GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The REAL Gad Attack....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/08/02 at 21:20
Regular
Tony lay back in his comfy chair on the 231st floor of SR-Towers. Another day was over. He could get Loki to choose the GAD winner later on.... for now, all that mattered was having a nap before it was time to go home. Sorry Tony, we forgot. You are at home. I'm sorry.

A strange wind blew against the hair of the great man. Someone must have left the window open again.... these pesky staff! The wind blew again.......

"Strange", says Tony "I'm sure there's not a window over there" - You know, he's right. There isn't a window over there. Mysterious, don't you think? Let's find out more...

Turning himself around on the chair, his eyebrows raised in surprise. The wind was actually the movement of a couple of boxes - two copies of Golden Sun. Looking at them carefully, he saw that they'd grown wings, and had a note attached to the side.

TO ALI, AND EVERYONE AT SR-TOWERS. WE HAVE RETURNED.

"Curious", thought Tony. "I wonder what they want. ALI!!!!"

Ali walks in with a straight back and kneels on the floor

"Yes, Great Master?"

"What do you know about this?"

"Ahhh.... I was wondering when they'd get here. They're the two copies of Golden Sun that we sent to the wrong person"

Tony raised his eyebrows. "In that case, you can deal with them. I'm going to sleep."

And he lay down again, and closed his eyes. In fact, Ali hardly believed that he was alive. Therefore, for the rest of this story, we'll assume that he's not alive, since it will make everything much easier. If the two boxes kill him straight away, then we don't have to worry about him any more. Nice knowing you, Tony. Sorry you had to leave so soon

Ali looked back at the two boxes again. "Funny. I'm sure that there used to be a wall there."

Unfortunately for Ali, the wall isn't there any more. Fortunately, due to a useful function in topics posted on these forums by exceptionally ordinary pigs, the 232nd floor isn't going to fall on top of this floor. It would be conveniant if it did, of course, and we could be sure that Tony was dead, but then we'd miss the other 31 blank boxes that entered in the room behind the first two.

"Hmm.. very odd. They must be for the silly people who won a prize in the last 90 days, but forgot to claim it. Silly people. I've got work to do"

So Ali sat down and did some work. No, he's not dead. It would be nice if he was, but he's not.

Just then, one of the blank boxes opened up, a giant Pikachu walked out, and gave Ali an electric shock.

"AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........." - That's a scream. Of pain. Because electric shock's are painful. Particularly when they come from large Pikachus. Having recovered very quickly from the shock (Ali doesn't die so easily as Tony), Ali got up, and sighed.

"Oh dear..... not again. When one of them does it, they all do"

Because, you see, that person would have claimed Super Smash Bros. Melee, if they'd remembered to claim the prize. Unfortunately for Ali, they forgot. Now, he needs to worry about the other 5 people who claimed it in the last 90 days. Particularly the one that went to rob_skater. I've no idea why, but it sounds like a very dangerous person to Ali.

However, when Ali thinks that it's all over (being stronger than Tony doesn't make you a super-hero), he sees a smiling Mario walk up behind the Pikachus with a large hosepipe. Ali's life would be perfect, if it wasn't for the fact that Mario was singing, "Clean is better than dirty, and dirty's meaner than clean", in a very cheesy American accent.

Evidently finding it difficult to decide whether Ali, Pikachu or the dead Tony are the most dirty, Mario inevitably uses his hose-pipe to drench all three of them. Unfortunately for Pikachu, electricity and water don't mix. In a flash of light, all of the Pickachus vanish. Again, having dead bodies lying around would be really inconvinient, so Pikachu can just vanish. Good.

Wandering up to Mario, however, he seems to have lost his public sprited image. Evidently, Super Mario Sunshine was too much for him. Therefore, he continues his song, while using his hose-pipe to destroy every computer in the room. No, they don't vanish. Don't be stupid. Computer's don't just vanish, do they? You're destroying all sense of realism in this story...

The song continues, "Mario can't do it alone!!!!!"

"In that case........" Ali takes Mario, turns him around, and points the hosepipe at Tony. He's just dead, he didn't vanish. Good, he's still smiling. Mario, that is, not Tony. Tony's looking at Mario and Ali, looking REALLY angry. He's pulling back his fist...

