GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My GBA's Nice, My GBA's Pretty But..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/08/02 at 10:14
Regular
There's no original stuff on it.

Ok, sorry, that didn't rhyme but I'm not here to be a MC.

I'm here to rantttttt! YEAHHHHH! I love ranting.

Erm...well...here's the deal dudes, I've got a holiday I'm going on to Greece on Saturday night and I'm going for 2 weeks. Now, this plce I'm going to is meant to be for Grannys and I think I'm right in sayign that. So, 2 weeks in this place isn't very good because I went somewhere last year for 2 weeks and was bored in the second.

So what will help me through boredom? Or just times when everyones sunbathing and not doing much at all?

My GBA, that's what.

But will it?

I mean, come on Nintendo, you're an original games company so why can't you put like some original stuff on this great little handheld instead of SNES ports. Ok, the SNES can be cool but it was years ago and I've played Mario to death. I can't keep playing Mario, I'll get bored and won't buy Mario Sunshine because of it. You can only have so much of that fat plumber.

Talking to Nintendo I was there, not you lot. Doubt they'll read it.

Anyway, so I was looking for a game and throughout my search I saw that Advance Wars is the only one that deserves a pat on the back. I played it for a while at a friends house and it reminded me of chess. But, chess can be cool...right?

Advance Wars is full of originality and has some great visuals, it just left me thinking - Why can't Nintendo put their heads down and create some new, original games for my little handheld?

It's stupid, that machine has so much potential and all I'm getting is Disney stuff...and I don't like Disney.

They've got all this stuff coming out on Gamecube but all the GBA has is Kirby. Wow.

Zelda is coming on it, I'll probably get that, but it's like all the other Zeldas just different plot.

I WANT NEW STUFF!
Sat 10/08/02 at 17:43
Regular
mikelar wrote:
> Not Link To The Past exactly, it's a similar style game but with a
> 4-player feature, the screen shots I've seen from nintendo.co.uk seem
> very promising.

So, the same, but with updated multiplayer and graphics?
Fri 09/08/02 at 20:34
Regular
"Selected"
Maverick42 wrote:
> I thought you had Advance Wars?
>
> Is A Link To The Past being ported to GBA?

Not Link To The Past exactly, it's a similar style game but with a
4-player feature, the screen shots I've seen from nintendo.co.uk seem very promising.
Fri 09/08/02 at 18:51
Regular
I want Nintendo to make a new Mario and Zelda game instead of ports from the SNES.

Billie Jean is not my lover uh she's just a girl who claims that I am the one but the kid is not my son
Fri 09/08/02 at 18:43
Regular
I thought you had Advance Wars?

Is A Link To The Past being ported to GBA?
Fri 09/08/02 at 09:48
"Uzi Lover"
Thing is, I think they've sold about 4 million GBA's worldwide. They really need to satisfy those customers.

I'l probably end up getting Advance Wars or Golden Sun thanks to your help. But, I may not even get anything at all and just take my MP3 player and loads batterys to keep me amused.
Fri 09/08/02 at 08:59
Regular
Guess ninty have been focusing their attention on making the cube successful.. can't really blame them, but it's a shame - a few more worthwhile-looking title and i'd consider getting a gba.
Fri 09/08/02 at 08:23
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I'd like to see a new version of the Donkey Kong Country games from the SNES. The graphics were great on the SNES so why not (using the graphics) make a brand new version!

You nether no, they might even port Mario Paint (LOL) !
Fri 09/08/02 at 00:31
Regular
"Selected"
That's the same feeling I get with the GBA; that the games are all ports from the SNES. But fair enough to Nintendo, they really have their work cut out for the next year what with new GBA games, New GC games and new features when you connect the two.

I guess we just have to wait for Ninty to get their stuff together, then it's really gonna take off.
Fri 09/08/02 at 00:12
Regular
The new Metroid is looking pretty good.

Anyway, we all knew that the GBA was going to mostly be Snes ports, hence I've still not got one yet.

BUT, within a year, there will be nothing left to port.
That's when we'll get a brand new "Super Mario World", a fantastic new Zelda and Rare might even give us a new Donkey Kong Country game.

PS. My Brother got Golden Sun and I've found it VERY adictive.
Digitiser say as RPG's go it's generic so if you'd played a load then you might get a sense of De-ja vous. But I've not played many, and I'm loving this one.
Thu 08/08/02 at 23:14
Regular
Shame Zelda is just the old SNES one... Golden Sun is all I can recommend... best GBA game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.