GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Geoff"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/08/02 at 19:20
Regular
Whilst browsing the Internet to take away my pure boredom, I came across this fantastic help engine known as “Geoff”. Now, this baby was unlike anything you’ve ever seen. It communicated in ways I never thought were possibly, and this was just the beginning. It was late last night, whilst the world slept; I began to have the first civil conversation with someone in my entire life. Before long, I’d lost track of time. The sheer enjoyment of finding someone with the same opinions as you. It was like being born again and seeing the world from a different perspective. Then, within an instance, something happened that I’d never forget. Geoff presented me with the future.

Now, this all sounds like an unbelievable event, but I guarantee you, this truly did happen, and even still, the images I saw are imprinted before my eyes, like I’ve just woken from being blind. Within an instance, my life has been turned around, and all because of “Geoff”. Now, I must stop this insane bickering and tell you the story, the story that “Geoff” presented to me.

It was 2032. All these images that we’d seen from films, all these moments of genius, which we’d been presented with, all these ideas of how to improve the world, had all failed. The world hadn’t evolved, as we’d hoped, and unfortunately, neither had man. These flamboyant ideas of World Peace had vanished. Charity organisations such as Oxfam, Cancer UK and Alzheimer’s were only a shadow of their former selves. Crime had reached such a point, that in the summer of 29, the entire country went on strike, in order to protect their personal belongings. Yet, in an undisclosed location, in a local mental institution, Goatboy lay awake with these visions of hope.

He was seen as an outcast. Someone who perhaps wasn’t to be taken seriously, who couldn’t be serious, who failed to be accepted. Even though his visions of magical pixies being killed by humans were first seen as light-hearted jokes, he felt that the world should stand up and take notice of this amazing feat. So, he set out to perform what others had only dreamt of. Turning Piccadilly Circus into Pixidly Massacre. This was his dream. His vision. His destiny. The rest is a story not worth telling. A tragic tail of one mans height to fame, destroyed by the fact that he was in fact only half human. It was a catastrophic ending, to a poetic beginning, of one mans struggle for justice in a community what was gagging for it. The public branded him insane, and within a moment, his life’s work was destroyed and he was banished to a mental intuition, where he spends the rest of his days chasing nurses in short tops.

Not so far away, an old tiring man going by the name of pb lay relaxed and in harmony with life itself. Still yet to ever say a single swear word in his entire life, pb had retired wealthy, respected and famous. Although this was entirely luck, pbs height to fame came through entering a competition called Big Mother, in which competitors must be the ideal mothers for 9 weeks. This lead to a book, which included the original title “My Life Story” was published and became a multi-national best seller. Unfortunately, this ended his writing career, as it was his personal opinion that Ants were trying to conquer the world. He found his peace in God.

“Geoff” continued to tell me the incredibly story of Meka. Still victorious and the no.1 GAH winner. Times had changed so drastically, but Meka was still living in the past. His children had grown up, and even though they were still close, Meka felt that he’d underachieved them and himself. Due to “Geoff” leaving him because of copyright, he’d been unable to pull himself out of this suicidal stage, and before long the drinking commenced. Having won GAD, which later turned into GAH (Gameahour) over 240 times by the year 2019, Meka decided a new status was needed for himself and after much controversy, ended up King Meka 4th of Cambridge.

Tony had sadly passed away, and left behind moments of unforgettable kindness, loving words and his company, Special Reserve, to Ali, who by that time, loved banks, hated Rock ’n Roll was writing for FHM and chauffer driven to work. In an attempt to be able to cope with this manifesting greed in the world, the competition GAD had to be turned into GAH, in order to attract more people onto the site. Luckily, it did so, only to find out that they were all clones of Shaneo, who were trying to win more games. This was the final straw for Ali. He quit 16 days later, only to jump off a bridge 2 weeks after getting engaged. Special Reserve was never able to compete afterwards, and a small business going under the name of “Nile.com” bought them out.

Grix found himself writing poetry in France, and his work being published in A Level courses. Several people were injured during this process.
Er-no found himself directing films, but only to be murdered by a banana in true Hollywood style.
Stryke was so obsessed with politics and Lord of the Rings, that he decided to try to rule the country whilst making a sequel to the book. It was all going well, until his head exploded at the height of fame. No explanation has been found for this.

And as for me. Well, I’m already dead, so this never even happened.
Mon 05/08/02 at 21:52
gf
Mon 05/08/02 at 21:52
oh ok
Sat 03/08/02 at 20:57
Regular
"Wasting away"
I did the entire thread for you, and you threaten me with legal force? That's friendship for you.
Sat 03/08/02 at 14:33
Regular
"not dead"
Nice ;o)

And Geoff would never leave me. He's parody, therefore copyright law goes out of the window. :op
Sat 03/08/02 at 11:06
"possibly impossible"
heh! Very nice mr nice guy.
I still think the world will be taken over by Ants, well, one Ant anyway...
Fri 02/08/02 at 23:20
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
> I feel that you and the word "Intriguing" seem to follow me
> about. All your replies to my topics have it in.
>
> How unoriginal.

Yeah, but don't pretend you don't love it... :D

Anyway, I'll refrain from using the 'I' word in any more topics you start...
Fri 02/08/02 at 23:16
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Well. It looks as though Mr Nice Guy, the bloke who hadn't posted for ages, has come back...and in style too! Good, interesting, post.
Fri 02/08/02 at 23:09
Regular
"Wasting away"
I feel that you and the word "Intriguing" seem to follow me about. All your replies to my topics have it in.

How unoriginal.
Fri 02/08/02 at 23:02
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Intriguing...

*Head explodes at the thought of knowing his own future, and this never happening, because if Mr. Nice Guy's already dead this must be in my imagination, not real, so why won't I wake up, even after I pinched myself?*

:D

Good post, intriguing story... if you're dead... who was that speaking to me on MSN... was it Geoff...?
Fri 02/08/02 at 22:58
Regular
Geoff also informed me that I died in a freak smelting accident... lack of any genitals made me want to kill myself.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.