GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life is precious..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/08/02 at 16:49
Regular
No I'm not going to go all soppy on you, I just want to say how precious life is, especially after what I've been through, which happens to be an awful lot.

Sit down children and listen to this lovely tale.

Well, where should I begin? I was only about 4 years old, playing football outside with my other little chums and suddenly I found the urge to chuck the ball up stupidly (like most kids do trying to make themselves look cute), but everything seemed to backfire once I noticed that the ball got stuck in a tree...a tree all on its own.

This didn't seem at all strange to me, I was only 4.

Once the ridiculous crying had sunk in, I was overcome with a huge amount of courage and determination to attempt to get the ball down from the tree. I could see it, but like a dwarf trying to stomp on the clutch of a car, I couldn't reach it. Then there it was, in the form of somewhat a revelation it seemed. There in front of me was rock. A decent sized rock, just big enough to strike the ball down and just light enough for my puny little arms to handle. I looked up, aimed and ... BLAST OFF! It felt so sweet and right at the time, but this feeling didn't last long. As my glittering eyes followed the stone up as quickly as possible I could see that it was going to hit the ball successfully, and it did. The ball dropped down, I picked it up and stood like a fool under the tree. Not knowing the law of gravity (what goes up must come down) I remained standing in the exact same spot that I threw the stone, but I wasn't standing for too long after this. Suddenly, I heard a rustle which seemed to be coming from the leaves of the tree, but before I had time to look up, or better even to move out of the way, this rock that seemed so friendly at first !slap-banged! right on my head and I fell to the deck harder and faster than Rick Waller's career.

"WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

You guessed it! My wailing of pain and suffering sounded nothing more to the neighbours than a chimpanzee who had just been shot in it left bum cheek. How charming, none of them came to the rescue of this poor child in agony, bleeding bucket fulls, but wait there WAS hope. As a blurry image I could see someone or someTHING (quite large) coming to the rescue. It was my Aunt Susan and she took good care of me. Then, after all this commotion and gathering of the nosy, but uncaring neighbours I was wooshed off to the hospital. This was all too much to handle for poor little me ... well that was until I got loads of chocolates and sweets and stuff. My head got stitched up and so did my brain. Being a competitive person I felt privileged in a way to have learnt the law of gravity before any of my classmates, but it wasn't in the best of ways. And whats more when people ask if I was dropped on my head when I was a kid I reply: "close enough".

Looking back at that experience of juvenile stupidity, I can't help but laugh and still my brother says to me: "If only we had a video camera we could've been £250 richer from You've Been Framed". Some people, but it's alright he's got a head like an F.A. Cup.

Time for a more recent experience. Two weeks ago, I left the house (the light DID hurt my eyes) to go to a football tournament. My Dad wouldn't give me a lift because he was in the middle of his 6-course meal he calls "Breakfast", so I had to catch a bus (as flaming usual)! Now, I'm not too fond of buses, bobbing up and down in my seat with a group of strangers who look like they've just fallen out the top branch of the ugly tree, so on my way to the bus stop I wasn't really looking forward to paying a grumpy bus driver my hard earned pocket money as well as looking like a loner on a bus. But did I have a choice? Did I squat!

After watching two of the same kind of buses go by in a different direction the bus finally turned up. And I was right, the bus driver was a right grumpy ...I got on anyway looked at which people I would have the glorious pleasure of sitting next to. Then I saw some little kids playing around, laughing and giggling at the front of the bus at it seemed like I had no room to pass. I payed myself on and made my way to the back of the bus. Not wanting to spoil their fun, I decided to go round the back of the yellow pole (where elderly seats are placed). I did this quickly so I didn't look like a complete plonker and everything seemed dandy. But oh no some big bodybuilder person who I'm guessing was the father of the kids decided to push me as I made my way around. I asked (nicely):

"What did you that for??"

He replied angrily, "Your bag hit me in the face you daft tw*t"

I, now turned angry said, "Alright man, calm down!"

