute looking, it’s also kind of puny. The answer? A great big Whale Tail! It will add great amounts to the size and is oh so much easier to carry around now, due to it’s stream lined shape. It will also add to the down force meaning you wont need to worry about the console sliding off the table.

3) And what about the black plastic on top, it’s too dull. You need mirrored plastic. Not only is it rather stylish, it also means the Game Cube is the perfect console for the more vain gamer.

Thanks for reading,
Nath.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.