GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Too many Mario games."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/08/02 at 13:57
Regular
Now we all admit that Mario is one of the, if not the, best game character of all time.
So he deserves credit and his own games and things, but calling games with more than Mario in, like Mario golf and Mario kart etc is too much.

This series of game seems to be continuing with Mario bowls and Mario watching-paint dry most likely to be released sooner or later.

So what needs to happen is a change of name, I have no idea what to but it needs to be done, and after the name change I think they could make a brilliant game that is worthy of taking up one disk, the Mario golf and tennis on 64 was rubbish with just the name carrying it.
Or they could put more than one game on the disk like maybe Mario golf and tennis on the same one.
Of course the characters are always going to be the main selling point of these games but it need more than just that to make a good game.

What do you think should be made e.g. Mario football etc., what name should it change too, characters to be used and what kind of levels to be used and what happens to them mid way thought the game?
Fri 02/08/02 at 13:57
Regular
Now we all admit that Mario is one of the, if not the, best game character of all time.
So he deserves credit and his own games and things, but calling games with more than Mario in, like Mario golf and Mario kart etc is too much.

This series of game seems to be continuing with Mario bowls and Mario watching-paint dry most likely to be released sooner or later.

So what needs to happen is a change of name, I have no idea what to but it needs to be done, and after the name change I think they could make a brilliant game that is worthy of taking up one disk, the Mario golf and tennis on 64 was rubbish with just the name carrying it.
Or they could put more than one game on the disk like maybe Mario golf and tennis on the same one.
Of course the characters are always going to be the main selling point of these games but it need more than just that to make a good game.

What do you think should be made e.g. Mario football etc., what name should it change too, characters to be used and what kind of levels to be used and what happens to them mid way thought the game?
Fri 02/08/02 at 14:03
"Darkness, always"
A 5-a-side Smash Bros. Soccer game does sound intriguing...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.