GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just seen Two Towers trailer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/08/02 at 21:33
Regular
Finally got around to downloading it. And it looks amazing. Even has Wormtongue looking suitably evil and getting chucked out of the Golden Hall. Legolas did cool thing with twin daggers and slid down some steps shooting big Orcs. Aragorn gets outsworded by Eowyn - this cannot be right. And Helms Deep looking amazing, with the armies of Orthanc fighting riders of Rohan. Why are there elves there? (Translation: Big Orcs fight pixie people and fairy humans at castle).

Anyway, looks class, I'll be seeing it at first showing on 18th. My birthday the next day, will blag day off school to see it. Hoho.
Sat 03/08/02 at 02:25
Regular
Got Region 1 LOTR:FOTR in the post the other day. (with trailer to the towers ting on it)

I'll watch it sooner or later.

So fellowship of the ring is that good eh? I only got it for me brother.
Sat 03/08/02 at 02:21
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Saw that trailer ages ago myself, even before the official release.
As for Helms Deep, it does look amazing. But if you had the DVD (Like me :)) you'll see how they made it...all in miniture form-wonderful!
And for anyone wanting to know, TTT "Trailer" on the Lotr DVD is actually a mini-10 minute Documentary, rather than a proper Trailer. It's nice watching it all coming nicely along. Hint: Andy Serkis is amazing.
Fri 02/08/02 at 21:00
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I haven't even seen Fellowship Of The Ring yet. Nor have I read the
> book

---

In time, I many forgive you for this atrocity.
Fri 02/08/02 at 20:31
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
MoJoJoJo wrote:

> I saw the animated version of LOTR when I was very young, can't
> remember anything about it except those midgits had hairy feet

Yeah I saw that when I was young too. I remember Aragorn, the mines of Moria and the Balrog thing. I also remember an evil wizard dressed in red, who (once I'd seen the proper film) I assumed was Saruman. But he was Saruman the White. And Sauron isn't a wizard.

I have been wanting to see it again for a long time now, but I don't really want to spend 15 quid on the DVD. And the rental place is such a long 5 minute walk away....
Fri 02/08/02 at 20:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive read the trilogy twice, im hooked. I have to admit though there is more of an eerie atmosphere created in the books concerning the black riders than in the film. The hairs on the back of your neck stand up whenever there is even the smallest reference.
Fri 02/08/02 at 20:00
Regular
"That's right!"
I haven't even seen Fellowship Of The Ring yet. Nor have I read the book

I saw the animated version of LOTR when I was very young, can't remember anything about it except those midgits had hairy feet
Fri 02/08/02 at 19:42
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I did see a Two Towers trailer ages ago but I don't remember Legolas sliding down steps shooting arrows. I remember everything else that you said though. I'm sure I've still got it on my PC so I'll take another look.

I've been reading the book more recently. My aim is to read Two Towers before the film. I'm currently at the point where the Fellowship has entered Moria. If the weather stays good I'll be finished in no time, but if it doesn't I won't as I can't seem to read indoors.
Thu 01/08/02 at 22:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I saw the trailer a while ago, i shouldnt have watched it though, it will make time seem to be going slow. I saw the advert for the fellowship dvd and i got so excited. Im so sad.
Thu 01/08/02 at 22:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've seen the trailer and it's got me all excited about the lord of the rings trilogy again. I can't wait to get my DVD of the fellowship of the rings so I can see the 10 min preveiw of the two towers. Still got a long time to go though before it's released. Still, like waiting for the first film, I think it will be worth it.

As for people sueing New Line Cinema for the name of the film, well I think they don't have a leg to stand on if all they have to argue is the name of the film.
Thu 01/08/02 at 22:00
Regular
Eh? You speaky talk of crazy person.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.