GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kooky or freaky?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/08/02 at 14:29
Regular
Theres something about me that's just not quite right. I like to say I've a kooky personality, wheras others may say its freaky. I'll let you decide, and introduce myself properly to these forums to which I've posted in sporadically for the last 9 months or so.

Contrary to what anyone else may say, I truly feel that a persons character can be seen from what films and tv shows they like, so that is as good a place as any to start. If a persons character can be seen from this I guess I must have a split personality, because I not only appreciate more serious fare such as 28 Days, Girl Interupted, Cider House Rules, Se7en and on TV ER and The West Wing, while also being crazy about lightweight popcorn fare such as Miss Congeniality, Bring It On, Best In Show, Legally Blonde and on TV Ally McBeal, and countless 'cult' shows such as Buffy +Angel, Smallville, Stargate, and prehaps most disturbingly ..Due South! As sad as it is to admit, as a reward for acing my GCSE exams I was offered a present of my choosing, and being 16 what did I choose - a holiday with friends? Lots of new clothes? Driving Lessons? No, actually I chose £260 worth of Due South videos - the complete 3 series, oh and I bought the soundtrack CD's to boot. I also have a thing for action movies, Arnie ones mostly, but the alien films, die hard films and a few choice others are also in there. Needless to say my DVD and VHS collection are pretty, um, unique.

As I said at the start, Id call that Kooky, not Freaky.

When It comes to musical tastes I'm just as ecclectic, with Cd's ranging from the soft edged rock of sheryl crow, to the more soulful melodic singing of Dido and Sarah Mclachlan, From the bubblegum Pop of Britney and Anastasia, to Nickelback and Saliva. Ecclectic doesnt describe the half of it.

But wait, theres a dark secret that you dont know, something that would make anyone scream in horror - I often watch Childrens Programs! Gargoyles was a favourite late night programme for me last summer with me watching the 1 am screenings on toon disney, and disney videos that I bought when I was younger often get a workout on my VCR, Lion King being one of my favourites, and before you do the math, I bought it at the grand old age of 11! I was probably too old then, but watching them now may be considered sad - but not by me, I consider it kooky. Transformers were also one of my favourite series as a child, I had all the toys, all the videos, and as sad as it may be, I watched my Transformers:The Movie video just over a month ago(It was actually a conversation about the dvd re-release of this movie that made me remember about it locked away in my attic, so if its anyones fault, its members of the SR chat forums). But again is this something to be embaressed about? No, why would it be, am I possibly exhibiting signs of not wanting to grow up? Possibly, who knows?

There is also a strange cult that I have recently been seperated from, I was a WWF fan! Only recently have I stopped watching it, but I feel that I'll more than likely start again, Its kind of a recurring illness that catches up with you again every so often.

So from this limited information (its just what media I choose to enjoy) can you guess what my personality is like? Its quite likely that you have some idea, about what Im like. Kooky? Freaky? Its not for me to say.

But oh, my chat forum alias is a star wars reference, which will most likely sway the general consensus towards the freaky side....
Mon 05/08/02 at 14:29
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Theres something about me that's just not quite right. I like to say I've a kooky personality, wheras others may say its freaky. I'll let you decide, and introduce myself properly to these forums to which I've posted in sporadically for the last 9 months or so.

Contrary to what anyone else may say, I truly feel that a persons character can be seen from what films and tv shows they like, so that is as good a place as any to start. If a persons character can be seen from this I guess I must have a split personality, because I not only appreciate more serious fare such as 28 Days, Girl Interupted, Cider House Rules, Se7en and on TV ER and The West Wing, while also being crazy about lightweight popcorn fare such as Miss Congeniality, Bring It On, Best In Show, Legally Blonde and on TV Ally McBeal, and countless 'cult' shows such as Buffy +Angel, Smallville, Stargate, and prehaps most disturbingly ..Due South! As sad as it is to admit, as a reward for acing my GCSE exams I was offered a present of my choosing, and being 16 what did I choose - a holiday with friends? Lots of new clothes? Driving Lessons? No, actually I chose £260 worth of Due South videos - the complete 3 series, oh and I bought the soundtrack CD's to boot. I also have a thing for action movies, Arnie ones mostly, but the alien films, die hard films and a few choice others are also in there. Needless to say my DVD and VHS collection are pretty, um, unique.

As I said at the start, Id call that Kooky, not Freaky.

When It comes to musical tastes I'm just as ecclectic, with Cd's ranging from the soft edged rock of sheryl crow, to the more soulful melodic singing of Dido and Sarah Mclachlan, From the bubblegum Pop of Britney and Anastasia, to Nickelback and Saliva. Ecclectic doesnt describe the half of it.

But wait, theres a dark secret that you dont know, something that would make anyone scream in horror - I often watch Childrens Programs! Gargoyles was a favourite late night programme for me last summer with me watching the 1 am screenings on toon disney, and disney videos that I bought when I was younger often get a workout on my VCR, Lion King being one of my favourites, and before you do the math, I bought it at the grand old age of 11! I was probably too old then, but watching them now may be considered sad - but not by me, I consider it kooky. Transformers were also one of my favourite series as a child, I had all the toys, all the videos, and as sad as it may be, I watched my Transformers:The Movie video just over a month ago(It was actually a conversation about the dvd re-release of this movie that made me remember about it locked away in my attic, so if its anyones fault, its members of the SR chat forums). But again is this something to be embaressed about? No, why would it be, am I possibly exhibiting signs of not wanting to grow up? Possibly, who knows?

There is also a strange cult that I have recently been seperated from, I was a WWF fan! Only recently have I stopped watching it, but I feel that I'll more than likely start again, Its kind of a recurring illness that catches up with you again every so often.

So from this limited information (its just what media I choose to enjoy) can you guess what my personality is like? Its quite likely that you have some idea, about what Im like. Kooky? Freaky? Its not for me to say.

But oh, my chat forum alias is a star wars reference, which will most likely sway the general consensus towards the freaky side....
Mon 05/08/02 at 14:37
Regular
freak-anyone who wastes £260 on videos of an due south which was an entertaining series but hardly worth that much money. I suggest learning to drive! Oh and loose the wrestling, buffy, angel and britney (unless you are justin timberlake; and thats what you meant by "into britney")!lol
Mon 05/08/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Wasting away"
I suggest getting a life.
Tue 06/08/02 at 07:23
Regular
Buffy is acceptable (for obvious reasons).

Ally McBeal I can live with. (though not literally).

But £260 worth of Due South videos? No sympathy from here. lol!
Tue 06/08/02 at 11:01
I feel that I have to speak up In favour of Due South.

I loved it.

As for the your freaky/kooky leanings, you seem pretty normal to me. Just someone who isn't afraid to like what he likes.

And I used to live in Northampton so I know freaky.
Tue 06/08/02 at 11:13
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
You remind me of a Radiohead song :)
Tue 06/08/02 at 16:02
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Sure I have quirks and foibles, that what makes me a person, what makes life interesting....be funny to see what makes everyone else unique, everyone has something a little 'weird'. Its most likely you just dont want to share...
Tue 06/08/02 at 16:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You think thats kooky? Im 17 and ive just finished my Lord of the rings sticker album collection.

I win.
Tue 06/08/02 at 16:46
Regular
"One More Chance"
Best In Show is great. Best £10 on a DVD I have ever spent.
Tue 06/08/02 at 17:11
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
cookie monster wrote:
> You think thats kooky? Im 17 and ive just finished my Lord of the
> rings sticker album collection.

No...that's "sad", not "kooky".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.