GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advanced Scart Lead (?)"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/08/02 at 08:46
Regular
Do you use one?
I keep reading that they significantly improve the picture quality.
Should I get one?
Is it really worth it?
Tue 13/08/02 at 13:08
Cheers Nomad - I can't wait to get it actually, looks brilliant.

As for the DVD debate.

I don't have the Xbox DVD Kit so can't comment but I have to say that I thought the PS2 DVD playback is actually pretty good.

Yes, you MUST get the RGB lead (Blaze was my choice) and the Official Remote with updated drivers are pretty essential.

The only thing that I found annoying was the fan. During gaming it's no problem but during films it's quite intrusive.

I hear that the Gamecube DVD playback is lousy.....
Fri 09/08/02 at 17:04
Regular
"accidental superher"
i use my ps2 and xbox as my own personal dvd players
one is in my room...the other in the front room :D
and the xbox one is a better in my opinion :D
Fri 09/08/02 at 13:10
Regular
MR.COATES wrote:
> There is a big difference between the two IF you have an RGB enabled
> TV.
>
> If your TV can't deal with RGB signals then this lead will be a waste
> of money (unless you need the digital optical out).
>
> Can you test the TV with a DVD player or Sky Digital?

The only DVD player I have is the XBOX, and I don't have the playback controller yet. I think I'll just get one. If my TV ain't compatible, I can always return it.

Good GAD choice by the way. I can't wait to get my mits on Crazy Taxi 3. 20th Sept is the release date I believe.
Thu 08/08/02 at 21:47
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> I'm using the standard scart lead that comes with the XBOX. I was just
> wondering if anyone has used the "Advanced" scart lead and
> does it make any difference?

There is a big difference between the two IF you have an RGB enabled TV.

If your TV can't deal with RGB signals then this lead will be a waste of money (unless you need the digital optical out).

Can you test the TV with a DVD player or Sky Digital?
Tue 06/08/02 at 14:32
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I use the Joytech advanced lead for my Xbox. It has all the things the official cable has, but it also has an S Video cable and the optical cabled included, which probably saved me more than what the cable cost!

At only 14.99 from PC World, itīs much better value than the official cable.
Mon 05/08/02 at 21:35
Regular
My TV is a 20" I think. I might get just for the hell of it and see if there is a difference. Thanks.
Mon 05/08/02 at 21:19
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> I'm using the standard scart lead that comes with the XBOX. I was just
> wondering if anyone has used the "Advanced" scart lead and
> does it make any difference?

Yes if you have a big TV. I have always used the Advanced Scart cable for the Xbox as previous experience with the PS2 made me get a RGB Scart cable for the Xbox straight away. I have a 28" TV and can tell you that there is a massive difference from the normal Xbox lead compared to the Advanced lead. If you have a RGB Scart in the back of your TV use it.
Mon 05/08/02 at 20:56
Regular
I'm using the standard scart lead that comes with the XBOX. I was just wondering if anyone has used the "Advanced" scart lead and does it make any difference?
Mon 05/08/02 at 14:25
Regular
I have an old TV, so i currently use an RF connection. But i hope to pick up a new one soon so i can use the SCART connection. Its a miles better picture quality..
Mon 05/08/02 at 13:14
Regular
You have just brought this to my attention, I am getting a 5.1 playback system for my birthday and this is the lead I have searched everywhere for. The optical cable will connect to the box on this from the 5.1 system and then once the 5.1 system has been wired up everything should be up and running (with a few tweaks from the Xbox audio menu). I am going to save up Ģ20 and get this straight away, I watch DVDs constantly on my Xbox and I want to maximise the performance of the Xbox. I think my TV will accept it, I got the TV for christmas 2001, its a 25" Grundig and I am sure that it will accept RGB scarts, I am will just go and read the instructions now just to check! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.