GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Rat Pack."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/08/02 at 19:34
Regular
Did anyone else here know that the recent film Oceans Eleven was originally filmed by the Rat Pack back in the late fifties/early sixties?

I didn't.

It's only since I started reading the book by Sean Levy about, and titled, The Rat Pack that I found it out.

I also never realised how close to the Mob Frank Sinatra was, or how much s**t Sammy Davis Jnr had to put up with as the first major black performer the US had back in the early fifties.

It's a damn good read, and I'm only half way through. I've never had much interest in Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Jnr et al before, but this book has reall opened my eyes and I'd recommend it.
Mon 05/08/02 at 11:14
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Who were the Rat Pack?

The Rat Pack were Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jnr, Peter Lawford and Joey Bishop.

Get hold of the book if you can, I've just got to a bit that explains the links between Sinatra, JFK and mob boss Giancana.

It's a really interesting read and reveals some suprising things.
Sun 04/08/02 at 21:20
Regular
"Woah dude!"
There's actually a movie about the Rat Pack ,called 'The Rat Pack'(surprisingly).

It's a very good film ,and shows you what they were like and how influential they all were politically.

They were dodgy geezers to say the least.

Anyhow , the film stars Ray Liotta ,look out for it ,you'll enjoy it.

-You'll probably find it one one of the Sky movie channels,it's a few years old now.-
Sun 04/08/02 at 20:44
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Did anyone else here know that the recent film Oceans Eleven was
> originally filmed by the Rat Pack back in the late fifties/early
> sixties?
>
> I didn't.
>
They have been showing the original version on Sky Cinema recently, not had chance to watch it all yet.
Sun 04/08/02 at 20:35
Regular
Who were the Rat Pack? I keep on hearing stuff about Sinatra and them. It even got brought up in a (crap) Angel episode. Fill me in, someone.
Sun 04/08/02 at 19:35
Regular
Sorry, author is Shawn Levy, not Sean Levy.
Sun 04/08/02 at 19:34
Regular
Did anyone else here know that the recent film Oceans Eleven was originally filmed by the Rat Pack back in the late fifties/early sixties?

I didn't.

It's only since I started reading the book by Sean Levy about, and titled, The Rat Pack that I found it out.

I also never realised how close to the Mob Frank Sinatra was, or how much s**t Sammy Davis Jnr had to put up with as the first major black performer the US had back in the early fifties.

It's a damn good read, and I'm only half way through. I've never had much interest in Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Jnr et al before, but this book has reall opened my eyes and I'd recommend it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.