GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Really fed up at the moment."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/05/08 at 14:44
Regular
"I like turtles"
My wife and I were in the process of buying a house when the seller decided 2 weeks before the agreed date for exchanging contracts that the sale process was too stressful and pulled the house off the market.With surveyors costs,legal costs,mortgage set up fees,search fees etc.it has left us spending around £1800 for absolutely nothing.I found out a couple of days ago this seller had done exactly the same thing before (again 2 weeks before exchange date and with the same excuse).This practice should be logged on a register which flags up this kind of activity IMO.What was the point of paying for coal board,local government,land searches etc. whilst being unaware there was an increased risk of this happening ?.Apparently the would be seller is entitled to do this even in the 11th hour of the sale process.They have no legal obligation to reimburse the buyer for any of their costs.Surely this process needs looking at?.Apart from the huge amounts of time we invested in this phantom purchase,along with the stress it has caused us,we really are not in a position to lose this kind of money.Especially as there is currently nothing to prevent us being victims of this practice again.
Mon 26/05/08 at 14:44
Regular
"I like turtles"
My wife and I were in the process of buying a house when the seller decided 2 weeks before the agreed date for exchanging contracts that the sale process was too stressful and pulled the house off the market.With surveyors costs,legal costs,mortgage set up fees,search fees etc.it has left us spending around £1800 for absolutely nothing.I found out a couple of days ago this seller had done exactly the same thing before (again 2 weeks before exchange date and with the same excuse).This practice should be logged on a register which flags up this kind of activity IMO.What was the point of paying for coal board,local government,land searches etc. whilst being unaware there was an increased risk of this happening ?.Apparently the would be seller is entitled to do this even in the 11th hour of the sale process.They have no legal obligation to reimburse the buyer for any of their costs.Surely this process needs looking at?.Apart from the huge amounts of time we invested in this phantom purchase,along with the stress it has caused us,we really are not in a position to lose this kind of money.Especially as there is currently nothing to prevent us being victims of this practice again.
Mon 26/05/08 at 16:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
> My wife and I were in the process of buying a house when the
> seller decided 2 weeks before the agreed date for exchanging
> contracts that the sale process was too stressful and pulled the
> house off the market.With surveyors costs,legal costs,mortgage
> set up fees,search fees etc.it has left us spending around
> £1800 for absolutely nothing.I found out a couple of days
> ago this seller had done exactly the same thing before (again 2
> weeks before exchange date and with the same excuse)....

I don't know what to say to you, but you have my deepest sympathy for you present predicament. Surely something must be able to be done to prevent this 'seller' repeating their trick a third time. It's beyond me to see what they've gained from such a despicable act. Maybe the local estate agents could refuse their custom in the future - but that still doesn't help you :)
Mon 26/05/08 at 16:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Dragonlance wrote:
> Maybe the local estate agents could refuse their
> custom in the future - but that still doesn't help you :)

Not going to happen. Estate Agents are hardly going to turn down business.
I would look into legal action but that'd probably cost you more.
Mon 26/05/08 at 17:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nin wrote:

> Not going to happen. Estate Agents are hardly going to turn down
> business.

A suggestion only - however one seller is hardly going to give them enough to retire on by way of commission is it :)
Mon 26/05/08 at 17:36
Regular
I doubt they could turn it down, even if they wanted to. If an employee turns them down, they'll go to their manager. If the person in charge of a branch tells his staff not to deal with that customer, it'll just be reported to head office by the guy in question. And they're not gonna see it the same way
Mon 26/05/08 at 17:45
"possibly impossible"
Really hope something can be done, and hope you can somehow recoup your losses.
Mon 26/05/08 at 17:55
Regular
"I like turtles"
You're right.If the agent they used before declines any further business from them another one will take on the instruction anyway.Just extremely hacked off as we did everything decently and correctly only to be dumped on from a great height,and for what ?.Surely they must have incurred costs as well ?.It seems like a very expensive hobby they have got to me !.My mate did offer to wee through their letter box if it would make me feel better !!!.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Mon 26/05/08 at 18:41
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:

>Just extremely hacked off as we did everything decently
> and correctly only to be dumped on from a great height,and for
> what ?.Surely they must have incurred costs as well ?.It seems
> like a very expensive hobby they have got to me !.

Ok so 'blacklisting' a customer seems to be out - what about your local newspaper? Perhaps some sort of 'human-life' story, you know outlining your plight and disappointment, warning of possible 'future' incidents connected with the same seller - no names mind:)
Tue 27/05/08 at 17:04
Regular
"BLOODnTEARS"
tough luck man its life you can't always win
Tue 27/05/08 at 20:41
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hope it sorts itself out for you mate. I don't think I'd wish to be in that difficulty. The housing market is a huge minefield really! Not looking forward to looking into it myself.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.