GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lacking Humour"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/08/02 at 12:37
Regular
Now, I have a sense of humour. I find certain things funny, others hilarious.

I see amusing posts and parodies posted by the likes of Meka, Goatboy and SHEEPY to name but a few. I read them, laugh, and think to myself "so clever, yet so simple and obvious". I know it's obvious, because the humour is such a simple link in todays somewhat twisted reality.

And yet...

I cannot replicate it. I just can't get the inspiration to write such things myself.

Truly, some have it and some do not. It seems that I do not.

R
Tue 06/08/02 at 12:37
"Darkness, always"
Now, I have a sense of humour. I find certain things funny, others hilarious.

I see amusing posts and parodies posted by the likes of Meka, Goatboy and SHEEPY to name but a few. I read them, laugh, and think to myself "so clever, yet so simple and obvious". I know it's obvious, because the humour is such a simple link in todays somewhat twisted reality.

And yet...

I cannot replicate it. I just can't get the inspiration to write such things myself.

Truly, some have it and some do not. It seems that I do not.

R
Tue 06/08/02 at 12:44
"MMMMM, Chicken"
If you write something with the sole intention of making others laugh then It'll come out terrible, but if when you write you get something that makes you laugh, chances are others will laugh also. Also, irrelevence is always funny, so dont be too focused, go off on tangents, and have fun writing, the fun you have writing can be seen in the text.
Tue 06/08/02 at 12:44
Regular
It seems that a lot of people on here do not, yet they still keep posting the fecking things.
Tue 06/08/02 at 12:46
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Now that WAS hilarious.

It reminded me of Alex's pityful moaning in the Big Bro' house.

@:D
Tue 06/08/02 at 12:54
"Darkness, always"
genesis, this is the thing. People like Meka write things with the specific intention of them being funny, and they succeed...
Tue 06/08/02 at 12:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I never intenionally set out to try and write something funny.
I honestly try to be serious but it just ends up falling into some random series of nonsense-vomit.

There are times when I feel like trying to communicate, but then words start flashing into my head like "BAPS!" and "BOOBS!" and "KILLER BEES!" and I end up on the floor in tears of laughter.

*shrugs*

Either that or watch colleagues deny their squalid lesbian fantasies.
Tue 06/08/02 at 13:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I always get scared when somebody says I'm funny

I remember last year at school people kept on telling me I was " like soooo funny " which scared me because I'm not intending too and I thought they were extracting the urine, but they weren't.

Also I do find your "dry" humour, I think that's the word funny.
Tue 06/08/02 at 13:26
"Darkness, always"
thankyou, I'm honoured.
Tue 06/08/02 at 13:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
If I was King of the Earth, exclamation marks would be banned. THere's nothing worse than an exclamation mark at the end of a funny line, it's like someone telling a joke then having that flashing light that says 'LAUGH' start buzzing at you.

The only time I ever use them is when I'm clearly taking the pee, and the exclamation mark overrules what I've just said and makes it untrue. I hate you all!
Tue 06/08/02 at 13:32
"Darkness, always"
So the exclamation mark should be renamed "the mark of intended mirth"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.