GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games you want to see remade."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/11/00 at 17:01
Regular
Special Reserve did something like this ages ago, didn't they, as in a poll.

Anyway, what game do you want to be remade. As in old game sequel.

Suggestions: Green Beret, Dizzy, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe.

Any old game. I wouldn't mind seeing a new version of Skool Daze, as I was addicted to that game.

Still am, actually.
Mon 20/11/00 at 23:14
"possibly impossible"
I'd like to see a remake of the old 8-bit classic, Deactivators. The idea was to control 4 robots in buildings who had to get a ticking bomb to the ground lor without bashing it against the sides or floor of the building as they 'threw' it to each other.
It was a great game and I've still got the Spectrum tape it was on somewhere in the house!
Mon 20/11/00 at 22:44
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Wiz 'n' Liz, one of my previous posts just reminded me. Try getting a copy nowadays. Nigh on impossible. The most addictive, heart racing, blood pumping, fast action, platform/spell'em up ever devised on any console.
Mon 20/11/00 at 22:37
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
StarGlider

Now that takes me back
Mon 20/11/00 at 22:35
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'd like to see Nintendo create a new Metroid game :-)
Had so much fun playing the Super Nes version when it was out :-)
Mon 20/11/00 at 08:41
Regular
"not dead"
I'd like to see a game called 'Citadel' remade. I had it on the Acorn Electron. I'd also like to see the ideas from some of the old text adventures made into huge 3D RPG's. Therer was this one game 'Dodgy Geezers', in which you had just been released from prison. You had to get a gang together, and pull of the perfect crime. That would make a good game!
Sat 18/11/00 at 18:35
Regular
I completly forgot about Alex Kidd! That would be great, but it lives in 2d.

And Toejam and Earl. But there is something in development there...
Sat 18/11/00 at 17:42
Regular
"Whatever!"
Double Dragon would make a welcome return in the gaming world. They could take a look at Squaresoft's The Bouncer for inspiration and make it a totally 3-D roaming full interactive old fashioned beat em up.

Or R-Type, Alex Kidd and any of the WonderBoy games.
Sat 18/11/00 at 16:11
Regular
2160?

I'm glad everyones sticking to the topic. It's nice to have a converstation about games every now and again. :)

Damn you Edgy, I'm dieing to play A Link to The Past again now! :)

Time to get the emulator out again... :)
Sat 18/11/00 at 15:24
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
10802? strange title, it would be good, as you said it's better than any other boarding game out. better than twisted edge anyway, I was shocked with that.
Sat 18/11/00 at 14:49
I think his time on deadly fall is 1:07:65

Another good thing about 1080 is the fact that it's one of the first major boarding games, it was made by Shiguru Myamoto and it's the best boarding game cos it's easy to control, more realistic (apart from the penguin, panda and crystal/gold boarders.

It would be great if a sequel came out for the Gamecube!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.