GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Annoying little things..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/08 at 11:28
Regular
I was playing G.R.A.W the other day on hard, as you do, and i realised something, you don't unlock the achievements for the easy campaign as well as the hard ones. I was hoping that i would unlock both sets of achievements in one go, to boost my gamer score higher. It works on various other games including, the Call of Duty series, Halo 3, and Rainbow six Vegas, another Tom Clancy game.
This annoyed me intensely because it now means i've got to go back and do it on easy after i've stayed up day's at a time and starved myself thin just trying to get past a certain bit on hard ( i may have exaggerated i tiny bit ). In real life i can only actually play it in half an hour bursts because it gets so frustrating when you keep dying every thirty seconds and only progress one save point every hour or so. As you can tell this makes for very slow progress and seeing as i get bored and distracted easily this doesn't help me want to play the game.

Does anyone else get annoyed by other little things while playing games?
Mon 26/05/08 at 18:44
Regular
Kawada wrote:

> I also hate invisible walls, it's even worse on stuff within the
> map that should easily be climbable or to vault over but
> apparently the character has the agility of a dead man and so you
> have to go all around the place just to get to somewhere you
> should have easily been able to access in the first place.

I feel your pain Kawada. What i also hate is when your taking cover behind something and the "invisible walls" of the cover, say the gap in between tank tracks, stops you from firng at the enemy because it apparently strikes the tank. You can alway's tell if this is happening because you see the orange sparks, or little chips if it's a wall, or puffs of dirt if it's the ground. This lazyness by the programmers really dampens the games in question, basicly if you think you can get a crafty shot, think again, you'd better reposition yourself and be sure to get the shot.

We should probably put together a new thread of annoying things and where abouts in the games they are.
Mon 26/05/08 at 14:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ah i do really hate those "protect NPC" missions mainly because the AI of them is so terrible.

Oh there's only one group of enemies it should be real easy to protect...........oh great run right out into the open in the middle of them, that's clever.

I also hate invisible walls, it's even worse on stuff within the map that should easily be climbable or to vault over but apparently the character has the agility of a dead man and so you have to go all around the place just to get to somewhere you should have easily been able to access in the first place.
Sun 25/05/08 at 15:20
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Luetchyboy wrote:
> For example I am currently playing GTA (like i'm the only one)
> and I am on the three leaf clover misson where you have to do
> some things with 2 AI characters. Not really struggling with the
> mission itself but come certain points the AI will do something
> incredibly stupid such as stop moving so I can't progress on in
> the mission. Leaving me no option but to restart. ARGH.

On that mission, kill the opponents with the red arrows above their heads only (saves time) and then the AI progress further into the mission. May help if you buy some body armour first from a weapons shop. Worth completing the mission in the end...well worth it $$$$!
Fri 23/05/08 at 17:37
Regular
oh i know what you mean. I got the same problems on COD4. You complete the whole mission bar a few seconds and out of nowhere " mission failed: friendly fire will not be tollerated!". You can unload a whole mag into them and they don't die yet when it's important it only takes one round...

Almost as bad is when you have to protect the AI character so they stand out in the open. You tell them to hold behind a wall bu they still choose to stand out in the open. I don't trust them anymore, i go back half the level and make sure they are well out of harms way. :)
Fri 23/05/08 at 12:18
Regular
Most annoying thing for me in a game is stupid AI, nothing is more infuriating than playing through a game and then finding that you fail or lose or die because the AI is quite frankly stupid.

For example I am currently playing GTA (like i'm the only one) and I am on the three leaf clover misson where you have to do some things with 2 AI characters. Not really struggling with the mission itself but come certain points the AI will do something incredibly stupid such as stop moving so I can't progress on in the mission. Leaving me no option but to restart. ARGH.
Fri 23/05/08 at 11:28
Regular
I was playing G.R.A.W the other day on hard, as you do, and i realised something, you don't unlock the achievements for the easy campaign as well as the hard ones. I was hoping that i would unlock both sets of achievements in one go, to boost my gamer score higher. It works on various other games including, the Call of Duty series, Halo 3, and Rainbow six Vegas, another Tom Clancy game.
This annoyed me intensely because it now means i've got to go back and do it on easy after i've stayed up day's at a time and starved myself thin just trying to get past a certain bit on hard ( i may have exaggerated i tiny bit ). In real life i can only actually play it in half an hour bursts because it gets so frustrating when you keep dying every thirty seconds and only progress one save point every hour or so. As you can tell this makes for very slow progress and seeing as i get bored and distracted easily this doesn't help me want to play the game.

Does anyone else get annoyed by other little things while playing games?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.