GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Video games ruin more innocent lives"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/05/08 at 12:13
Regular
BBC Video

I'm sure you've heard of this story (can't remember if we did a thread about it actually). But this is the first time I've seen a video clip.

Just look at the poor girl, she's absolutely distraught, her life has been turned upside down. All because a video game called her grossly obese. Look, she's so upset she has difficulty answering the questions they put to her.

What about her poor mother? I mean how would you feel if your 11 year old daughter says she wants to eat a healthy diet of fruit and veg instead of pizza and chips. What's the world coming to?

I think the mother is being too soft, she should have stuck to her earlier request to have the game banned and pulled off the shelf. However putting an age rating of 18 on the game and its "BMI" tests is the next best thing.

I read somewhever that these BMI calcuations aren't accurate at all, infact they're nothing more than theory, just like evolution and 9/11
Thu 22/05/08 at 20:37
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Don't tell a young girl she's 'muscular'
>
> Unless you explain that's not a bad thing

never tell a woman they look "well" either.
apparently that means they look fat.
why bother having a language if en entire gender fail to grasp it? ;)
Thu 22/05/08 at 17:54
Regular
"Mooching around"
I'm very happy there are rationale mothers left in this world, well done her for her end statement.
Thu 22/05/08 at 15:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Video not working for me.

"An 11-year-old girl from Lincolnshire has been described as overweight by Nintendo's Wii Fit video game."

And this is news!?
Thu 22/05/08 at 14:33
Regular
Don't tell a young girl she's 'muscular'

Unless you explain that's not a bad thing
Thu 22/05/08 at 14:30
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Seems more of an attack on the stupidity of BMI (it is incredibly stupid if you've ever moved a limb...).
Thu 22/05/08 at 12:35
"possibly impossible"
I'm shocked. It seemed quite well put together and not at all anti-videogames.

The mother even said how good the game was, just that it shouldn't tell young kids that they're overweight.

Well done BBC for not going all Daily Mail on us.
Thu 22/05/08 at 12:13
Regular
BBC Video

I'm sure you've heard of this story (can't remember if we did a thread about it actually). But this is the first time I've seen a video clip.

Just look at the poor girl, she's absolutely distraught, her life has been turned upside down. All because a video game called her grossly obese. Look, she's so upset she has difficulty answering the questions they put to her.

What about her poor mother? I mean how would you feel if your 11 year old daughter says she wants to eat a healthy diet of fruit and veg instead of pizza and chips. What's the world coming to?

I think the mother is being too soft, she should have stuck to her earlier request to have the game banned and pulled off the shelf. However putting an age rating of 18 on the game and its "BMI" tests is the next best thing.

I read somewhever that these BMI calcuations aren't accurate at all, infact they're nothing more than theory, just like evolution and 9/11

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.