GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye Bye Shops"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/08/02 at 22:20
Regular
A few weeks ago I awoke to another fine Scottish Summer morning with plenty of rain. I dragged my body out of bed and went through the usual morning program of washing, dressing and eating.

I sat down prepared for another thrilling day of doing nothing, it was the holidays of course. I picked up the post and flipped through the white envelopes:

My bank statement of £18.36.
Safeway Sales leaflet, including half-price ice tea.
Some Telewest letters for my parents.

I was preparing my plan for buying £18 of ice tea when one of the Telewest letters caught my eye. It was a bullet with BROADBAND in large letters, so I opened it because I wasn't waiting for parents to come home.

And so the new plan was born to convince parents to pay out for broadband... surprisngly they agreed without me asking them which I found scary considering they hardly use the net.

All I had to pay was putting up with some fat Telewest bloke drilling holes in my room... I even had to make him tea.

Anyway it was done and dusted I hate BROADBAND... Hurrah... I could download music at up to 100 times faster than before. Well I could but I messed it up in the first day would you believe. I deleted software by mistake so spend ages fixing it, which I did because I'm the best.

Well that long story was how I got broadband, that morning I woke up could just be a normal day and most definately was but could it have heralded the day of downloading games instead of buying them in shops? Well... I suppose it might.

Since I had it installed I've been able to download hundreds of songs, only taking about 2 minutes for one song. In this I also risked downloading 'free' games... which was going well for a while until I downloaded virus... so moving on from that I was able to download game in a matter of minutes.

Could this way be the future of buying games? Gone with the practice of buying software from such good places as Special Reserve and other poor shops (hehe) but now these retails would need to move to the net and establish downloadable services for people to purchase games.

Well after writing this I've realised many flaws in this such as:

Not everybody has the internet
Harder if you have consoles
Shops would probably object to it
You'd need credit cards and many gamers are children
It would make gamers more lazy than before

So that is my future of gaming and goodnight.
Fri 09/08/02 at 20:10
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Soon enough it'll become the norm to have Broadband.
How many years now to that stage? 2? maybe 3?
Fri 09/08/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
No, that's you.

Tsk Tsk
Fri 09/08/02 at 19:05
Regular
That sounds gay. Bet you shop in Topman.
Fri 09/08/02 at 18:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
*strokes Motorola broadband box thing*
Fri 09/08/02 at 17:47
Regular
A serious topic, from Sheepy? I'm shocked.

But yeah, I want broadband, got 56k, yadda yadda.
Fri 09/08/02 at 15:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've never really thought that a Cable-connection is all that neccesary unless you either play games on-line or like to downloand EVERYTHING you see - like music and games.

I don't do stuff like that - not anymore because 56k's too bloody slow!
I used to download music and stuff, but I soon got fed-up.
I think 56k's ok for using forums or stuff though... and apparently these ones aren't a lot faster with cable.

But if I could get it in my area then I would.
I probably can - there's an airport across the road and they must have it...
Fri 09/08/02 at 15:10
Regular
"That's right!"
*kisses cable box*

We've had it for a while now, can't remember how long, but it rules. Almost as much as me ;)
Fri 09/08/02 at 01:23
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Sibs wrote:
> *sniff, sniff*
>
> I want broadband... or ADSL... or something fast anyway...
>
> *sniff, sniff*

So do I Sibs.

So do I.
Fri 09/08/02 at 00:59
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
*sniff, sniff*

I want broadband... or ADSL... or something fast anyway...

*sniff, sniff*
Fri 09/08/02 at 00:03
Regular
"everyone says it"
DSL is better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.