GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICES? Whats that all about?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/08/02 at 13:39
Regular
Hi,
I've been wondering about this for years.But what is RRP all about? Why should manufactores dictate to shops what THEY should sell at? Shops can sell a game at any price they want.And why do shops refer back to the manufacture when advertising and say "LOOK! WE ARE SELLING AT 20% LOWER THAN THE RRP, EVEN THOUGH IT IS NEVER SOLD AT THAT PRICE!"
Are companys living in each others pockets or some thing?
Mon 12/08/02 at 22:29
Regular
"I like cheese"
And isn't it strange how DFS ALWAYS have a sale on?
Tue 06/08/02 at 09:17
Mr Ripper wrote:
> also, placing an RRP on a product box is a stroke of genius, since it
> ensures consumers aren't ripped off.
>
> clever, but under-utilised

But £45 for a PS2 game *is* a rip-off. I can live with £29.99, but no more, that just takes the pees.
Tue 06/08/02 at 09:02
Regular
Yes Rique,your right.If the people below can just stop praising the manufacture for a second,they would see whats really going on.Manufacturers 'fix' prices. If these people are too dum to see that then I think the manufacture has the rite to rip them off. And one of you have admited, the RRP is set as high as they can get away with. So they are not using it to stop shops charging £200 for a game.
Tue 06/08/02 at 02:18
Regular
Car industry sucks.

If you go to buy a brand new car, you gonna pay the same price wherever you look (unless you buy it from your mate dave or import it)

Apparently a few dealers have had thier franchise name taken away from them for selling below the RRP. Although that is illegal by the Manufacture...

Remember watching somthin on it on Watchdog a few years back. Memory too crap to remember it properly though...
Mon 05/08/02 at 17:40
Yes you are so :p
Mon 05/08/02 at 17:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
He also said "theese", if we are being pedantic (which we are).
Mon 05/08/02 at 17:32
Regular
"That's right!"
You used the word "bye" twice, for two different reasons. And got them both wrong

Give yourself a pat on the back ;)

Oh God, I really AM turning into Stryke!
Mon 05/08/02 at 17:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Some people are scared about buying things from the internet. They think that hackers will steal their credit card number and start charging things to it, and they feel safer buying from shops, because you don't have to wait for your game to be delivered.
Have you not ever just gone to a games shop and decided that you wanted a game and bought it? That's what a lot of people do.
Mon 05/08/02 at 17:30
RRP are really only there as guide but when you look at the SR web site and many others too you find most things under the RRP ie undercutting profits but it works bye the fact people will bye more from theese sites :0)
Mon 05/08/02 at 17:24
Regular
"That's right!"
People only pay that much because they don't know any better. Let them have a look on the internet and they'd see how much they're being ripped off, paying almost twice as much for a CD and extra for games/DVDs etc. Though, if everyone started buying from Play etc, they'd probably bump the prices up to rake in the spondulees. Grr

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.