But that was the wrong move me thinks. This huge man with a big puffed up jacket and a slighlty abnormal head got out of his seat as to say "Who the **** do you think you're talking to?", but instead he just looked at me like an angry bull charged up with testosterone. I, trying to look 'cool' because there were some pretty nice girls at the back decided to say nothing and made my way to a seat. But then I heard a couple of thumps, so I quickly turned around and I saw this bull charge at me! I was in total shock, but luckily an old man (well he had grey hair) held him back. I said sorry just to secure my safety, took a sigh of relief, let a few bricks lose and got a seat at the back of the bus. Shocked after this heated confrontation I felt humiliated, overpowered, but lucky to have not got a beating. I even started to have flashes of this man beating me up, after all he was about three times the size of me. Yes...and scared! He looked exactly like an ogre coming to think of it, who hadn't eaten for a while.

There have been loads of situations in my life where I've had what I see as lucky escapes. Some have been pretty darn stupid, some uneccessary and some have been flippin' scary. Don't worry, with all of these life-threatening situations has come some good as in sweets in hospital, breakfast in bed and my ridiculous showing off ego has totally disappeared!

Take care of yourself in this wicked world because you never know who the next lunatic in the most-wanted files will attack, I've already had my fair share.

Stay safe!

Thanks for Reading

PK
Fri 09/08/02 at 20:06
Regular
"always swirling"
M16 wrote:
> I know what you mean mate, I dropped my LAST rollo today... oh, how I
> cried!

there there. its ok. if you need someone to help you though it, we'll be here for you
Fri 09/08/02 at 19:41
Regular
Good post there posh kid, keep the good work coming.
Fri 09/08/02 at 18:05
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Good on ya, cookie!
Fri 09/08/02 at 18:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I know what you mean, when i got my minor operation a wek ago, i was filled with a hightened sense of mortality. These week i have eaten about 10 bits of fruit and went easy on the chocolate biscuits. Im living healthy now.
Fri 09/08/02 at 17:57
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
genesisofthesith wrote:
> And to make your scary bus experience look like a walk in the park, me
> and two friends of mine were in the city centre late at night when a
> group of drunken tramps decided to chase us. Ah, these are the moments
> that we are born for. Isnt life precious.

Were they chasing you or M16's rollo stuck to your foot?

:D
Fri 09/08/02 at 17:52
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
M16 wrote:
> I know what you mean mate, I dropped my LAST rollo today... oh, how I
> cried!

lol

It's just like giving away your last chewing gum ... so heartbraking.
Fri 09/08/02 at 17:18
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I know what you mean mate, I dropped my LAST rollo today... oh, how I cried!
Fri 09/08/02 at 17:14
"MMMMM, Chicken"
It seems that everything thats happened to you seems pretty tame, When I was about 10 or so (Year 5 in school) I was up a nearby field with a friend, and when I was leaving to go back home he threw a small metal hammer which was about 9" long, the hammer proceeded to land directly on top of my head splitting my scalp open and filling my hair with blood. Quite an achievement when you consider he was atleast 30 foot away. To this day he claims he called to me to catch it and take it home, but I still think he threw it for the hell of it.

Ive also been clonked on the head in a cornershop by an elderly shellshocked man with a walking stick, who the shopkeeper told me, must have mistaken me for one of the kids who were just teasing him.

And to make your scary bus experience look like a walk in the park, me and two friends of mine were in the city centre late at night when a group of drunken tramps decided to chase us. Ah, these are the moments that we are born for. Isnt life precious.
Fri 09/08/02 at 16:49
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
No I'm not going to go all soppy on you, I just want to say how precious life is, especially after what I've been through, which happens to be an awful lot.

Sit down children and listen to this lovely tale.

Well, where should I begin? I was only about 4 years old, playing football outside with my other little chums and suddenly I found the urge to chuck the ball up stupidly (like most kids do trying to make themselves look cute), but everything seemed to backfire once I noticed that the ball got stuck in a tree...a tree all on its own.

This didn't seem at all strange to me, I was only 4.

