GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows Xp - how do i make a boot disk?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/08/02 at 21:44
Regular
hi guys, i need to format my pc and i was wondering if anyone knew how to make a boot disk?
Wed 14/08/02 at 00:33
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
If you however do want to make a boot disk just put in the disk, right-click on it in My Computer and choose Format then choose Create an MS-DOS startup disk and format.
Mon 12/08/02 at 10:17
"Darkness, always"
why bother with a boot disk?

Just go into your BIOS and set your PC to boot from CD-ROM first.

Simple.
Sat 10/08/02 at 16:17
i have the home edition, but why would i want to pay someone in a shop to format it for me when i can do it for free from home? ive done it before, i just cant remember where i get the files for a boot disk from.
Sat 10/08/02 at 00:58
Regular
why make them when it will save time going the shop, anyway is your windows XP proffessional or home Edition?
Fri 09/08/02 at 21:44
hi guys, i need to format my pc and i was wondering if anyone knew how to make a boot disk?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.