GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHY ARE NINTENDO GETTING PLAYSTATION GAMES OTHER THAN ORIGINAL GAMES!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/08/02 at 14:03
Regular
Why are we getting playstation handy downs i think we should be making original games and not giving playstation money for their rubbsh games!
Sun 11/08/02 at 14:03
"OUCH! AAARGH!"
Why are we getting playstation handy downs i think we should be making original games and not giving playstation money for their rubbsh games!
Sun 11/08/02 at 14:35
"+ suspicious minds"
well, as far as i know, i am not giving sony, EA, or any other developers any money for old playstation handy downs. i dont really understand what the hell your talking about otherwise. please clarify.
Sun 11/08/02 at 14:37
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Is their really a point to this topic or is it just "spam central"??
Sun 11/08/02 at 14:40
"+ suspicious minds"
i am especially confused by what you said: 'we should be making original games'. do you mean sony or nintendo? please clarify.
Sun 11/08/02 at 15:08
Regular
Sony don't own the games they're multi format you nonce. Multi format games are all good, i'd rather be seeing totally original games but at the end of the day who am I to no want some of the best multi format games coming out for Gamecube.
Sun 11/08/02 at 15:14
Regular
"keep your receipt"
You don't have to buy PlayStation ports if you don't want to. Hopefully though these will not be just direct ports though, with some luck the developers will have added extras and made use of the GameCube's superior hardware.

Besides, if it's a good game that has made it across OK then why shouldn't I buy it? Put it this way, if developers want to port games like Tony Hawk's and Twin Calibur across then so be it. You moan that we're getting ports of PlayStation games, yet you don't want Rare to go multiformat. So make up your mind.

And generally these aren't just 'Ports'. Recent games such as Turok Evolution are being developed simultaneously for both PS2 and GameCube, possibly Xbox as well. The only reason that PS2 versions come out first is that the PS2 has a larger fan-base already installed so the developer can test the waters in an environment where they're unlikely to get stung as much.
Sun 11/08/02 at 18:32
Regular
So are you trying to say that the Playstation's games weren't original?

A port can still be an original title, as can a sequel.
Sun 11/08/02 at 19:23
Regular
I think the reason the N64 didn't sell as well as the PSOne was because the N64 didn't have much third party support. Now, Nintendo are really desparate to get that third party support they never had and try to achieve the success the PSOne had. However, I would prefer to see more Rare and Nintendo only games, like Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie, but games like that will be out soon, so it doesn't matter.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.