Hang on, Tony's dead! Grrr... I'll put a stop to this "dead people getting up again" nonsense.

No Tony, you can't hit Ali or Mario. You're dead, remember? No, really? Dead people aren't usually this much trouble. Go and lie down, could you? Don't argue back, you're dead. Grr...

Alright Tony, maybe you're not dead. Is that OK? No, that doesn't mean you can hit MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"By the way, Mario, we're not having any of this GAD attack nonsense. Go back home".

In fear of Mr. Big Man, Mario decides that he no longer has a strange desire to clean SR-Towers. Perhaps he realised what an impossible task that would be....

And everything returns to normal in SR towers. Fortunately for some, unfortunately for others, Tony does appear to be entirely un-dead. Then again, we already knew he was a flesh-eating zombie. Sorry Tony? No, you're right, I didn't say that. And the strange (and perfectly ordinary) Pig, that sat in the corner and told Tony that he was dead appears to have been exiled to Siberia. Come on, everyone gets exiled to Siberia one day. No really

It's rather hot in Siberia. And there's not much to do............ And there's a large Tony look-a-like running towards me. They seem to be very popular around here...

That's all folks,

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig

P.s. No offense meant to anyone, particularly Tony, Ali, myself, Mario, Pikachu, Mr. Big Cheese, rob_skater (I've no idea why I chose you), or the poor person who read this all the way through
Thu 08/08/02 at 18:05
Regular
Not again........ I'll be telling him about this, mark my words... ;-)
Thu 08/08/02 at 11:52
Regular
I was squirted by Mario the other week... cheeky devil.
Wed 07/08/02 at 21:51
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> I was the poor sod who read it all the way through...
>
> erm very strange to say the least.

And I offer my full apologies to you. If you haven't died, vanished, or been squirted by Mario, that is....
Wed 07/08/02 at 19:08
Regular
Why do so few people ever reply to my topics? :( :( :(

Maybe it's a side-effect of being "strange".

I'm bored, if you haven't already noticed. Maybe I should write "GAD attack 2".

Ah well,

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig
Wed 07/08/02 at 18:33
Regular
Insulting my name again........grrrrr...... ;-)

I could explain why I'm a PinkPig, but I'd rather not. You'd just think I was even stranger.

As for the topic title, I was "inspired" by the topic in the Customer Service forum, which apparently "looked like a spoof". Hmm...

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig
Wed 07/08/02 at 08:15
Regular
"Selected"
I thought that was good, quite strange but original at least.

I suspect the title of the topic was inspired by a simliar one started in the SR customer services by some handsome devil a while back, eh...
Wed 07/08/02 at 00:56
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Was that the weirdest post EVER?

:-D

Strange, PinkPig...strange...

Just like your name!

:-)
Tue 06/08/02 at 23:14
Regular
I was the poor sod who read it all the way through...

erm very strange to say the least.
Tue 06/08/02 at 21:20
Regular
Tony lay back in his comfy chair on the 231st floor of SR-Towers. Another day was over. He could get Loki to choose the GAD winner later on.... for now, all that mattered was having a nap before it was time to go home. Sorry Tony, we forgot. You are at home. I'm sorry.

A strange wind blew against the hair of the great man. Someone must have left the window open again.... these pesky staff! The wind blew again.......

"Strange", says Tony "I'm sure there's not a window over there" - You know, he's right. There isn't a window over there. Mysterious, don't you think? Let's find out more...

Turning himself around on the chair, his eyebrows raised in surprise. The wind was actually the movement of a couple of boxes - two copies of Golden Sun. Looking at them carefully, he saw that they'd grown wings, and had a note attached to the side.

TO ALI, AND EVERYONE AT SR-TOWERS. WE HAVE RETURNED.

"Curious", thought Tony. "I wonder what they want. ALI!!!!"

Ali walks in with a straight back and kneels on the floor

"Yes, Great Master?"

"What do you know about this?"

"Ahhh.... I was wondering when they'd get here. They're the two copies of Golden Sun that we sent to the wrong person"

Tony raised his eyebrows. "In that case, you can deal with them. I'm going to sleep."

