GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pet Peeves"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/09/06 at 15:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Talking about the cramping in the New York flight thread got me thinking about things that annoy me (and there's alot :-D) so thought i'd create a thread for everyone to list their pet peeves and have a bit of a rant and get some good healthy anger out. Here are a few of mine:

Not enough leg room - Whether it be on planes or buses or any public transport there just isn't enough leg room for tall people like me. (Heck even on buses there's not enough head room) Soon as i sit down i have to move a little sideways so my legs are diagonal and my knees fit into the little joins of the seats infront and it's still pretty uncomfortable. I know why companies build the transport for average people (get more seats per transport = more money) but still it'd be nice if they bothered to start making some for the lanky people like myself, we're people to you know.

Taking me nicely onto my next peeve - People who sit next to you when there's plenty of seats available - Now i love my personal space, i hate when people are up on me (unless it's a beautiful girl) and are invading it. Now it's bad enough i'm already uncomfortable sitting on whatever transport i'm using but then when i get some schmuck plonk themselves down next to me when there's a good 5 or so seats available fully open with no one else sat on them in that row then that really gets on my nerves. I'll also include the pool thing i experienced on Monday in this group as well when me and my mate were playing and then some idiots decide, with about 10 free tables elsewhere, they want to play on the table right next to us, meaning we have to wait to take our shots while they're in the way and all that nonsense.

Political Correctness - Now maybe it's just because i'm from New York where we always speak our minds and don't care who hears or gets offended by it but this really p***es me off. This has done more harm for racial relations then anything the KKK, Black Panthers, BNP etc could ever hope to do. You start telling people that they cannot do things they've done all their lives because some other people will get offended by it (which they don't by the way, it's just some upper class middle aged white people in shiny offices deciding what other groups find offensive) then that will start to breed resentment and create problems where otherwise there wouldn't have been at all.
Then there's also positive discrimination which fits nicely into this category where some people, somewhere, some time ago decided *Hey Racism and Sexism is alright, just as long as it's to white men* Sorry but you can sugarcoat it and give it a fancy name all you want, positive discrimination is just a fancy, non-threatening word for Racism and Sexism. If i'm running a business i want the very best people i can get, the most experienced and the most qualified, now if that means i end up with a workforce full of White men, or Black Women etc then so fudging what? I'm running a business to make money i don't want to hire some incompetent fool just because they're a certain colour and if i didn't my company is seen as racist, screw that.

People who run the light on Amber and then take their sweet time to get across the road and by the time they do the traffic is coming the other way making me wait some more - Had this happen to me twice in two days now, they speed up to avoid the red light and then take their sweet fricking time getting over so when i try to cross the road as they go by i can't because it's all coming the other way. If you're going to cut a light then keep your speed up and move it instead of doddering across the road, twits.

Cyclists on pavements - Or more so those idiots who get in your way and then look at you like it's your fault and you're scum. Yea douchebags you shouldn't even be on the pavement anyway so keep your dirty looks to yourself, muppets.

Council Tax - Now i have no problem paying for this if i actually get value for money and quite frankly you don't. We get our bins emptied once every fortnight, the roads are always filthy, the only police presence we have is one cop car zooming by the area at that crime hot spot of 5 in the morning every month or so and there's always broken things on the streets that are never fixed (unless it's a speed trap in which case that bad boy is fixed the very next day)

Mothers with prams - Anyone else been in town and viciously had their toes run over and their shins rammed by these idiot mothers using their babies as weapons and a ticket for right of way? You virtually have to dive out the way of some of them as they don't even motion to move out the way, they've got a pram, you haven't so they're going to win so you better get out the way or get your toes crunched.

