GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reformatting?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/05/08 at 19:28
Regular
"Wolvesnews"
HI
Virtually everytime I go back into a page to edit text etc the text has reformatted itself and I have re alter it i.e paragraph breaks have disappeared and all the text becomes one big paragraph! Is there a way that I can save the page so as the text will remain the same as I left it?
cheers
Fri 30/05/08 at 12:47
Regular
"Wolvesnews"
Eccles wrote:
> Try taking out the toolbar code. It's causing the content area to
> stretch too far (hence the horizontal scroll bar), which will
> result in your page layout appearing different to what you see in
> the editor (which has a width of 686px).
> I expect you are editing the page and moving text around to make
> it look how you think it should but the code for your toolbar
> doesn't show at this point, when you view the page it does, which
> messes up the flow of your text.

Hi
I have removed the toolbar html and the page now appears to retain its original format. Thanks for your help - much appreciated!
Fri 30/05/08 at 10:37
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Try taking out the toolbar code. It's causing the content area to stretch too far (hence the horizontal scroll bar), which will result in your page layout appearing different to what you see in the editor (which has a width of 686px).
I expect you are editing the page and moving text around to make it look how you think it should but the code for your toolbar doesn't show at this point, when you view the page it does, which messes up the flow of your text.
Thu 29/05/08 at 21:38
Regular
"Wolvesnews"
Eccles wrote:
> Any particular page I should be looking at for this issue?
> I notice that a lot of your pages contain 3rd part adverts that
> probably use Javascript to display.
> At the moment the editor does not support the pasting and saving
> of Javascript correctly so I suspect this may be causing a few
> problems.

It happens to all of my news stories i.e. www.wolvesnews.co.uk/news4.html and 5,6,7,8,9,up to 22. Every time I go back to them the format has changed.
Thu 29/05/08 at 17:22
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Any particular page I should be looking at for this issue?
I notice that a lot of your pages contain 3rd part adverts that probably use Javascript to display.
At the moment the editor does not support the pasting and saving of Javascript correctly so I suspect this may be causing a few problems.
Thu 29/05/08 at 14:39
Regular
"Wolvesnews"
Eccles wrote:
> I'll have a look next week. Starting work on some Instant Sites
> improvements then, which includes improvements from feedback you
> and other customers have given.

Hi
Formatting has been particularly bad today. The format had altered from the time I had saved and finished till the time I viewed the page live. Normally it has only altered when I go back into the page to re edit.
cheers
Sat 24/05/08 at 14:51
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I'll have a look next week. Starting work on some Instant Sites improvements then, which includes improvements from feedback you and other customers have given.
Sat 24/05/08 at 13:51
Regular
"Wolvesnews"
Eccles wrote:
> If you are copying and pasting text into the editor and then
> saving it you may well find that some formatting is lost. If you
> are copying from Microsoft Word then I recommend you use Internet
> Explorer to edit your Instant Site as this will help retain the
> formatting.
>
> If you are simply typing directly in to the editor and then
> saving then the formatting should remain as you have set it. It
> did throughout testing!
#
Hi Eccles
It happens whether I copy and paste or type directly to the page. It's more of a nuiscance rather than a major prob but any help that you could offer would be appreciated.
cheers
Fri 23/05/08 at 19:15
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
If you are copying and pasting text into the editor and then saving it you may well find that some formatting is lost. If you are copying from Microsoft Word then I recommend you use Internet Explorer to edit your Instant Site as this will help retain the formatting.

If you are simply typing directly in to the editor and then saving then the formatting should remain as you have set it. It did throughout testing!
Thu 22/05/08 at 19:28
Regular
"Wolvesnews"
HI
Virtually everytime I go back into a page to edit text etc the text has reformatted itself and I have re alter it i.e paragraph breaks have disappeared and all the text becomes one big paragraph! Is there a way that I can save the page so as the text will remain the same as I left it?
cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.