GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Things are pretty rough for Americans right now"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/08 at 15:04
Regular
BBC Video

The oil prices are going up and this garage owner is charging a whopping $4.15 a gallon. The thing is, the prices on his pumps (made in the 90ies) only go as high as $3.99
Tue 27/05/08 at 16:09
Regular
Hippyman wrote:
>I laughed at the Americans when I was visiting last year. They were >complaining about the prices rising by half a cent over a two week >period.

>Around here, you'd think the pumps were displaying the date for how >frequently they go up. It was £1.16 a litre the other day (approx >$2.30...yet they can get a gallon for just double that {yes, they have a >different measurement of a gallon to us, but still)).

But it's all equvilant, Say we get paid £5.95 hr for a supervisor job, they would get $5.95 hr for the same thing. Because the way the exchange works out, we have more money when we go over there but, if we don't go over there we have the same. It's just that our currentcy is worth more than theirs.
It doesn't matter if the exchange rate was £1/$100, in the seperate countries the figures we pay for basic things are identical. For example a packet of biscuits here, £0.50, over there $0.50 were still paying the equvilant for the products. Same with bigger thing's like car's, £13,000 for a brand new hatchback, and in the U.S $13,000 for the same thing. Were not better off than they are until we go and visit their country. So i suppose we're in the same boat as they are. I just hope it's a big boat...
Mon 26/05/08 at 19:33
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I laughed at the Americans when I was visiting last year. They were complaining about the prices rising by half a cent over a two week period.

Around here, you'd think the pumps were displaying the date for how frequently they go up. It was £1.16 a litre the other day (approx $2.30...yet they can get a gallon for just double that {yes, they have a different measurement of a gallon to us, but still)).

About the dials not going up high enough, didn't we have a similar problem recently? Noticed a lot of price boards changed to display 4 digits instead of the usual 3.
Fri 23/05/08 at 16:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Machie wrote:
> I don't drive, so I'm not sure how much we're paying for petrol.
> Though I think it's a little bit more than £2.09 a gallon.

Good job you don't...it's anywhere between £4.72 and £5.00 a gallon
Fri 23/05/08 at 15:52
Regular
I don't drive, so I'm not sure how much we're paying for petrol. Though I think it's a little bit more than £2.09 a gallon.
Fri 23/05/08 at 15:04
Regular
BBC Video

The oil prices are going up and this garage owner is charging a whopping $4.15 a gallon. The thing is, the prices on his pumps (made in the 90ies) only go as high as $3.99

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.