And he lay down again, and closed his eyes. In fact, Ali hardly believed that he was alive. Therefore, for the rest of this story, we'll assume that he's not alive, since it will make everything much easier. If the two boxes kill him straight away, then we don't have to worry about him any more. Nice knowing you, Tony. Sorry you had to leave so soon

Ali looked back at the two boxes again. "Funny. I'm sure that there used to be a wall there."

Unfortunately for Ali, the wall isn't there any more. Fortunately, due to a useful function in topics posted on these forums by exceptionally ordinary pigs, the 232nd floor isn't going to fall on top of this floor. It would be conveniant if it did, of course, and we could be sure that Tony was dead, but then we'd miss the other 31 blank boxes that entered in the room behind the first two.

"Hmm.. very odd. They must be for the silly people who won a prize in the last 90 days, but forgot to claim it. Silly people. I've got work to do"

So Ali sat down and did some work. No, he's not dead. It would be nice if he was, but he's not.

Just then, one of the blank boxes opened up, a giant Pikachu walked out, and gave Ali an electric shock.

"AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........." - That's a scream. Of pain. Because electric shock's are painful. Particularly when they come from large Pikachus. Having recovered very quickly from the shock (Ali doesn't die so easily as Tony), Ali got up, and sighed.

"Oh dear..... not again. When one of them does it, they all do"

Because, you see, that person would have claimed Super Smash Bros. Melee, if they'd remembered to claim the prize. Unfortunately for Ali, they forgot. Now, he needs to worry about the other 5 people who claimed it in the last 90 days. Particularly the one that went to rob_skater. I've no idea why, but it sounds like a very dangerous person to Ali.

However, when Ali thinks that it's all over (being stronger than Tony doesn't make you a super-hero), he sees a smiling Mario walk up behind the Pikachus with a large hosepipe. Ali's life would be perfect, if it wasn't for the fact that Mario was singing, "Clean is better than dirty, and dirty's meaner than clean", in a very cheesy American accent.

Evidently finding it difficult to decide whether Ali, Pikachu or the dead Tony are the most dirty, Mario inevitably uses his hose-pipe to drench all three of them. Unfortunately for Pikachu, electricity and water don't mix. In a flash of light, all of the Pickachus vanish. Again, having dead bodies lying around would be really inconvinient, so Pikachu can just vanish. Good.

Wandering up to Mario, however, he seems to have lost his public sprited image. Evidently, Super Mario Sunshine was too much for him. Therefore, he continues his song, while using his hose-pipe to destroy every computer in the room. No, they don't vanish. Don't be stupid. Computer's don't just vanish, do they? You're destroying all sense of realism in this story...

The song continues, "Mario can't do it alone!!!!!"

"In that case........" Ali takes Mario, turns him around, and points the hosepipe at Tony. He's just dead, he didn't vanish. Good, he's still smiling. Mario, that is, not Tony. Tony's looking at Mario and Ali, looking REALLY angry. He's pulling back his fist...

Hang on, Tony's dead! Grrr... I'll put a stop to this "dead people getting up again" nonsense.

No Tony, you can't hit Ali or Mario. You're dead, remember? No, really? Dead people aren't usually this much trouble. Go and lie down, could you? Don't argue back, you're dead. Grr...

Alright Tony, maybe you're not dead. Is that OK? No, that doesn't mean you can hit MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"By the way, Mario, we're not having any of this GAD attack nonsense. Go back home".

In fear of Mr. Big Man, Mario decides that he no longer has a strange desire to clean SR-Towers. Perhaps he realised what an impossible task that would be....

And everything returns to normal in SR towers. Fortunately for some, unfortunately for others, Tony does appear to be entirely un-dead. Then again, we already knew he was a flesh-eating zombie. Sorry Tony? No, you're right, I didn't say that. And the strange (and perfectly ordinary) Pig, that sat in the corner and told Tony that he was dead appears to have been exiled to Siberia. Come on, everyone gets exiled to Siberia one day. No really

It's rather hot in Siberia. And there's not much to do............ And there's a large Tony look-a-like running towards me. They seem to be very popular around here...

That's all folks,

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig

P.s. No offense meant to anyone, particularly Tony, Ali, myself, Mario, Pikachu, Mr. Big Cheese, rob_skater (I've no idea why I chose you), or the poor person who read this all the way through

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.