GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"do cheats make u a rubbish game player?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/08/02 at 21:23
Regular
when i woz uzin cheats on age of empires 2 my "mates" told me that if i used cheats i sucked big time and that cheats suck!
Thu 08/08/02 at 21:23
when i woz uzin cheats on age of empires 2 my "mates" told me that if i used cheats i sucked big time and that cheats suck!
Sun 22/09/02 at 14:34
Regular
It depends. If you complete a game yourself then do it again with infinite ammo, that is just making i more fun. Also, some of GTA3's cheats make the game almost impossible. Try 'Crazy pedestrians' to see what i mean.
Tue 24/09/02 at 18:08
Regular
"-_-"
I've got age of empires two and it's probably more fun when you use cheats so you can killl all those little annoying villages thattamper with my plans for world domination and build houses near my town BWAHAHA..HA.H.A..hah ha nuff said
Wed 25/12/02 at 16:58
Regular
"I see you"
If you use cheats to primarily complete the game then you suck big time but if you use them for a laugh like to get big heads or tiny characters i guess thats fine but god modes and invinciblitie cheats are just plain old cheating. After completing Jedi Outcast i decided to use the cheats and with the g_saberrealisticcombat cheat on you can chop hands, legs, feet, heads and the whole torso off. Nice!
Sun 29/12/02 at 11:03
Regular
"The World is Dead"
It really depends on how you like to play. If you play games just for a random high then using the cheats and completing the game is ok. But if you like playing serious and harder games then it really does suck. i suggest you do one game with and one without cheats.

With gta3 i completed the game with cheats and then without the cheats version was a lot of fun where as the non-cheating game required some good old fashion thinking and also a lot of redoing missions because i messed up.

I like playing the sims but if you don't like waiting a long time to build up your person and there house cheating just skips out the bit between you getting rich and strong. to be honest I have a lot of cheat goes on the sims to make show houses and stuff. Because I like the house design aspect of the game and if you canmake a really nice looking house you can feel really proud with yourself whereas if you don't cheat you get quite deppressed going through the same moves everyday to get rich. plus your sims are completely helpless without you. I think there should be an automatic mode so that you can leave the game and go out with friends snd come back to a sim which is doing everything for himself then you turn the auto mode off and start having some fun.
Sun 29/12/02 at 12:32
Regular
"I see you"
Pheat wrote:
> With gta3 i completed the game with cheats and then without the cheats
> version was a lot of fun where as the non-cheating game required some
> good old fashion thinking and also a lot of redoing missions because i
> messed up.

Thats why using cheats make you rubbish because it takes away all your options to think your way through a situation. You also gave an example of re-doing missions exactly you re-do them till you get it right or think of another way to do it, if you used something like god mode then you'd not have the opportunity to that.
Fri 10/01/03 at 21:39
Regular
"The World is Dead"
I suppose so. I was trying to distinquish the two types of gamer.
Fri 10/01/03 at 22:09
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Using cheats gives you an entirely different game experience though. You shouldn't consider it 'bad', it just depends what you want from the game, as Pheat said.

If you can't get anywhere without cheats, then yes you suck at that game. If on the other hand, you don't try playing seriously without cheats, or you can do it all without cheats, then no you don't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.