GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Bulliten"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/08/02 at 00:54
Regular
The usually busy streets of the Mushroom Kingdom today ground to a halt, as a record number of people were absent from their places of work. The sudden abandoning of jobs is due to a significant increase in the number of floating coins that have been found within the Kingdom since it was built in 1985. The Mushroom Kingdom’s floating coins are well known across the whole world and have been famously collected by Mario in his numerous adventures. However, there were never enough to make anyone rich and most were found in hazardous areas, until now. The amount of coins has boomed over night, and current figures show there to be almost eighty times more then normal, causing people to leave their jobs in favour of grabbing their salary (and more) out of the air in a tenth of the time. If the coins continue to appear at the current rate scientists are predicting that by early 2003, only 8% of the population will be employed, and the streets will be flooded in money. Then by 2005, the Mushroom Kingdom sky will be so swamped with floating coins that they will block out the sun, and all plant life will cease to exist. This news has been greeted with immense fear and anxiety from the Mushroom people, as they too need the sun’s light to survive.
Mushroom kingdom royal, Princess Peach, has issued this statement:
“As yet we do not know the reason for this sudden increase in the floating coins, but I can assure everyone that our kingdom’s top scientists are working on it now, and hope to find a solution before the sun is blocked out. However, I’m sure you’ll all be pleased to hear that a plan to fit the castle with rotor blades so it can fly to a new, safe area is now underway. This is of course, only if the worst should happen, in which case a new Mushroom Kingdom will be founded in pastures new, and a commemorative plaque will be placed for all your lives.”
However, we here at Planet Nintendo have come up with what we think is going on. Having failed several times in attempts to hold Princess Peach for ransom, this is a new plan from arch nemesis Bowser, to take over the Mushroom Kingdom. We believe his idea is to flood the streets with so much money, that everybody stops working and becomes rich. His reason being that with no-one working, there will be no army to oppose him, no masons building huge walls to keep him out and no factories manufacturing items to help Mario with. And also, as we know, many rich people become greedy and fat, meaning they can do little to defend themselves. Other evidence to support our theory is Bowser’s recent acquisition of the Royal Mint, and the Goomba teams currently travelling the kingdom, changing all the signs to ‘The Bowser Kingdom’.
Despite this life threatening danger, local confidence in Mario to defeat Bowser and save the day remains high, and some are even claiming that Mario’s next adventure, Super Mario Sunshine, is in fact a quest to find and bring back a method of keeping the sunlight shining in the Mushroom Kingdom. We, however, do not think this is the case. For news on this story as it breaks, stay with us at Planet Nintendo.
Wed 04/09/02 at 02:30
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Maverick42 wrote:
> boxcar_boy wrote:
> someone won GAD for this ? its just a made up story, ie spamming
> surely you should win GAD for making interesting topics?
>
> I suggest that you check your definition of spam (might be a reference
> to 'spammer' in which case there'll be a picture of you) and the how
> to win GAD section on the site.

look up ninty fan butt boys and there's a pic of both of you :)
Tue 03/09/02 at 21:33
Regular
boxcar_boy wrote:

I suggest that you check your definition of spam (might be a reference to 'spammer' in which case there'll be a picture of you) and the how to win GAD section on the site.
Tue 03/09/02 at 18:24
Regular
boxcar_boy wrote:

Fiction in this respect is entertaining - not spam.
Tue 03/09/02 at 12:16
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I suggest you go and look through previous GAD winners to find out what kind of things win GAD over here.
Tue 03/09/02 at 11:42
Regular
"innocent"
someone won GAD for this ? its just a made up story, ie spamming surely you should win GAD for making interesting topics?
Tue 03/09/02 at 02:41
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> But surely if money continues to appear at this rate hyper-inflation
> will set in, causing each coin to become practically worthless?

Ahhh but thats the beauty of it, they...err..don't..
Tue 03/09/02 at 02:29
Regular
Bloody hell! I didn't know this had won me a GAD! I wrote this while I was bored 'doing' my Geography course work! I posted it, got no replies and never looked at it again!

Now I can cross one of the 49 *must buy* games off my list :D
Mon 12/08/02 at 18:55
Regular
mikelar wrote:
> Ha. And people thought you needed loads of good replys to win a GAD.

Wasn't dauntingly long, either.

Excellent stuff Whitestripes!
Mon 12/08/02 at 17:55
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
But surely if money continues to appear at this rate hyper-inflation will set in, causing each coin to become practically worthless?
Mon 12/08/02 at 13:52
Regular
"Selected"
Ha. And people thought you needed loads of good replys to win a GAD.

Well done Whitestripes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.