GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An Interview With Mario"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/08/02 at 11:30
Regular
While I was in Japan, as you might have seen, I was lucky enough to get an exclusive interview with the amazing Doshin the Giant. Well my luck went from good to brilliant. I bumped into Mario! Well, not walking down the street, I actually bumped into Shiguru Miyamoto. He had heard about my interview with Doshin from the giant himself, and he wondered whether or not I wanted to interview Mario, his pride and joy. It's everyday you get the chance to interview the most famous plumber in the world, so I jumped at the chance!

On the day it was actually very nice, a sunny day to talk about a sunny game. But enough with the bad jokes, when I got to the 'secret location' where Mario was, secret because he was hiding until European release of Mario Sunshine, we started the interview very quickly. I didn't have very long but it was surely enough to interview Mario!

Me: First of all, Mario, hello.
Mario: I'm-a okay!

Me: Now, being cooped up in here like a chicken day and night mustn't be very nice. Are you as excited about the European release as much as the rest of Europe?
Mario: *laughs* Well you could-a say that. But I'm-a being taken care of very-a well here. My-a father, Miyamoto, has got the best cleaners, bodyguards and-a professional Twister teachers you could-a wish for! Although I'd obviously like to be-a with my-a father in his house, but with him having to train-a up Fox McCloud, Samus, Wario and brain eating demons for their solo outings in games like Wario World and Eternal Darkness, it's best for me to be here with-a my European release coming up and-a all.

Me: Now I understand if this is confidential, but why do you need to be here, isn't Doshin's European release before yours?
Mario: It's-a okay to ask. Well the reason-a is that Doshin is-a Giant! If anyone-a tries to-a kidnap him, he'll-a pound them into the ground! Mean while I'm a bit weaker than-a him. Okay, so I can-a save a Princess once in-a while, but against a gun, I'm-a useless. It's-a very unlikely this would happen, but-a if it did, my-a European release would-a be no more! It's actually-a the law that if-a game character's not-a there for his-a release, there won't-a be a release.

Me: Now I've heard that Mario Sunshine wasn't always going to like it is now, is this true?
Mario: How did-a you find that out! *chuckles* Well you're-a right, there was supposed to-a be two-a games. First of all-a my father thought of-a Luigi Moonlight. I-a told him Luigi needed more-a success, so he-a got it. It was going to-a be the same-a size as Mario 64. But when-a we told him that it-a would have ghosts in it, he said-a no! In-a short, Luigi is-a girl. He agreed to-a do it, as long as it-a was shorter, so we-a came up with-a Luigi's Mansion! Although it doesn't-a feature a Sunshine/Moonlight crossover, we're-a hoping to twist-a his arm. I'm-a not sure we will though, the first-a time he saw-a ghost, he-a started to cry! Maybe he could-a got a better game if was still-a girl, but who-a knows?

Me: I see you have a fascination with sports, you've done so many. Mario Golf, Mario Tennis and the latter, but which was you're favourite?
Mario: Although-a they've all-a been great to-a play and working on-a them was excellent, I'd have-to say that it's-a Mario Excitebike. It-a was quite a bad game, but there was a reason for it. None of-a us knew how to ride a motorbike! I-a was the only one who could properly drive the thing. Everyone-a else was-a rubbish. That's-a why it wasn't released over-a here. Wario was-a too fat, Luigi demanded-a pink bike, although Peach had-a the last one. It-a was a bit of-a mess really *laughs*, but it-a was fun.

Me: What about if there was any other sport you could work on?
Mario: It would-a have to be parachute-a jumping. The Paratroopers have-a told me it's-a great, so why-a not? If there was-a game like-a this, maybe it could-a be me versus the Paratroopers, I hope you're-a reading this Miyamoto! *laughs* But seriously, it-a would be a fun-a experience because I've-a never done it-a before.

Me: What about your top 3 games?
Mario: Fist of all, Yoshi's Island, although I-a was a baby and Nintendo didn't-a bring it out until I was-a older, it's-a what started me off into the role of gaming. They-a also made the colourful-a set for me! I'd-a cry if it wasn't there! My second favourite would-a have to be-a Smash Bros. Melee. It-a was so-a funny! Donkey Kong had to act so much because he-a was the strongest, it was-a hard with-a Mr. Game & Watch though, he couldn't-a talk! Doshin will have to act a lot in the next Smash Bros. Ooops! My third and final would-a have to be Mario 64. All-a the slides I got to go-a down rules! I'll-a never forget-a it!

Me: Well, I guess this is bye Mario!
Mario: Good-a bye, nice to-a have you.

Thanks for reading

RiCkOsS
Fri 09/08/02 at 18:10
Regular
"One More Chance"
So that's the 5 minus the 4.5 equals the 10 minus the 3 then add the 9 and carry the 1....Erm......5 hours?
Fri 09/08/02 at 18:05
Regular
Yeah, but take away 4 and a half hours. :-D
Fri 09/08/02 at 17:52
Regular
"One More Chance"
Great post Rickoss, rather funny. How long did it take you? 5 hours? ;)
Fri 09/08/02 at 15:27
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Great post Rickoss, quite funny too!

:D
Fri 09/08/02 at 14:31
Regular
Cheers people :-)
Fri 09/08/02 at 14:28
Regular
"bit of a brain"
bon
Fri 09/08/02 at 14:26
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
That was sweet like chocolate.

Good post.
Fri 09/08/02 at 14:13
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Very nice post there Rickoss, keep it up bud (the posts that is). :D
Fri 09/08/02 at 13:11
Regular
Brilliant post, keep up the good work.
Fri 09/08/02 at 13:10
Regular
It's a lie! I met him, how else would i know about all this, he's not allowed to talk about it because, it's a surprise! Or maybe he's been taken over by an evil *thing*.

Em, so, yeh, I win *runs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.