GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
".htaccess - is it supported by FREEOLA ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/08/02 at 16:10
Regular
Can someone say if .htaccess is available/supported on FREEOLA domains ?

If the answer is YES, any tips ?

Thanks.
Mon 05/08/02 at 02:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Depends. You can have complete control over the Apache configuration for your webspace usually - unless the admin restricts it. It's basically your own personal apache config, but you can also control other stuff like the PHP config - most usefully "MAGIC_QUOTES_GPC".
Sun 04/08/02 at 22:50
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
What sort of things is it a .htaccess file can control on your Web Space??? Everything???
Sun 04/08/02 at 01:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Because all your domains have .htaccess files to make sure they work, they're just hidded from you by the ProFTPd server they run (I think that's what it is). The downside of this is, if you actually upload your own .htaccess, you'll overwrite the previous one, yours will look as if it was never uploaded (because it's hidden) and your webspace will screw over spectacualrly - I found this out the hard way.
Sat 03/08/02 at 16:35
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'm not sure why either.

(and sorry for the double post)
Sat 03/08/02 at 16:34
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Sorry, it isn't.
Sat 03/08/02 at 16:10
Regular
Can someone say if .htaccess is available/supported on FREEOLA domains ?

If the answer is YES, any tips ?

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.