People who wear New York Yankees baseball caps - For some reason this really does annoy me, fair enough if they follow the sport then wear it all you like but i hate those people who wear it and don't even follow the game (and probably call it stupid and rounders, gah) One of these days i'll stop someone wearing it and ask them to name the Yankees rotation or its bullpen or the starting 9, they probably won't even know what the heck i'm on about let alone be able to name the players in it. Pah

Licence Fee - Why the heck you have to pay to have a licence for a tv alone is stupid, do you need one for a DVD player? A games console? A stereo? Nope, so why the heck do you need one for a TV. Oh yes that's right, to pay for a useless, out of date pathetic piece of *bleep* organisation called the BBC. I don't watch it, i haven't watched it for about 5 years so why on earth i should have to pay to subsidise it is beyond me. To make it even worse, they have plenty of adverts and product placement and make plenty of money off other ventures anyway. Either scrap the fee or give people the option of paying it and if they don't then they don't get the BBC channels, my god what a loss that would be.

Well that's me done for now, i'm sure plenty more will come to me, get going with your lists :-D
Sun 12/11/06 at 09:04
Regular
lol that's a good one Very_Metal.

Yeah I hate it when they increase the volume for adverts because then you have to turn it down and then back up again, which is annoying. Perhaps it's their way to get you to stay there and watch the adverts and not because you've popped into the kitchen.
Sun 12/11/06 at 02:36
Regular
"you've got a beard"
ooooh i`ve got one. people who pay to get into events, only to take the p**s or sit/stand there pretending they`re too cool to be there in the first place.

honestly, what IS the point? i`m legit curious.
Sun 12/11/06 at 00:35
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Borat wrote:

> Adverts that they put on louder than the film, so when an ad
> break comes up you have to turn the tv down, then back up when
> the film comes back on.

Sky are bad for doing that :(
Fri 10/11/06 at 00:04
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> People who say 'excuse me' when they sneeze
>
> People who yawn and do not put their hand over their mouths

so you moan about one implentation of etiquette, then condemn a lack of it.

at least be consistent :P
Thu 09/11/06 at 20:36
Regular
Smedlos wrote:
> When you're abroad and every bar you pass has some idiot outside
> trying to grab you to get you in for a drink.

I hear that ...

Adverts that they put on louder than the film, so when an ad break comes up you have to turn the tv down, then back up when the film comes back on.
Wed 08/11/06 at 13:45
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
When you're abroad and every bar you pass has some idiot outside trying to grab you to get you in for a drink.
Wed 08/11/06 at 13:40
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Cong Man wrote:
> Buses that are Supposed to run every ten minutes.
>
> Waiting fourty minutes for four to turn up at once is a joke. If
> it happened once, I'd be miffed, but it's now happened to me 4
> times in the last two weeks.
>
> Peterborough's bus service is officially rubbish. Never had this
> problem when I lived in Notts.

I'll have that one and add bus drivers who dont know a thing about their route, like the one i got last week. I was in an unknown area, asked him if he was going where i wanted, he said yes, he lied.

I'll also add

People who serve hot food on cold plates.
Wed 08/11/06 at 13:37
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
snake11 wrote:
> Ineedsleep wrote:
> People who say 'excuse me' when they sneeze
>
> I don't really understand that one, its just good manners.
> I think. I never say it but I'm pretty sure its good manners.:D

If you sneezed within my vicinity I would respond with 'bless you' (as I do to anyone who sneezes near me). If I sneeze I say 'bless me'.

If you burped or broke wind withing my vicinity and said 'excuse me' I may or may not do so :)

Ergo the irritation - we are, after all, listing Pet Peeves :)
Wed 08/11/06 at 12:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Machie wrote:
> I've always wanted one of those massages :)

You were in my thoughts when i posted that :-D

> Singapore Pet Peeve
> People handing out leaflets, sometimes you might walk past 7 of
> them on the way to their underground. You can just walk pass
> them but I keep saying "no thanks".

Yea had that lots to in China, either it'll be people handing out cheap airline fare cards or these women outside shops with an A4 laminated piece of paper advertising trainers or something and they'd start hitting you with it as you walk by as they say *You buy, you buy!!*
Wed 08/11/06 at 12:31
Regular
"..."
Buses that are Supposed to run every ten minutes.

Waiting fourty minutes for four to turn up at once is a joke. If it happened once, I'd be miffed, but it's now happened to me 4 times in the last two weeks.

Peterborough's bus service is officially rubbish. Never had this problem when I lived in Notts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.