GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FIFA or ISS?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/11/00 at 16:37
Regular
I definately want a footie game, but which should I go for? I really want it to play with my mates one on one.

Thanks
Mon 20/11/00 at 12:31
The best variant of ISS is the Evolution game and this is due on PS2 sometime next year. The current ISS game is a port of the N64 version which I thought was pretty poor.

Fifa 2001 gets my vote for now, even if you can acheive some unrealistic score-lines. Although,it will be interesting to see if the texture mapping option on PS2 enhances my PSone copy of ISS eveolution.
Mon 20/11/00 at 10:58
Have you seen ISS? It's like watching a game of pinball.
If there are too many goals in FIFA then up the difficulty.
Sun 19/11/00 at 17:14
Mad Gee wrote:
> ISS is
> more arcade than FIFA so the play is more frantic and less
> realistic.

Hello!!!! if this is true how do you end up with scorelines like 14 - 11 on fifa but 1 - 0's on iss. plus you can score with the goaly on fifa - hmmmmm realistic!!
Sun 19/11/00 at 08:12
FIFA2001 RULZ
Sun 19/11/00 at 08:11
hmmmm ok i thought about it-not

listen to my advice.......

FIFA2001,FIFA2001,FIFA2001and FIFA2001.
Fri 17/11/00 at 10:27
It all comes down to the style of game that you will enjoy. ISS is more arcade than FIFA so the play is more frantic and less realistic. FIFA however has all the usual EA qualities of presentation and attention to detail whilst the game play is somewhat sophisticated.

My vote goes with FIFA as it will benefit more from the PS2's abilities.
Thu 16/11/00 at 19:10
Regular
"Whatever!"
I am another who is desperate for a footie game. The only thing is I am not that impressed with the current crop of games. Ive never been a fan of the FIFA series and although FIFA 2001 looks great I believe it will still play the same as previous titles. ISS looks alright but not exactly next generation.
Think I will wait untill the ISS Pro Evolution team make a worthy soccer title for the machine, in the mean time will have to make do with ISS Pro Evolution.
Thu 16/11/00 at 17:10
Regular
I have to agree with Viperfire, i have preordered FIFA 2001 over ISS after reading the reviews and deciding there is nothing better than a good high scoring football game after all goals are what it is all about
Thu 16/11/00 at 16:52
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I am also desperate for a football game.
On the PS2 I would defiantly say FIFA 2001, it has had better reviews than ISS. Graphics, commentary and other sounds are a 100% better than ISS and even the game play is better. ISS smells like a rushed job. Also I have just got back from America where I had a go on a demo of FIFA 2001 at comp usa and it was brilliant.
Well that’s my opinion anyway, and the end of the day the decision is yours.
Thu 16/11/00 at 16:37
I definately want a footie game, but which should I go for? I really want it to play with my mates one on one.

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.