Once the ridiculous crying had sunk in, I was overcome with a huge amount of courage and determination to attempt to get the ball down from the tree. I could see it, but like a dwarf trying to stomp on the clutch of a car, I couldn't reach it. Then there it was, in the form of somewhat a revelation it seemed. There in front of me was rock. A decent sized rock, just big enough to strike the ball down and just light enough for my puny little arms to handle. I looked up, aimed and ... BLAST OFF! It felt so sweet and right at the time, but this feeling didn't last long. As my glittering eyes followed the stone up as quickly as possible I could see that it was going to hit the ball successfully, and it did. The ball dropped down, I picked it up and stood like a fool under the tree. Not knowing the law of gravity (what goes up must come down) I remained standing in the exact same spot that I threw the stone, but I wasn't standing for too long after this. Suddenly, I heard a rustle which seemed to be coming from the leaves of the tree, but before I had time to look up, or better even to move out of the way, this rock that seemed so friendly at first !slap-banged! right on my head and I fell to the deck harder and faster than Rick Waller's career.

"WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

You guessed it! My wailing of pain and suffering sounded nothing more to the neighbours than a chimpanzee who had just been shot in it left bum cheek. How charming, none of them came to the rescue of this poor child in agony, bleeding bucket fulls, but wait there WAS hope. As a blurry image I could see someone or someTHING (quite large) coming to the rescue. It was my Aunt Susan and she took good care of me. Then, after all this commotion and gathering of the nosy, but uncaring neighbours I was wooshed off to the hospital. This was all too much to handle for poor little me ... well that was until I got loads of chocolates and sweets and stuff. My head got stitched up and so did my brain. Being a competitive person I felt privileged in a way to have learnt the law of gravity before any of my classmates, but it wasn't in the best of ways. And whats more when people ask if I was dropped on my head when I was a kid I reply: "close enough".

Looking back at that experience of juvenile stupidity, I can't help but laugh and still my brother says to me: "If only we had a video camera we could've been £250 richer from You've Been Framed". Some people, but it's alright he's got a head like an F.A. Cup.

Time for a more recent experience. Two weeks ago, I left the house (the light DID hurt my eyes) to go to a football tournament. My Dad wouldn't give me a lift because he was in the middle of his 6-course meal he calls "Breakfast", so I had to catch a bus (as flaming usual)! Now, I'm not too fond of buses, bobbing up and down in my seat with a group of strangers who look like they've just fallen out the top branch of the ugly tree, so on my way to the bus stop I wasn't really looking forward to paying a grumpy bus driver my hard earned pocket money as well as looking like a loner on a bus. But did I have a choice? Did I squat!

After watching two of the same kind of buses go by in a different direction the bus finally turned up. And I was right, the bus driver was a right grumpy ...I got on anyway looked at which people I would have the glorious pleasure of sitting next to. Then I saw some little kids playing around, laughing and giggling at the front of the bus at it seemed like I had no room to pass. I payed myself on and made my way to the back of the bus. Not wanting to spoil their fun, I decided to go round the back of the yellow pole (where elderly seats are placed). I did this quickly so I didn't look like a complete plonker and everything seemed dandy. But oh no some big bodybuilder person who I'm guessing was the father of the kids decided to push me as I made my way around. I asked (nicely):

"What did you that for??"

He replied angrily, "Your bag hit me in the face you daft tw*t"

I, now turned angry said, "Alright man, calm down!"

But that was the wrong move me thinks. This huge man with a big puffed up jacket and a slighlty abnormal head got out of his seat as to say "Who the **** do you think you're talking to?", but instead he just looked at me like an angry bull charged up with testosterone. I, trying to look 'cool' because there were some pretty nice girls at the back decided to say nothing and made my way to a seat. But then I heard a couple of thumps, so I quickly turned around and I saw this bull charge at me! I was in total shock, but luckily an old man (well he had grey hair) held him back. I said sorry just to secure my safety, took a sigh of relief, let a few bricks lose and got a seat at the back of the bus. Shocked after this heated confrontation I felt humiliated, overpowered, but lucky to have not got a beating. I even started to have flashes of this man beating me up, after all he was about three times the size of me. Yes...and scared! He looked exactly like an ogre coming to think of it, who hadn't eaten for a while.

There have been loads of situations in my life where I've had what I see as lucky escapes. Some have been pretty darn stupid, some uneccessary and some have been flippin' scary. Don't worry, with all of these life-threatening situations has come some good as in sweets in hospital, breakfast in bed and my ridiculous showing off ego has totally disappeared!

Take care of yourself in this wicked world because you never know who the next lunatic in the most-wanted files will attack, I've already had my fair share.

Stay safe!

Thanks for Reading

PK

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.